It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Quick day of rage (DoR) update...can also be seen here

Denver Police Dept. ‏@DenverPolice BREAKING: DPD arrested one adult male during "Day of Rage" march in downtown Denver.

Jesse Hanson ‏@JesseHanson Riot police illegally pulled protestors off the sidewalk and hauled them off #Denver #DayOfRage

Timeline from @JesseHanson...

An ordained nun, kelsang virya, was who a #denver police officer assaulted this evening on a sidewalk, 18th St. Video coming soon.

Replied to 0 times

Denver, CO
Jesse Hanson @JesseHanson · 14m

#DayOfRage #denver is now at the state capital steps

Replied to 0 times

Denver, CO
Jesse Hanson @JesseHanson · 26m

Riot police illegally pulled protestors off the sidewalk and hauled them off #Denver #DayOfRage

Replied to 0 times

Denver, CO
Jesse Hanson @JesseHanson · 46m

pic.twitter.com/h6VC7H1xJK
Embedded image permalink
View more photos and videos

Replied to 0 times

Denver, CO
Jesse Hanson @JesseHanson · 49m

A Denver police officer just slammed this lady to the ground.#Denver #breaking news pic.twitter.com/k6h96HBSaI
Embedded image permalink

Replied to 0 times

Denver, CO
Jesse Hanson @JesseHanson · 56m

Riot police are almost ready to attack I'm #Denver

Replied to 0 times

Denver, CO
Jesse Hanson @JesseHanson · 1h

#denver #DayOfRage pic.twitter.com/Dr7Ne4EImC
Embedded image permalink

Replied to 0 times

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: xuenchen

It's the same kind of thing that was occurring, again, with Occupy where the actions by police basically dictated the protest. It went from a protest about bank bailouts, mortgage fraud, student loan issues and more to being about the right to a 24/7 sustained protest on public property.

Bingo. But nobody cared then because the MSM narrative was about a handful of communists who hated capitalism. When will we learn that if we do not protect everyone's rights then ours will be the next to go when we most need them? I am tired of the divisiveness and the side choosing. Sometimes both sides are wrong and sometimes both sides are right.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Strange "Day of Rage"

Nothing in the MSM ?

Wonder why ?

"Instructions" to stay quiet ?

Are they using the old "Silence is Golden" tactic ?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Strange "Day of Rage"

Nothing in the MSM ?

Wonder why ?

"Instructions" to stay quiet ?

Are they using the old "Silence is Golden" tactic ?

Nope, they didn't even report on the Ferguson protests until there was rioting and violence. Almost no one outside St Louis even knew about the shooting of Brown until the protesters started setting stuff on fire.

No conspiracy except the conspiracy of complicity to injustice if justice makes them no money.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Or more likely, it was a flop. If you don't get enough numbers, you don't get enough 6 degrees of separation to spread any kind of message. The "why" could be a multitude of reasons. I know activists who've participated in plenty of protests, small and large alike, that didn't bother with any DoR participation, because of weather, health, work, and in one case, protest burn-out. Normal day to day ish happens, it's not always a conspiracy. Duh.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Or more likely, it was a flop. If you don't get enough numbers, you don't get enough 6 degrees of separation to spread any kind of message. The "why" could be a multitude of reasons. I know activists who've participated in plenty of protests, small and large alike, that didn't bother with any DoR participation, because of weather, health, work, and in one case, protest burn-out. Normal day to day ish happens, it's not always a conspiracy. Duh.

Well, I am sure the DHS memo played a big part, either by scaring some off or by contacint MSM and telling/asking them not to cover or do so very little...I saw some locatiosn had local media present until it was evident nothing was formulating...couple formulated after they left.

There is one idea that it was all a gov operation/experiment to gauge reaction, turnout, and identify supporters...however, I have noted while this is a possibility....anon is bad at gettting turnouts for protests, but there seems to be confusion amongst anon itself if they organized this or not.

In the end, even if it was the gov...the best way to beat them is to show up in mass and be as peaceful as can be and have a presence.

Has anyone seen any arrests in Ferguso tonight? I only have globalrevolution up (multifeed)...AJ freezes on me.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

Well, I am sure the DHS memo played a big part, either by scaring some off or by contacint MSM and telling/asking them not to cover or do so very little...I saw some locatiosn had local media present until it was evident nothing was formulating...couple formulated after they left.

There is one idea that it was all a gov operation/experiment to gauge reaction, turnout, and identify supporters...however, I have noted while this is a possibility....anon is bad at gettting turnouts for protests, but there seems to be confusion amongst anon itself if they organized this or not.

In the end, even if it was the gov...the best way to beat them is to show up in mass and be as peaceful as can be and have a presence.

