It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water vs 24 Doctors With The Courage To Tell The Truth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What is Rain Water?, it is Pure Distilled Water.

How is it possible to live off Rain Water, if they have no Minerals?

Many people drink rain water and only rain water.

100% false. Rain water is not 100% pure. In fact it can have extremely harmful chemicals and bacteria/algae.

Why do you keep using the logical fallacy that distilled/pure water causes instant death?
edit on 17-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Dingo80
There are plenty of organic compounds that have nothing to do with life.
There are also plenty of inorganic compounds that have everything to do with life.

An organic compound is one which contains carbon. An inorganic compound does not.
Calcium is an element, not a compound. It cannot be organic, though it can be found in both organic and inorganic compounds.
Sodium is an element we can't live without, it is not organic. Sodium chloride (salt) is not organic.

en.wikipedia.org...

OK, but what I'm saying is minerals/compounds or "Elements" can only be absorbed through Organic Materials.

There's a Big Difference between a Rock and Cows Milk.

edit on Sun31810201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

OK, but what I'm saying is minerals or "Elements" can only be absorbed through Organic Materials.

What you are saying is incorrect.

Eat a spoon of salt, you will absorb it.
edit on 8/17/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What is Rain Water?, it is Pure Distilled Water.

How is it possible to live off Rain Water, if they have no Minerals?

Many people drink rain water and only rain water.

NO it's not. You are showing your extreme ignorance on a variety of subjects and frankly I'm getting a little embarrassed for you.

Rain water picks up all sorts of stuff from the air, it's not pure H20. It's mineral content is lower than "normal" water, but few people are saying distilled water will kill you. It's an overreaction. But you've taken that overreaction and now start making up random stuff about organic calcium and other nonsense.

That made up stuff isn't needed, distilled water won't have any negative side effects for most people, it has nothing to do with magic organic calcium or anything else.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

There are also plenty of inorganic compounds that have everything to do with life.

An organic compound is one which contains carbon. An inorganic compound does not.
Calcium is an element, not a compound. It cannot be organic, though it can be found in both organic and inorganic compounds.
Sodium is an element we can't live without, it is not organic. Sodium chloride (salt) is not organic.

en.wikipedia.org...

OK, but what I'm saying is minerals or "Elements" can only be absorbed through Organic Materials.

Big Difference between a Rock and a Vegetable.

Then why drink distilled water? It's not organic so clearly can't be absorbed or used. See also Phage's reply.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

OK, but what I'm saying is minerals/compounds or "Elements" can only be absorbed through Organic Materials.

There's a Big Difference between a Rock and Cows Milk.

This isn't how science works. You don't just think up random stuff and state it as fact.

Phage's example of salt should really show you the error of your ways, but I bet you'll grip that ignorance until your last breath (or keystroke)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I already proved that wrong. Keep lying.
Calcium, Sodium, and Magnesium. Inorganic, you die without them.

You haven't proved anything wrong, nor have you proven your own stance to be irrefutable - which is made obvious by all the posts directly questioning your statements.

It's like saying if you stop drinking milk you will need to supplement the calcium loss.

Gross. You can keep all the milk to yourself if you want, unless it is made into a delicious cheese...then I would request you share

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Dingo, answer me this. How do people get heavy metal poisoning? For example, mercury poisoning. Mercury is not organic. If you eat mercury, you will get mercury poisoning.

How can you be poisoned with something your body isn't absorbing? You can't. You absorb plenty of inorganic stuff all the time, it's an absolute fact, you are just wrong. Please deal with your issues and stop spreading ignorance.
edit on 17-8-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

I already proved that wrong. Keep lying.
Calcium, Sodium, and Magnesium. Inorganic, you die without them.

You haven't proved anything wrong, nor have you proven your own stance to be irrefutable - which is made obvious by all the posts directly questioning your statements.

It's like saying if you stop drinking milk you will need to supplement the calcium loss.

Gross. You can keep all the milk to yourself if you want, unless it is made into a delicious cheese...then I would request you share

You mean the posts telling me I am wrong because calcium has to be in a magical organic form to be used? Yeah .. thought so. As I said, proved wrong.

I actually drink soy milk, cheese would work too. If you stopped consuming something that had necessary minerals or nutrients you will not be less healthy because you are losing something, it's because you are not taking enough in.

Water is a source of things your body needs. Water may only contain 5% of what you need, but for many people who are at the bottom limit or below it that 5% is meaningful. Over the course of an entire lifetime it will most likely have an effect on you. Nowadays we can supplement it, which is my point, distilled water is not "better", if you want to drink it realize you are losing essentials, and supplement them, or else it very well could lead to a shorter life.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
Dingo, answer me this. How do people get heavy metal poisoning? For example, mercury poisoning. Mercury is not organic. If you eat mercury, you will get mercury poisoning.

How can you be poisoned with something your body isn't absorbing? You can't. You absorb plenty of inorganic stuff all the time, it's an absolute fact, you are just wrong. Please deal with your issues and stop spreading ignorance.

