It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So I had to retire early last night and have been away most of the day today. Have all the media pulled out now and is anyone still gonna be covering the protests? Thanks in advance for updates.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Its calming down.. I would guess its because of more info coming out that adds more context.

However, in Salt Lake City UT a Black officer shot an killed an unarmed white person. Absolutely nothing from national media, Sharpton, Jesse Jackson. They are trying to hide / downplay the race of the officer.

Black cop kills white man, media hide race

While national news media continue to focus on race in Ferguson, Missouri, where a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, they apparently don’t think a similar case in Utah with the races reversed is that newsworthy.

Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters.

Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor.

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” Burbank told reporters.

He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.

When officers arrived, they found three men leaving the convenience store, with one, later identified as Taylor, reportedly matching the description of the person reported in a 9-1-1 call.

Witnesses say Taylor was wearing headphones at the time and may have been trying to pull his pants up when he was gunned down.

Click link for remainder of article..

edit on 22-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Globalrevolution is streaming live but the quality is so bad hard to see crowd size, 200 or so I am gonna ballpark. Seems the police are out in damage control mode shaking hands and kissing babies. IamMikeBrown seems to be popping in for 5 seconds and out as usual, a shame cuz he has a really good camera setup with clear pics.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Heres the only one I can find that works:

Rebelutionary_Z

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

If your a fan of the crazy multi talking stream then
www.livestream.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

#Ferguson

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Here come the cops !!

It's an illegal lemonade stand again.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm watching this one tonight. Quite a crowd gathering, and police around coming around.

Ferguson Live By Color Of Change

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

On the contrary, I'd say it's calming down now that half of the groups that descended upon Ferguson have basically been arrested or left for being unwelcome. It's calming down because the National Guard had the common sense to block off the area of the protest so that it would not spread to other portions of the city. It's calming down because those people that were coming down to take advantage of the situation in terms of looting have been arrested. It's calming down because the clergy of Ferguson step forward to provide guidance to the people of Ferguson and other well meaning individuals to make it better.

What's not calming it down? People dredging up anything and everything within the media to try to shape public opinion which is totally irrelevant because the only opinion that matters is going to be that Grand Jury.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Finally, another stream, live, and right with the protesters.

Anonymous In Ferguson, Missouri

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

Well there is something about presentation. It's not in Fox's interest, it would seem, to show that there are people still out there in Ferguson, Mo. Presentation is everything. If they wanted to film protesters still there, they could've chosen this part of the street.
www.youtube.com...

The same thing, again, occurred with Occupy. In Portland, OR, a vigil was created after the eviction and it was maintained until July 2013 when the mayor ordered it taken down. Long story that one but the homeless occupied City Hall til July 2013. Was that ever in the major press? No.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like I said, presentation is everything. Show what happens to peaceful protest because of a few bad eggs. Take away the cameras and do it again. Then show how it was defeated when it had only changed.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatrionaBeldame
Finally, another stream, live, and right with the protesters.

Anonymous In Ferguson, Missouri

Do you have any idea where this is? Certainly not at the local news' location, nor the singing dude on COChange. Weird.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
That stream I just posted about, they are now heading to the police station, something might happen, though I'm hoping not.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Seriously, I went through the "top" streams in my list, nada. Then realize that "Aug 22" in y'alls posts was not "yesterday" but rather "tonight" and it had just changed over from midnight, and then I clicked, and wow. Not over yet! Go, Ferguson!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

They are near the police station. They have stopped to rest, and then will be going there. Police are waiting, and watching. Now they are up, and moving.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatrionaBeldame

They are near the police station. They have stopped to rest, and then will be going there. Police are waiting, and watching. Now they are up, and moving.

Yep. That's what I heard as well. They're chanting "We're young, we're strong...we're marching all night long" and now "Now Justice, No Peace, No Racist Police".

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Heating up now! Cops are pissed, arrests now!

In awe at their dedication!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hello all,

Been out most of the day and just spent last few hours catching up on news and ATS. Have some things I need to prep to post but good to know you guys are here keeping an eye on the action

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't have a very good feeling about this, and there's only one stream up, and getting this as far as I can find. I hope nothing happens. Still heading to the police department.

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join