Has anyone seen any arrests in Ferguso tonight? I only have globalrevolution up (multifeed)...AJ freezes on me.

Hello Anon, my name is Anon, let's organize something! (Anon has now just organized something). The idea that there's an "Anonymous" that includes or discludes anyone, including you and I, is media and government propaganda to make Anon into an "us and them". "Us" IS "Them" and vice versa. But when it's framed into a neat little "official certified organization" with card-carrying members, it loses its power. The whole point of the mask and being "anonymous" (in the classical definition) is that no one can ever say "Anon organized this" or not. Therefore no one can take away YOUR power by claiming "you're not part of Anon."

You are part of Anon. Hello, Anon, nice to meet you.

The whole "Anon" thing started at 4chan, where everyone posts anonymously by default, and each post is accredited to the username "Anon." That way, when everyone is posting as "Anon" and only identifiable for a few hours via a temp-ID of a really long letter/number string on each post (for thread discussion clarity's sake), anyone could say anything they want, post any image they want, express any idea they want at any time without having to be held to a "reputation" like we have here at ATS (where I'm sure some members give more or less credence to my posts because they have seen my post history). That way, not only can you relatively-safely post anything you want, but you are also free to change your mind later and post opposite opinions without being called a hypocrite or whatnot, without having your words mean less because of someone's preconceived notion of you.

This "DoR" would have gotten better turnout if it had been given more time to go viral and had a better PR campaign; as it is, it's just a call to protest around the country that came too late. Now, if they called for this to be held a month from now on a weekend, and had some "provocateurs" to do nasty stuff in the lead-up to it under the banner of "DoR", then it would be a great turnout. They need time spread a catchy stomach-turning phrase like "No Violence=No Freedom, Know Violence=Know Freedom." That gets the teenagers out there who want to participate in some head-bashing and trashcan-blazing, the media to pay attention, Twitter to start blowing up about it, and then the last step: actually organizing a rally and pulling it off. They skipped all the other steps, which is why today was crickets for the most part. Not many people are willing to be the first guy to stand up and spark that match, because you will be on a DHS red-file list forever because of it. Not too hard to figure out who ten people carrying signs are and flag them, but it's impossible to figure out who anyone is in a sea of angry people.

Lesson learned, Anon. (No, I don't mean you Anon. I mean YOU Anon. "Wait, which Anon are you talking about?" Exactly.
)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

Hello Anon, my name is Anon, let's organize something! (Anon has now just organized something). The idea that there's an "Anonymous" that includes or discludes anyone, including you and I, is media and government propaganda to make Anon into an "us and them". "Us" IS "Them" and vice versa. But when it's framed into a neat little "official certified organization" with card-carrying members, it loses its power. The whole point of the mask and being "anonymous" (in the classical definition) is that no one can ever say "Anon organized this" or not. Therefore no one can take away YOUR power by claiming "you're not part of Anon."

The whole "Anon" thing started at 4chan, where everyone posts anonymously by default, and each post is accredited to the username "Anon." That way, when everyone is posting as "Anon" and only identifiable for a few hours via a temp-ID of a really long letter/number string on each post (for thread discussion clarity's sake), anyone could say anything they want, post any image they want, express any idea they want at any time without having to be held to a "reputation" like we have here at ATS (where I'm sure some members give more or less credence to my posts because they have seen my post history). That way, not only can you relatively-safely post anything you want, but you are also free to change your mind later and post opposite opinions without being called a hypocrite or whatnot, without having your words mean less because of someone's preconceived notion of you.

This "DoR" would have gotten better turnout if it had been given more time to go viral and had a better PR campaign; as it is, it's just a call to protest around the country that came too late. Now, if they called for this to be held a month from now on a weekend, and had some "provocateurs" to do nasty stuff in the lead-up to it under the banner of "DoR", then it would be a great turnout. They need time spread a catchy stomach-turning phrase like "No Violence=No Freedom, Know Violence=Know Freedom." That gets the teenagers out there who want to participate in some head-bashing and trashcan-blazing, the media to pay attention, Twitter to start blowing up about it, and then the last step: actually organizing a rally and pulling it off. They skipped all the other steps, which is why today was crickets for the most part. Not many people are willing to be the first guy to stand up and spark that match, because you will be on a DHS red-file list forever because of it. Not too hard to figure out who ten people carrying signs are and flag them, but it's impossible to figure out who anyone is in a sea of angry people.

Lesson learned, Anon. (No, I don't mean you Anon. I mean YOU Anon. "Wait, which Anon are you talking about?" Exactly.
)

Yeah, I get what Anon is and isn't, who/what they are and are not, and represent, but they still organize through coordinated and cooperative discussion and planning. This is why their hacking campaigns are effective. When it comes to organizing protests though, they seem to fall short, perhaps in part, as you said, it takes time to organize them. Organizing a hacking campaign does take some thought and planning, but people can be quick to the up-take on a computer...it doesn't require marshaling as many resources.

