It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Thanks for sharing that reporter's opinion. In this instance though, I credit the editor for letting someone leave who probably should not have been there in the first place.

This reporter sounds overwhelmed, not emotionally equipped (not everyone is) to cover this broad of a story, and in the end makes it all about themselves instead of Ferguson, by penning this. It does not do justice to the seriousness that is Ferguson. I understand many of the points, but in this instance it seems the press and their freedom to document is vital to truth being told.

Yes, a reporter's job is tough right now, and dangerous, but what is happening on the streets of America in Ferguson, Missouri, needs to be documented. What these cameras and stills have captured, does exactly what the press is chartered to do. They are the watch dogs and this reporting has documented shocking militarization and willingness to tactically deploy on civilians that needed to be seen. They have documented lack of proper procedures, abuses of power, insensitivity, way under trained officers (stop pointing guns at people) and a level of aggression and violent culture within law enforcement - so violent that the ones joining to serve and protect don't stand a chance either.

Can you blame some of these reporters for feeling inadequate and becoming judgmental when you have the awesome Tim Poole type reporters there...covering news in ways older network news services have been slower to learn? People can hardly believe what they have seen happen to peaceful protesters at the hands of geared out army, lacking the discipline. It rocks the core of the kind of country most people thought they lived in.

I'm sorry this reporter is focusing on the minutiae of the reporting environment instead of the broad story here, it is tough in there, but somebody's got to do it. This is reality, and it's raw, and heartbreaking, and so many other emotions at once. Feedom isn't easy to defend or preserve. But it's worth it.

I give thanks to those reporters willing to report from Ferguson with so much on the line there, in spite of the tough and demonstrably dangerous environment. Shine the light.

edit on 21-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"I am Mike" is now up & protesters are starting
to slowly build up.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
"I am Mike" is now up & protesters are starting
to slowly build up.

Cheers
Ektar
Links?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Thanks, sorry about that...
new.livestream.com...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
According to Joe Biggs twitter he is usingthis stream tonight www.livestream.com...
If that was wrong info released then this is the usual infowars stream www.ustream.tv...
And then there is this one thats been up and down www.ustream.tv...
***Add this to the list on the Joe Biggs stream it's got a great pic compared to the prior nights.. new.livestream.com...

edit on 21-8-2014 by jaynkeel because: add link

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Thanks, the 1st & 3rd are both up
& working. Alex not up yet.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In case anyone was curious...all the solidarity "day of rage" protests have pretty much flopped...most did not happen, others only had a few people show up...and I think only couple managed to get over a dozen people, but not much more...barely any media, but police and DHS was noted at being at a few locations

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Tonight the weather might play a factor in a turnout just as last night, only tonight it will be high temps (100)during the daytime. Last night was the heavy rain. Either way hope both sides have a peaceful turnout. Hopefully all the rage cops have been pulled out as well as the rioters. But we all know the saying ' Wish in one hand'.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I guess there's a silver lining to the public's short attention span.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I hope it's a peaceful night. We know how high
temps agitate people.

Did the "DJ" lady do her "prayer circle" last night?
I didn't see her, but it also rained. She's was awesome!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I guess there's a silver lining to the public's short attention span.

What is that? Didnt' catch it...got distracted by my mouse moving around.

To be honest...if it was someone other than Anon organizing, say someone legitimate (insert any commonly respected organization amongst the general public) and marketed as "protest of peace" rather than "day of rage" it would have been a huge success.

Although, given some Anon members have denied organziaing it, and stated it was a trap...I wouldn't doubt it was the government seeing what would happen and who would turn out and spread the word urging a turn out...

Back to Ferguson...yes, I hope tonight is a strong showing and remains peaceful

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

I didn't see her last night but man she got the tempo upbeat for sure. Every once in a while someone extraordinary comes out of the background, and I feel in that community she is one of them.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar

Thanks, the 1st & 3rd are both up
& working. Alex not up yet.

Cheers
Ektar

I added a new link to it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
An answer for everyone still asking where the police incident report is....

Michael Brown Shooting: Why Ferguson Police Never Filed 'Incident Report'

Police in Ferguson, Missouri, did not file an “incident report” on the fatal shooting of 19-year-old Michael Brown because they turned the case over to St. Louis County police almost immediately, the county prosecutor’s office tells NBC News.

Critics and news media outlets have questioned why Ferguson police released an incident report from a robbery in which Brown was a suspect, as well as security video showing the stick-up, but not the report on the shooting of the unarmed 18-year-old a short time later by Officer Darren Wilson.

The reason, according to the office of St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert P. McCulloch, is that it doesn’t exist.

Story by Tom Winter

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hey guys, can't commit to the streams tonight, as tomorrow is another early-school-dropoff for my daughter and I need sleep. (Can't promise I won't stay up all night watching and blogging again, though, lol). Any "day of rage" stories or vids worth noting?

Edit: just saw the original source member's post about the "DOR". Summer is indeed over, I guess. :/
edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Jason Kravarik ‏@jasonkCNN 2h

A line of roses lines the street where Michael Brown was shot. #Ferguson pic.twitter.com/ngLDWhNPvT

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Exactly. Day of Rage? Good grief.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
4 minutes ago occupy Portland...
there are protests all over right now SF sac was
cleveland portland etc #DayOfRage on Rebelution Social thread.

Cheers
Ektar

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join