It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water vs 24 Doctors With The Courage To Tell The Truth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I posted this video in the last page, I don't think anyone watched it. He talks very clearly about the exact article we are discussing, as well as organic vs inorganic minerals. He also goes on to state why distilled water is good for you and cures diseases by leaching dead inorganic minerals from the body.
edit on 18-8-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

He also goes on to state why distilled water is good for you and cures diseases by leaching inorganic minerals from the body.
Here we go with the "inorganic minerals" nonsense again. There is no such thing.
But it's your kidneys that keep stuff like that under control. By the time that distilled water gets to your kidneys it ain't distilled no more and those "organic minerals" aren't minerals, either.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
this is one of those spectacularly idiotic cases where both sides of an " argument " are so wrong it hurts :

distilled water will not kill you - there are more minerals in 100g of a typical food than 10 litres of water

rain water is not pure - google " acid rain "

disilled water conveys no health benefits as drinking water

" organic vs inorganic " minerals is the silliest claim to arise from this thread

Well the OP was lying about what Mercola said. No one is saying distilled water kills you, the OP kept saying that's the argument, it's not.

It's that distilled water is not healthy, and can be potentially harmful. This is what Mercola says.

Fasting using distilled water can be dangerous because of the rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure.

True. Water is a source of some minerals that someone fasting would have access to.

There are other assertions Mercola makes I disagree with. Never does he say distilled water simply kills people.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

I posted this video in the last page, I don't think anyone watched it. He talks very clearly about the exact article we are discussing, as well as organic vs inorganic minerals. He also goes on to state why distilled water is good for you and cures diseases by leaching dead inorganic minerals from the body.

As we have already said, it's a lie. I can't think of any reason for someone to drink distilled water unless they are immuno-compromised maybe.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

Of critical importance in this organic versus inorganic debate is to understand what organic means in this context. When addressing organic as a mineral description, it means that the element in question is bonded to a carbon atom, which is another inorganic element. Because all living creatures are carbon based, being bonded to a carbon atom theoretically makes any element more bioavailable and usable by a living organism. Without any research to prove this however, it remains conjecture.

Source

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

From that source ....

Realistically, it makes no difference where you get your minerals.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

From that source ....

Realistically, it makes no difference where you get your minerals.

Cool.

But my argument isn't 'water doesn't give us minerals'. My position is that water provides such a low amount of these minerals that drinking distilled water would not lead to a deficiency. Your addition of people who already have bad diets developing a deficiency might add some substance to the claim, but I just don't see it happening simply by switching from say spring water to distilled water. Maybe in an extreme case, with an extremely bad diet where the minute amount of mineral content in the water was somehow maintaining the individual at the threshold of a deficiency. Maybe. Just doesn't seem likely in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I think for most people there won't be much change. At least in the US. Malnourished pregnant women would probably be at the highest risk.

My point has never been that distilled water is evil and will instantly kill people. It was more that the OP and his sources were simply lying. It can be harmful in some situations, but like I always said you can negate that with supplementing your diet, at least in the US you can.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I think for most people there won't be much change. At least in the US. Malnourished pregnant women would probably be at the highest risk.

My point has never been that distilled water is evil and will instantly kill people. It was more that the OP and his sources were simply lying. It can be harmful in some situations, but like I always said you can negate that with supplementing your diet, at least in the US you can.

I definitely got sidetracked and I think I misunderstood quite a few of the posters in this thread. I blame all the live feeds from the Ferguson debacle.
Star for keeping it clean and civilized.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

I definitely got sidetracked and I think I misunderstood quite a few of the posters in this thread. I blame all the live feeds from the Ferguson debacle.
Star for keeping it clean and civilized.

No problem, civil discourse is always the best. Unless I am on my MMA forum, it's much more difficult to do there.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just as a point of interest, during the 1930's and 40's, soldiers, airmen and sailors in hot climates were given a salt tablet every day, there must be a reason for that, whether its done to-day, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Most likely to combat salt loss due to sweat.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There is zero evidence that drinking distilled water causes disease. If someone can show me some I would be very grateful because my literature searches have turned up empty for the most part.

Theoretically it could leach minerals from your body because it has a slight acidic pH. Your body must produce minerals to buffer it, or so the theory goes (not the theory that your body produces minerals to buffer acidosis, that is correct, but that distilled water leaches minerals from your body). When you drink the water where does it go? it goes into your stomach, where it encounters a pH of 2…

Its not that the water is this magnet that stays pure water (plus leached minerals) as it goes through the body, that does not occur. That may happen in another environment but not in our digestive system which is mixing things immediately.

With that said, I've just switched to drinking spring water from Distilled my entire life. I am trying to get minerals in my body any way possible, and found out that the spring water I get is from a very good source.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: zardust
There is zero evidence that drinking distilled water causes disease. If someone can show me some I would be very grateful because my literature searches have turned up empty for the most part.

Well that is good news because literally no one in this entire thread has said it does.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Wasn't the OP Distilled water causes early death? I'd classify that as disease. Or maybe I'm not reading you right?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Lie. Distilled water will kill fish and other water based life-forms.

Lie. These are minerals in water, calcium, magnesium and potassium, sound like anything you might want? .

I started reading it, the very first Dr. flat out lied, I already posted my comment. 100% flat out lie.

100% complete lie.

Our body does use them, stop lying. On one hand you say the body does not use them, then you say you can get them from food and we need them.

Which is it? Hard to keep lies straight.

Distilled water is THE water which runs through ALL water-based life forms.

That is a lie. It's not even partly true, it's a complete falsehood in every way.

Do you consider calcium in milk to be inorganic and unable to be absorbed?

It's a LIE. Stop LYING. If you need to LIE to support your position it is probably wrong.

My opinion is that they aren't stripped out of your body, because they can be used. Only Inorganic Minerals with no useful purpose are taken out by Distilled Water.

I already proved that wrong. Keep lying.

Completely false. That is a 100% lie.
Simply put they are lying.

My point has never been that distilled water is evil and will instantly kill people. It was more that the OP and his sources were simply lying.Well the OP was lying about what Mercola said. No one is saying distilled water kills you

WOW. Good argument. LIE LAIR LYING!!!!

I have my sources, you have yours. Cut the BS, just because you don't agree it has to be a LIE?

Wow - I should wash my mouth out with soap.

edit on Mon0287201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

Are you a fish or other water-based life? What exactly is the relevance of this statement?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Are you a fish or other water-based life? What exactly is the relevance of this statement?

Yes I am Water-Based Life. I am made up of at least 65% Water.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

All life is "water-based". That doesn't mean that fish biology applies to all life.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

What has this or your first comment have to do with a certain thread titled "Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water vs 24 Doctors With The Courage To Tell The Truth"

Fish Biology?

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join