It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World without cops.. how would it look like ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There is a huge rampant against police force around the world, but maybe the worst we see in US today. Many police cars have been painted with "F#ck the cops " also painted on police stations walls etc.

So what do you think your town and cities would look like without law enforcement, how would you avoid looting, robberies, murders and gang activity. How would you keep your streets safe for kids. How would you avoid illegal immigration.

How would your world look like without a cops.. would it be heaven on earth ( well it would for some ).
Maybe the % who have been using

Need more cash to keep thugs from their property.
What happens to economic structures, is there still work tomorrow for you to go to..
Lets play the scenario that cops refuses to do their jobs and suddenly you are dealing world without order...

edit on 19-8-2014 by dollukka because: pictures censored

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
New Orleans just before Hurricane Katrina struck.
The LA riots after Rodney King.
The Watts riots.
That is what every major city would look like without cops.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ISIS comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think we all agree that we need police officers.

The police officers have to have accountability though. They cannot be above the law. Which they are now.

The police motto is "Serve and Protect" Most cops have forgotten the serve part and even the protect part. Now they just look to use force or arrest people.

A world without cops would have a huge increase in crime, more use of actual real military force on civilians to quell dissent and riots and a huge...I mean huge increase in fire arms, mace, tasers, and stun guns and a huge increase in martial arts, self defense and mma training. Lot's of death and destruction. So...we need cops, just not in their present form.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Instead of no police, why not better police?
Until we get better police... I'm looking for an NWA t shirt.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Instead of no police, why not better police?
Until we get better police... I'm looking for an NWA t shirt.

Word!

Second line.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

People hate cops they don´t want their services. Couple bad polices give the imago for whole system. Imago is intresting thing when it comes it doesn´t fade away easily.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Didn't you know?

People can self govern.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You have to start somewhere... the general believe is that all cops are rotten.. how do you get there with "better cops "

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there would be a lot of dead people.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thugs and gangs have that system.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There never used to be organized municipal police departments. These were formed after huge riots in New York. Previous to that, landowners hired their own protection services. The problem with this is that when ever man only looks after his own property, the other property owner is under no obligation to send his security thugs to the aide of the other. This left poor people, and those without protection to fend for themselves. Additionally, the rich got scared because their security forces could not repel large amounts of people on their own. So those rich, being the rulers of the country, created the first municipal police department.

There is nothing wrong with police departments, and they are more effective than everyone having to hire protection for themselves. The problem lays at years of repetative abuses, where most likely corrupt departments have sought to hide the misdeeds of its officers. A distrust has been formed because of this. There is also the issue that many cops are rude and aggressive when they encounter you--as if you must bow to them and fear their presence.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

how would you avoid looting, robberies, murders and gang activity.

Well in my world I guess parents would do a much better job of raising their kids and those types of risks wouldn't even be taken to begin with.

I self police myself and don't commit heinous crimes. I imagine other people could do the same if they worked at it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You have to start somewhere... the general believe is that all cops are rotten.. how do you get there with "better cops "

Better training programs to start. Why do our teachers need continuing ed but people with bullets don't? They need a complete overhaul.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Annee

Thugs and gangs have that system.

You mean like those countries people are trying to escape from, where "citizens" have taken charge because of an ineffective government?

I wonder when "they're" gonna put a fence around us to keep us in ---- like Escape From New York.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This:

www.npr.org...

Wasn't so bad.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
I bet there are some examples of how soon a town will degrade into a jungle where the fittest will be king. Must have happened to some town somewhere when the police went on strike for a month or so.

Well.... maybe not, because every normal thinking town counsel would understand that this would be asking for some serious trouble and lawsuits brought forward by shop-owners and such.
We live in a world were the necessity of cops is growing instead of diminishing. A reasonable sized town without cops is a place you do not want to live. You do not want to be on the streets when darkness falls in.. and you want to be among people in the daylight. That bad...

Don't ask me why certain people start to behave that way when they know cops are not around.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The police of the future need to be robots.
Taser only with no fear of getting killed.

Everyone will be treated equally despite race or economic status.

Robocops everywhere.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Definition of police is a body of agents who essentially uphold whatever law the state inflicts. Police vary depending on the culture and the violent group in power.

What would the world be like without cops? The same as it is with cops. There would be hired goons that would protect and serve particular groups of people while screwing everyone else over.

Unless there was no state and it became a free market type system. In that case I would either hire a security company or pool together with some other people. If those security people stopped doing their job I would fire them and hire another business.

Until then, I am left victim to whatever state security force I was born into. The one in my current area doesn't like gays and lesbians so I carry a weapon and avoid them at all cost.
edit on 19-8-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

The police of the future need to be robots.
Taser only with no fear of getting killed.

Everyone will be treated equally despite race or economic status.

Robocops everywhere.

Actually sounds good in theory.

But, I've seen Rise of the Machines

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join