It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Cop Investigated For Offensive Ferguson Facebook Post

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

And someday, if you don't speak against racism... you may not be the majority and experience it for yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And someday, if you don't speak against racism... you may not be the majority and experience it for yourself.

You don't know me sweetie.

I have lived racism. I spent 4 years in Hawaii. I was in a store that refused to wait on white people. When I talked to management, they said outright "White people don't spend enough money here, so we won't bother with them." My children were called names and other children threatened them, just because they were white. There were negative words used that in Hawaiian were equivalent to the "n" word on the mainland and an uneven tan was called Howlie Rot (meaning white "N'" people rotting skin). You have no idea how much non-whites in Hawaii hate white people. So don't even begin to presume you know me or my thoughts, or experiences. I have lived all over the world and have been discriminated against in many places I have lived and been in actual danger because of the color of my skin.

You my dear are reading into me again, presuming thoughts,
presuming to know me

and that is your problem here

and the screaming for punishment for what you deem incorrect thought

because - I'll say it again one day, trust me it will happen

your thinking will be the one that is deemed incorrect by society,

and by that time people like you will have convinced the government to make it a crime,

and no matter how much you say - I wasn't thinking that at all -

simply having someone accuse you of incorrect thinking will be enough to punish you.

edit on 11Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:25:58 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: highlight thought

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

or is he an Uncle Tom? 

Nope that is common sense, very rare these days.
He dose bring up a good point, how can someone change the world around them if they refuse to start with one's self.
I was going to say "this riot is the same as the rest, but at least the others waited to find out if the other party was innocent or guilty" .
edit on 20-8-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

People invested with authority MUST be held to higher standards. I'm sure I can easily go find plenty of racism all over any social media I choose and in any flavor of racism, it makes me mad but I don't post about them, don't report them because I don't like to appeal to authority, I don't like authority period... but we live in a world where authority exists and when people have authority over others it is important and our responsibility that WE as citizens and voters hold authority accountable to ensure that laws and justice treat all as equals. Racists cannot be impartial, they cannot wield authority without their bias coming into play.

To be clear, I never said or thought this cop should go to jail... I think his conduct record should be looked at and he should be watched to make sure he wields his authority with fairness.

Don't judge you? That's ironic...
edit on 8/20/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I have lived racism. I spent 4 years in Hawaii. I was in a store that refused to wait on white people. When I talked to management, they said outright "White people don't spend enough money here, so we won't bother with them." My children were called names and other children threatened them, just because they were white. There were negative words used that in Hawaiian were equivalent to the "n" word on the mainland and an uneven tan was called Howlie Rot (meaning white "N'" people rotting skin). You have no idea how much non-whites in Hawaii hate white people. So don't even begin to presume you know me or my thoughts, or experiences. I have lived all over the world and have been discriminated against in many places I have lived and been in actual danger because of the color of my skin.

Naaah, you were just reading too much into it. You were assuming that you were in actual danger because of the color of your skin. You just imagined that racism because you're too sensitive. Those Hawaiians were just venting their frustrations - they weren't being racist. Stop being so PC.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Do you honestly think that calling for the "watching" of someone because of a thought you presume they had is not dangerous?

The way the NSA, IRS, Homeland Security, and DOJ are behaving, the USA is moving rapidly toward

the punishment or "watching" of people that are accused by anyone of having a thought that is

considered contrary to the thoughts the people in power think the "little people" should be having

it is not a to great a leap to see what is coming

punishment instead of "watching" when someone accuses another of having a thought that is not government approved

edit on 11Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:45:38 -0500am82008amk203 by grandmakdw because: clairty

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Naaah, you were just reading too much into it. You were assuming that you were in actual danger because of the color of your skin. You just imagined that racism because you're too sensitive. Those Hawaiians were just venting their frustrations - they weren't being racist. Stop being so PC.

Whatever! Native Samoans and Hawaiians are VERY anti-white in general... Again read my lips NOT everyone but ALOT!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You're the one who brought up not knowing the difference, your patronizing posting of the definitions does not help you. If he is saying that black people riot but white people don't that to me says he thinks white people behave better... in other words, are superior.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Nobody ever heard of 'Kill a Haole Day'?

Kill a Haole Day

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

Whatever! Native Samoans and Hawaiians are VERY anti-white in general... Again read my lips NOT everyone but ALOT!

You don't know what they're thinking. How presumptuous of you.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Citizens should not be watched, cops and elected officials absolutely should be.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Why can't the Officer have the same opinion and be equally annoyed as the gentlemen shown in the Youtube video above which is clearly angered about how the Black community handles certain things?

Why did the officer have to make a comparison between whites and blacks? Why bring whites into it at all? He did that.

Like I said it was an idiotic post, but I don't know why he made the comparison nor do I know if he is truly racist or not. However, unlike many here I don't prosecute based on a comment on social media that could be mistconstruded.

Perhaps that was his way of saying the same thing as the African American person said on the youtube video but as white person to the Black community in regards to rioting.

""Remember how white people rioted after OJ's acquittal? Me neither,""

Nowhere did he say that all black people are involved nor white people are superior, that was your own creative thought process that led you there.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

You don't know what they're thinking. How presumptuous of you.

And presumptuous of you to think that calling for the "watching" of someone because of what you assume they are thinking will not be dangerous to society in the long run.

One day, someone may accuse you or someone you love of thinking something the government does not think is correct thinking and by then because
of people like you
could possibly be punished simply for someone accusing them of an "intolerant" or "bad" thought
even if you or you loved one would never think what you are accused of thinking
That is what this sort of post will
lead to
mark my words

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So, we can presume to know what someone's thoughts are because of what they say or do??? Really?!?
/sarc

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

A little hero worship for a black man that spits on the entire history of the Civil Rights movement?

I have no idea as to what you are trying to depict?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Cops have opinions too. And this was NOT racist. I'm so tired of that word getting thrown around by people who do not know its meaning.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

And presumptuous of you to think that calling for the "watching" of someone because of what you assume they are thinking will not be dangerous to society in the long run.

"Assume", like you "assumed" you were being discriminated against?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Ya we have been through 2 hockey riots..mostly whitebread..lol, no racial stuff.
As for the cops post..meh, on the oveall scale not a big deal IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Citizens should not be watched, cops and elected officials absolutely should be.

When it becomes ok to judge the thoughts of cops and elected officials

and put them under scrutiny or surveillance (watch) them because

of what someone accused them of thinking. (not doing, but thinking)

And that becomes accepted practice, it will not be long

and it will not be a societal stretch or a governmental stretch

before it becomes ok to do it to the average citizen.

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

This wasn't his thoughts, these are his words that he posted to social media to be seen and spread...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join