It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - National Guard deployed to Ferguson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Michael Brown death: Missouri National Guard headed to Ferguson Gunfire, tear gas and Molotov cocktails Sunday night marked some of the fiercest clashes yet between police and protesters furious about the death of an unarmed teenager

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: angkory13

Hopefully this is not an escalation however i believe it will be.

line two

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They might be getting ready to release some pertinent information. The autopsy report has already been leaked and one wonders if the arrest or proclamation of innocence concerning the officer that shot Brown is not next up and they are making sure that they are extremely well prepared for any and all possible outcomes.

I could be wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The NG should ring the town and stop all outside Agitators.

They should stop, search, and photograph all that are trying to enter and match photos with photos of looters from the days before.
If they get a match the people should be arrested and charged under 18 U.S. Code § 2101 - Riots
www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I don't like where this is heading.

This situation is snowballing into something that nobody wants and both sides need to employ some common sense and just back down from hostilities because rioting is not going to achieve anything, and a heavy handed response from the police (who are starting to resemble the armed forces) won't solve anything either.

Venting anger is one thing, to inflict that anger on innocent people is another. Civilians, businesses, reporters, innocent cops, and innocent civilians have all been caught in the crossfire. When are these people going to realize that their actions are affecting the community surrounding them?

Is there an emoticon for a shaking head? at times like this I wish there was.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

At the 30 sec. mark on the vid you posted...

Captain Johnson of the Hwy Patrol speaks about last night: "The situation first started... to deteriorate, with the shooting of a civilian. We quickly responded with additional officers to get the victim to a safe place. This was followed by additional shots being fired at officers..."

Wow. Just wow. I saw the live feed, where the officers began advancing on the protesters in the street, firing tear gas canisters and rubber bullets. The protesters became very agitated and some began to lob the gas canisters back towards the line of police cars, which were advancing on them. Then the earsplitting sound-wave technology was directed at the crowd. Some time later, reporters on the scene quoted police scanner broadcasts that someone had been shot.

Sooo... it looked to me like 'The situation first started... to deteriorate, with the line of police cars advancing on peaceful protesters, well before the stated curfew, bombarding them with tear gas, rubber bullets and sound-wave technology with no stated provocation whatsoever.'

Just a side note... Captain Johnson appears to me, to be reading a prepared statement that he does not agree with. Just the look on his face and the hesitation in his speech. He does not speak with conviction, IMO.

Thanks for sharing... S&F

edit on 8/18/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closed.

top topics

join