It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Cop Investigated For Offensive Ferguson Facebook Post

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So what your telling me is that this picture isn't of Michael brown? Isn't that his lil buddy in the background?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sin011001

That's exactly true, that is not Michael Brown Jr and that is not Dorian Johnson.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Are you saying that is is ok just because the clerks are making assumptions about what a white person will or will not do in any given situation.

Just like this cop made an assumption that Michael Brown was a hardened criminal, and tried to prove it by showing a photo of someone that wasn't even Michael Brown? If what they said to you was racist, then what this cop said was also racist. What he said about whites not rioting when O.J. was acquitted was also racist.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wonder how many people would automaticaly have called this guy a racist if he had pointed the gun at Black journalist and threatened to kill them?

My problem with calling people racist prematurely is that it inflames racial tension instead of helping us all get along. Sometimes people are just #@sholes,overwhelmed, frightened or whateever, and it might not have todo anything with racism.

So I encourage people to not be so simple minded and automatically go for the easiest cop out answer from the get–go.

In the case of this moron in the video i would prefer that they concentrate on where the training went wrong or the misuse of power than racism, as their could be others from the same academy he attended. If they labeled him a racist than the case would be closed and no one would look at the training failures and others effected.
edit on 01831America/ChicagoWed, 20 Aug 2014 14:01:21 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

After reading your posts, I have come to the conclusion that you are racist against white people.

I don't care what your actual color is, you read racism against black people in every post and at every turn.

I think we should report you to your employer as someone who is racist and therefore dangerous to society.

You have consistently throughout the thread seen racism at every turn, in every corner, and in the words of others. As if you want to see it to justify punishing everyone who thinks differently than you do.

Be careful my friend, when asking for the punishment of people for a thought you think they are having

one day it will be your thought (whether you had it or not)

that the PC police will be coming for.

I have lived long enough to know this will be true in the future.

When you ask to punish people for thoughts, which no one can read right now -

it won't be long before your thought is the one they come after.

I agree after reading the posts of Kali74.

It's so funny that the people who accuse people of being racist never shut their mouths about race.

This is the worst kind. I'd rather face an open racist because their intent and position are, at the least, predictable.

But using racism to convey racist assertions truely "takes the cake" as Kali74 stated earlier...the whole damned thing!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Sorry I don't buy into everything calming down if people stop calling racists, racist.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Sorry I don't buy into everything calming down if people stop calling racists, racist.

So you think premature or false accusations helps ease racial tensions. Got it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's so obviously racist, nothing premature about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's good to know that police and probably other government employees are stirring the pot. No way I believe this is the only time this has been done. Agenda.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's so obviously racist, nothing premature about it.

Go back numerous decades with that prosecution super power of yours and you would have been one heck of a klans member. After all they didnt need to wait for the facts either with the lynch mobs.
edit on 18831America/ChicagoWed, 20 Aug 2014 14:18:21 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The facts are right there. He posted a pic of two black men looking 'thuggish' knowing they weren't Brown and Johnson then makes a comment about white people not rioting. What else do you need?

Further, I'm not saying he should be hurt or even fired. Let alone lynched.
edit on 8/20/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The facts are right there. He posted a pic of two black men looking 'thuggish' knowing they weren't Brown and Johnson then makes a comment about white people not rioting. What else do you need?

Are you racist? because in the picture I see two black people . Why are they thuggish ?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Are you racist? because in the picture I see two black people . Why are they thuggish ?

Excellent point!
Those racists believe that it is wrong for black people to own guns or have any money.
Hell they probably think that black people shouldn't be allowed to have Hawaiian Punch...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Apparently you don't understand the subtlety of sarcasm. Surely you don't believe that his comment ( "I'm sure young Michael Brown is innocent and just misunderstood. I'm sure he is a pillar of the Ferguson community.") was to be taken literally? If so, you must miss an awful lot. If you know that it's sarcasm, then you understand the photo that went along with the sarcasm wasn't of a model citizen.

Anyway, have fun with your obtuseness.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I guess you missed the '___'.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Accusations of enforcing political correctness or the policing of thoughts can be a double edged sword. We the lowly opinionated civilians that we are have argued throughout this topic over the etymology, semantics and meaning of words used or intimated by our fellow ATS members. However, the social media message posted by the OP clearly describes a man's (this officer's) intent in writing and submitting his own words for public scrutiny, and gives a pretty clear description of his motivation for posting the photo/message combination.

I believe everything should be open to individual interpretation but c'mon, aren't we overly obfuscating the officer's intent or opinion (which seems pretty clear) just a bit? What his post says to me is: "ha, ha aren't I cleverly making a point that Michael Brown, his hometown, and you know what (ha, ha) his entire race is _______ without coming right out and saying it?" Now, my mind has filled in the blank left near the end of the previous sentence, and I am pretty sure that the by and large incredibly intuitive, intelligent members of ATS have also. The question is, how come so few will admit it? Personal prejudice and the need to defend our own race, culture, whatever--that's why.

Some vehemently claim racism cannot be derived from the officer's post, and that camp has also accused the OP of reading the man's thoughts, jumping the racism gun or force feeding the world an agenda of political correctness via racist anti-racism. Really? Two points: the OP did not bring up race. The officer in question, however, most certainly did with his comparative reference to whites and rioting: that's unmistakable; second, many have judged the OP very harshly for her defense of a particular race, resorting even to presume to know what she thinks and then proceeding to put those thoughts on trial based on her opinion represented by her posts. Well, way I see it, accusation and finger pointing--they're like a pretty busy two way street (no U-turns)

Let's not forget "Racist" is both a noun and an adjective. Comments or actions of a non-racist individual can sometimes be classified as clearly racist, and a self identifying racist can certainly make comments of a non-racist nature. My interpretation of the intent of the OP was a call to debate the danger of possible race baiting by a law enforcement officer, not to attack the officer's race or incite a finger pointing competition. You know, those oft musclebound paramilitary group of armed men and women tasked with "protecting" and "serving" our communities? Certain occupations forbid public expression of opinion and do hold their practitioners to much higher standard.

edit on PMp03201431152014-08-20T15:15:33-05:00J2014America/Chicago by AphoticJoe because: edit for continuity

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Apparently you don't understand the subtlety of sarcasm. Surely you don't believe that his comment ( "I'm sure young Michael Brown is innocent and just misunderstood. I'm sure he is a pillar of the Ferguson community.") was to be taken literally? If so, you must miss an awful lot. If you know that it's sarcasm, then you understand the photo that went along with the sarcasm wasn't of a model citizen.

Anyway, have fun with your obtuseness.

If you are ONLY capable of seeing a picture with two young black men holding a wad of cash in their mouth and pointing a gun as thugs, than you might be a racist.

Here is something crazy: Some people whos first instinct is not to be racist might actually be able to look beyond the color of the two young men in the picture and still comprehend the sarcastic remark. After all , their color wasn't what made them not look like a model citizen, was it?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I guess you missed the '___'.

No I wan't to know why you think that the color of their skin is what makes them look thuggish as you called them?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It doesn't but Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson are black, the cop posted a picture of two black men looking 'thuggish' to further sway public opinion against them. It would have been rather hilarious if he posted a pic of two white men looking 'thuggish' and claimed they were Brown and Johnson.

You're only throwing poo against the wall to see what sticks now.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How do you 'look thuggish'?
Clothing is a fashion statement.
Book/cover, you know. Don't judge.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join