Apparently if you put mercury in water it's not harmful. Fluoride must likewise not effect anyone, your body just gets rid of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is a funny thread with a whole lot of misinformation in it
Especially some of the stuff about fish and aquariums

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
This is a funny thread with a whole lot of misinformation in it
Especially some of the stuff about fish and aquariums

This removes the impurities and any particulate that could be in the water, or neutralizes the pH by eliminating the various ions that could be floating in the water. While this gives you very pure water, this water is potentially dangerous for your aquarium.

www.firsttankguide.net...

Note that pure sources of water must never be used alone in the aquarium. They are too pure, and contain none of the essential minerals that fish need, and also have no buffering capacity to stabilise the pH.

www.thetropicaltank.co.uk...

Yes, all misinformation.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Apparently if you put mercury in water it's not harmful. Fluoride must likewise not effect anyone, your body just gets rid of it.

I wonder what the point of putting it in there is, then?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I wonder what the point of putting it in there is, then?

My point exactly. The OP is suggesting it can't be absorbed by the body. We know for a fact that is false, making the OP's assertions also false.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have been drinking distilled water for about two years now. I rarely get sick and if I do it only lasts a day.

From what I understand about the "early death article" is it's mostly bogus science creating a trillion dollar lie.
If you look at testimonials about distilled water and its effect on the human body you will find that people cure themselves of all sorts of diseases.

This man Andrew Norton Weber talks a lot about the benefits of distilled water and will clarify what I think the OP is trying to get across.

Forgot to add: I die soon I'll let you know...
edit on 18-8-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
MY doctor says he can sell me the brooklyn bridge for a cheap, cheap price and after you buy it, you will be living underneath it. DON'T BUY the snake oils and voo doo spells and sayings because they only SCAMMERS. Tell lies to get you to buy's. Just pay cheap, cheap i give you my special of the day. OK, JOE ? Me tells you de truff, cause your my special friend. OK JOE. OK, lets go out back so i can give you special rip off sale price. My doctor says this stuff is the best water you can buy and makes you healthy. JUST another SCAM of the day.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
I have been drinking distilled water for about two years now. I rarely get sick and if I do it only lasts a day.

From what I understand about the "early death article" is it's mostly bogus science creating a trillion dollar lie.
If you look at testimonials about distilled water and its effect on the human body you will find that people cure themselves of all sorts of diseases.

This man Andrew Norton Weber talks a lot about the benefits of distilled water and will clarify what I think the OP is trying to get across.

Forgot to add: I die soon I'll let you know...

I only drink unfiltered tap water and I have not been sick since 1993. I guess that is the best. Maybe you should read the post and see where everything is addressed and the OP left because he was proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Yeah I was just answering the OP's question.

So is this article complete BS too? I'm not a chemist and I would have no idea where to start (other than other articles written by opposing views)

3.5 How Inorganic Minerals Are Transformed

Even plants, when in their embryonic state, cannot use inorganic minerals in the soil, but instead feed on the organic compounds contained within its seed. Not until its roots and leave? are grown can a plant utilize the inorganic minerals of the soil.

The changing of inorganic matter into organic matter takes place principally in the green leaves of the plant by means of photosynthesis. Only by the presence of chlorophyll is the plant able to utilize the inorganic carbon molecule and convert it with hydrogen and oxygen into the organic combinations of starch and sugar. And, ultimately, the plant combines nitrogen and other mineral elements from the soil into more complex organic combinations. Only the chlorophyll-bearing plants have the ability to assimilate iron, calcium and other minerals from the soil and to use the resulting combinations to construct nucleo-proteins.

Vital changes occur in all minerals as they pass into the structure of plants. These changes cannot be isolated by normal chemical laboratory processes which destroy living plant tissues to analyze them. Such crude methods of studying the role of organic minerals in an organism is somewhat akin to the old medical practice of dissecting cadavers to look for evidence of the human soul.

Read more at www.rawfoodexplained.com...
www.rawfoodexplained.com...

Also If you google distilled water testimonials it sure seems like a lot of people have written how distilled water cured them of diseases for it to be complete BS.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
People are so funny the way they get fixated on things. There is this idea that if you find and remain forever faithful to a particular combination of foods or waters or enemas or kinds of meditation/medication or exercise, then you will have wonderful health and live to a ripe old healthy age where you drop dead peacefully.

However, the fact is a huge percentage of your health and longevity has only to do with your genetics and nothing else. Dying is programmed into our DNA to free up resources for the next generation. You might be able to push that envelope a little, but not much, by eating reasonably healthy, avoiding extremes of anything, exercising enough, getting enough sleep, and having a satisfying social life. But thanks to DNA, you're going to drop dead at pretty much the same age as all the other humans on the planet. And odds are it will be unpleasant.

There's no magic.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

So is this article complete BS too?
No. It's about how plants create larger molecules like carbohydrates. That has nothing to do with trace mineral nutrients.

Also If you google distilled water testimonials it sure seems like a lot of people have written how distilled water cured them of diseases for it to be complete BS.
Why? There are plenty of testimonials that Jesus cured people too.
"I can see! Say Yea!"

edit on 8/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join