You may have a great point that if they let it go viral, and especially with a more eye catching motto, it may have been a success.

That said, the game changer in a much wider movement will, in no doubt in my mind, result from an incident/protest like that of Ferguson that evolves to represent all of our concerns.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Man I miss Tim! The camera work on "Rebelution" is so so,
"I am Mike" terrible, & Alex is horrific!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm watching these two. They are coming in really well. It's disappointing that the others aren't.

Live Streaming From Fox
Ferguson Live By Color Of Change

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

)

Yeah, I get what Anon is and isn't, who/what they are and are not, and represent, but they still organize through coordinated and cooperative discussion and planning.

I don't quite think you do, by the statement "it's unclear if Anon actually organized this or not." Again, the people who organized this ARE Anon because they identified themselves as "Anon." There can be as many honey-pot "official Anon YouTube and Twitter" accounts as anyone wants, doesn't make any single one of them more or less of a valid "Anon" outlet than any other. At least one person organized this. Therefore, Anon organized this.

This is why their hacking campaigns are effective. When it comes to organizing protests though, they seem to fall short, perhaps in part, as you said, it takes time to organize them. Organizing a hacking campaign does take some thought and planning, but people can be quick to the up-take on a computer...it doesn't require marshaling as many resources.

Don't confuse Anon with sub-groups that hack. Not every Anon is a hacker, but every hacker is Anon. There are self-identified sub-groups of Anon that coordinate hacks, but they choose another title if they want to be identified as a group at all, hence "lulzsec" et al. "Anon" does not organize hacks; Anons organize hacks.

You may have a great point that if they let it go viral, and especially with a more eye catching motto, it may have been a success.

That said, the game changer in a much wider movement will, in no doubt in my mind, result from an incident/protest like that of Ferguson that evolves to represent all of our concerns.

Agreed, 100%.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CatrionaBeldame

Thank you the cameras are much better on both
of those feeds. Those other guys need to learn how
to use their equipment.

"Rebelutionary" now off air.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 2182014 by Ektar because: change needed

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

I understand your points, and agree more or less ... rather understand a little better.

2nd

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A question: Were Officer Wilson's footprints scrubbed from the internet during the five days that authorities refused to name him as the shooter?

I have a copy of the Facebook posts and profile of "Scooby Wxxxxxx" uncovered by anon (I believe) during those five days. Have we confirmed they are one and the same person and if so was there more information by a 28 year old on the internet that disappeared? We know his incident report was blank.

National guard troops will begin withdrawing today, according to reports.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
A question: Were Officer Wilson's footprints scrubbed from the internet during the five days that authorities refused to name him as the shooter?

I have a copy of the Facebook posts and profile of "Scooby Wxxxxxx" uncovered by anon (I believe) during those five days. Have we confirmed they are one and the same person and if so was there more information by a 28 year old on the internet that disappeared? We know his incident report was blank.

National guard troops will begin withdrawing today, according to reports.

Let me guess, sourced via 4chan? Or 9gag? Or some other site where they all post anonymously? (Not that there's anything wrong with Anon posting, but it doesn't make for credible evidence.
)

Could be true, might not be. I've seen some amazing internet-sleuthing at those sites, and some great stuff that ended up being photoshopped.

We will need a source for the material to judge.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

A video uploaded from that. Lots of bad language warning so head's up on that. Definitely not something you want on speaker with kiddos or at work.

Not a whole lot of people from what I can tell but definitely a strong police response. The weapons being carried are not LTL either. Kind of an ugh factor there but this is where I would point out that using "Day of Rage" is a bad idea. Not only is it going to attract those who may actually act on their anger but it is also going to have a much higher chance of producing an escalated police response to it.

Words are everything.
edit on 22/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: corrected the "couple videos" to the single vid

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

If only I were so computer savvy. I've never been to those you mentioned.

No it was one of the Twitter pics I saved that numerous people were tweeting a few days after the shooting. I later saw it retweeted when the the officer was named with comments about how Anon had it right. I posted it here when it first came out saying it was not confirmed.

Someone on CNN asked the question this morning about how does a 28 year old not have a digital footprint and might it have been deleted before he was named.

Dang good question I thought.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Anon - the group that initially posted wrong information about officer Wilson.

uhmn... yeah

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
What did they report that was wrong about wilson?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
Man I miss Tim! The camera work on "Rebelution" is so so,
"I am Mike" terrible, & Alex is horrific!

Cheers
Ektar

Tim posted a picture yesterday saying, "accidentially on CNN"

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join