It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities Are Causing Spiders To Grow Bigger

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't understand why people hate them either. Hate is a strong word. I believe people who say they hate them are really afraid of them.

. a reply to: Hellhound604

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

When ever a friend of mine has a money spider on them, I will let them know about it, and if they show any sign of distress, I reach out and offer it a hand to climb onto. If someone is insisting that someone kill a spider, I capture it instead, either in my hands, or if I am unsure of the safety of doing so, a glass, and take it outside. I used to have a Wolf spider living in my bedroom when I was a kid, and they get to be a fair size. It let me alone, and I let it alone, and it soon became comfortable enough with my presence, that if I was sat at my computer, below its corner of the ceiling, it would drop down to the computer desk and have a nose around.

I have since learned that they can be nasty bite wise, but it never behaved aggressively toward me. It seemed to accept me as part of the furniture, and it ate all the Mosquitos and moths and other sundry flying pests that would have other wise harassed me. I miss having a big spider roaming my living quarters!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

No, trust me.
I hate them.

I got bitten by one once and had an allergic reaction.
Our cat kills them for me when I point them out to her,afterwards I reward her with a treat.

She's our little spider assassin.

edit on 22/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Cool story TrueBrit,

Holy Baloney!
I just googled what they look like.
You are a brave man!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

There is nothing brave about it!

The way I saw it when I was a child, is that I was much bigger than it, and if it caused me any trouble I knew I would be able to kill it. As far as I knew, it was therefore, no threat to me. To be honest, I thought it was pretty cute!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If people could write about things like this without actually posting pictures of them, it would be civil. Because there are many people who can't even click on a thread title for fear that someone has put pictures like that that are horrifying. I'm not the only one either. Very common in humans. Same with avatars. It should be outlawed because it causes real pain and trauma and intense reactions in many people.

just write so I can get the info too. But not with pics. Writing this in a high state of shock because had to see something horrific.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I am sorry if my video upset you also, but you must be aware that a thread about spiders which contains no images of spiders, would be less informative for their absence. Spiders come in many shapes and sizes, colours and levels of lethality. To know one from another is important for a great many reasons, including saying safe when around spiders, and facilitates better population monitoring of spider species, as they grow in communities.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I can always tell when I come home if my wife spotted a spider.

The whole house reeks of Lemon Pledge.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Horrifying? That is extreme. It's only a picture. Quite safe from what I've gathered.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I am sorry if my video upset you also...

They guy drinking himself into oblivion is not upsetting at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I was bitten by one too. It crawled into my sneaker that I'd left outside on the patio. It hurt like hell. Still I don't hate them. If some giant stepped on me I'd bite too.
I still think hate is a strong word for something you actually just fear. Spiders don't live by malice. They don't kill for,sport. Why hate them for being what they are? As for your poor kitty. Won't it be tragic if she gets bitten by one that is dangerous? I chase my kitty away from insects that may bite her.
edit on AMu31u0883410312014-08-22T10:10:56-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
And to be totally fair to the aracnids they don't just come up to a person and bite them any more than a wasp or bee just comes along and stings someone. You have to disturb them to get bitten. Or scare them. My son walked right into a pair of battling wasps once. I saw them but it was already too late to call him back. They were already agitated and unfortunatly they both stung him. He was little too. Poor baby. We were at the shore so I put cold water on it. That made him feel better.

ply to: TrueBrit

edit on AMu31u0883419312014-08-22T10:19:05-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Horrifying? That is extreme. It's only a picture. Quite safe from what I've gathered.

Yeah, horrifying, people who are afraid of spiders, and there are many, its an extreme adrenelin and fear based reaction. I have conquered it to the point of being able to steel myself for what I knew would come, feel the physical reactions and post but a few years ago would be up on my chair, trapped until the picture was disposed of by someone else.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To a real spider yeah. To a picture of one is irrational. Sorry but it's true. You should see someone about that. It can be overcome. Terrible way to live a life with such fears. My sister is or was like that with cats though I don't remember her ever being afraid of a picture of a cat. She got help for her phobia and she's normal now or as normal as the rest of us LOL. . a reply to: Unity_99

edit on AMu31u0883439312014-08-22T10:39:57-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AM000000310000000883443312014-08-22T10:43:36-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Deathly afraid of spiders? Images of spiders send you into a panic?

Solution: don't click on a thread where the thread title includes the words 'spiders' and 'bigger'.

edit on 22-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer because his mug is filled with spider eggs

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
One would think that would be obvious. LOL.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I gonna make a thread titled, 'Spiders grow fantastically large and sink their monstrous fangs into sleeping people'.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I was trapped in my room once because my brother had a picture of Charles Manson on his bedroom door. No not really. That would be ...well... kind of silly.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Wasps are straight up bastards. I spilled 7up on my neck once when I was about eight, and within seconds one came down, landed on the sugary mess, and then as I reacted to its being there (I had no idea what had landed on me at all), it stung me, right over the top of my jugular.

Anything that lunches on wasps, and munches on other stinging and biting insects, is alright with me.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
LOL. It is said that the average person swallows about twenty spiders in their sleep over a life time . Wonder what that little factoid will do to a person with arachnophobia???.

rreply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on AM000000310000000883454312014-08-22T10:54:39-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u0883455312014-08-22T10:55:20-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join