It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World without cops.. how would it look like ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: dollukka

The police of the future need to be robots.
Taser only with no fear of getting killed.

Everyone will be treated equally despite race or economic status.

Robocops everywhere.

Careful now. You'll have more cameras on us than we already have!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

We live in a world were the necessity of cops is growing instead of diminishing. A reasonable sized town without cops is a place you do not want to live. You do not want to be on the streets when darkness falls in.. and you want to be among people in the daylight. That bad...

Yep! Good thoughts.

And isn't it always the "ME" "ME" "ME"s ------ who never think beyond themselves. Who don't comprehend they live in a society with many other people who have varying "ME" "ME" "ME" thoughts of their own.

"ME" runs into another "ME" ---- with no cops around. Survival of the fittest. I think it's called de-evolution.

Beware of what you wish for.

edit on 19-8-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Towns will degrade, in every possibility there is a takers and when there are no law on the streets the takers might not be the people you want to be the Kings. After first chaos people will build somekind of protection unit to keep them safe, how well they are trained or how "corrupted" they are, would be the issue. Maybe its turning back to the Wild West system.
I live in rural area and we don´t have own cops, instead cops who has to deal our area comes from closest city, they deal over 50 miles area and they are not quick with responses... it could be better ( there used to be own police department here but they closed it )

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
sounds like fun Pa,,when do we ride to town,

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
sounds like fun Pa,,when do we ride to town,

Looks like the Arizona minutemen.

But, they got the boot.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

A picture says a thousand words...enough said.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Citizens can self police. There would be a lot less laws being enforced because it's too time consuming and dangerous to enforce MC's, VC's and such.

If the courts still function, all people would have to be trained in the basics of law and law enforcement. That might be a good thing.

People are capable of a lot more than governments give them credit for.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I've got more than that by myself.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Uh huh.

Care to translate?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There should be cops, but there should be MUCH less of them, and they should really only enforce SOME traffic laws and other minor stuff. There should also be a VERY strict policy on who qualifies to become a cop, with questions asked, such as.."were you picked on in High School?" and "are you a control freak?" Don't forget this very important question..."do you have the ability to distinguish between a REAL gun and a super soaker?" All of this is of course predicated on the 2nd amendment being respected EVERYWHERE, meaning the phrase "shall not be infringed" is actually treated with the legal meaning that the founders intended.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Body camera's would be a great start The cop culture is one of entitlement. They can do whatever they please and suffer no consequence. That has to change. Cops that witness a crime committed by another cop must come forward. It's not hard to see where it can all go wrong. A cop starts his/her career wanting to help people generally. Then they witness a fellow cop breaking the law and don't report it. That is the moment that they become criminals instead of cops. Once that happens they can't go back. They are implicit. There is certainly plenty of stress on the job. Crazy people cussing them and acting violent. They should get a weekly session with a therapist for that. I don't really see anything changing for the better though. This has been going on for over 150 years.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I spent sometime in Somalia in the early 1990s. No police and everybody was armed. It was pretty much hell on earth.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A world without cops? Well there sure would be a lot more donuts for the rest of us. Gimme a Raised Honeydip!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think we all agree that we need police officers.

I'm not so sure that we do. We need detectives, that's for sure. I want to say that we need police for our safety, but hang on a second - we are all grown ups, right? Can we not look after ourselves and our neighbours?

Are police just revenue collectors?

Edit:

originally posted by: MrSpad
I spent sometime in Somalia in the early 1990s. No police and everybody was armed. It was pretty much hell on earth.

Or, like in your example, would I be forced to choose between my life and converting to christianity at gunpoint by the local churchies?

Maybe we do need police - if only as some warped placebo.

edit on 19-8-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

There should be cops, but there should be MUCH less of them, and they should really only enforce SOME traffic laws and other minor stuff. There should also be a VERY strict policy on who qualifies to become a cop, with questions asked, such as.."were you picked on in High School?" and "are you a control freak?" Don't forget this very important question..."do you have the ability to distinguish between a REAL gun and a super soaker?" All of this is of course predicated on the 2nd amendment being respected EVERYWHERE, meaning the phrase "shall not be infringed" is actually treated with the legal meaning that the founders intended.

I've been holding this in for too long. Do you know how an LEO gets officer of the year? Its by meeting quoatas. LEOs are not sales people! Most laws that the find you break are laws "for our safety" so that shouldn't matter right?

It doesn't bother you when there are speed traps?
It doesn't bother you to see a police officer do a uturn for a failure to wear a seat belt?

It should bother you. If there were actual crimes being committed there would be no reason that you would have to slow down at a certain spot every month at the end of the month.

I hope you can tell that officer of the year acheivment simply means very good at harrassing the public to me. It would mean more if it was helping the community rather that simply numbers.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Uh huh.

Care to translate?

Didn't the bald dude with the goatee get the 'WEAR YOUR SUNGLASS"S" memo?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Gangs would run the streets without cops.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If there were no cops I'd be a warrior by now with a pile of people who dared to hurt me, and a really nice collection of weapons. Cops actually put peoples' hopes for justice on a long waiting list.

But realistically, without cops there would be militias and more death sentences.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
People would form small, armed groups. I think people would still be in favor of justice and morality. The new communities would work within the community to serve justice and morality. They would be separate from other communities and distrusting of outsiders. Some groups would form bandit gangs, but I think they would be outnumbered.

With no cops, you would see an end to large scale manufacturing and pretty much any other large scale, ordered endeavor. This would include the military. People would be more concerned about defending their community rather than defending a nation.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
People would form small, armed groups. I think people would still be in favor of justice and morality. The new communities would work within the community to serve justice and morality. They would be separate from other communities and distrusting of outsiders. Some groups would form bandit gangs, but I think they would be outnumbered.

Idealism is a nice word.

There are already lawless places on earth. Like Somolia for instance.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join