It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water vs 24 Doctors With The Courage To Tell The Truth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Sorry maybe I should have asked if this part of the article was BS.

Most knowledgeable people today recognize that the body must have certain minerals to accomplish its work and preserve its health. However, only a few realize that these minerals must be in their organic state to do us any good at all.

Please understand these facts:

Minerals are inorganic as they exist naturally in the soil and water.
Minerals are organic as they exist in plants and animals.
Only plants can transform inorganic minerals into organic minerals.
Animals must eat plants or plant-eating animals to obtain their organic minerals.
Inorganic minerals are useless and injurious to the animal organism.
www.rawfoodexplained.com...

Good point about the testimonials, but if you follow the money in both those cases it leads to big pharma and corporate religion. Both of which use humans as a resource.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I only skimmed it, but it appears to be sound. It has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand though.

As far as testimonials go, people are superstitious, they think wearing an unwashed shirt will somehow make a quarterback throw better.

Athletes think touching certain corners of the field in a certain order will make their pitches faster.

If 10,000 people drink distilled water and 1,000 remain healthy, those 1,000 may well attribute their health to distilled water, which is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. That's why science is not done by testimonials, because anyone can get them for anything.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

Most knowledgeable people today recognize that the body must have certain minerals to accomplish its work and preserve its health. However, only a few realize that these minerals must be in their organic state to do us any good at all.

Animals must eat plants or plant-eating animals to obtain their organic minerals.

Good point about the testimonials, but if you follow the money in both those cases it leads to big pharma and corporate religion. Both of which use humans as a resource.

Completely false. That is a 100% lie. Salt is a mineral. Do you think nothing happens when you eat a full cup of salt? (Stealing Phage's response).

Simply put they are lying.

ETA: More proof they are lying. Animals eat DIRT for the minerals in it to supplement their diet.

A common explanation for why animals and people eat dirt is that soil contains minerals, such as calcium, sodium and iron, which support energy production and other vital biological processes. The fact that an animal’s need for these minerals changes with the seasons, with age and with overall health may explain why geophagia is especially common when an animal’s diet does not provide enough minerals or when the challenges of the environment demand extra energy.

www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 18-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Completely false. That is a 100% lie. Salt is a mineral. Do you think nothing happens when you eat a full cup of salt? (Stealing Phage's response).

Simply put they are lying.

ETA: More proof they are lying. Animals eat DIRT for the minerals in it to supplement their diet.

A common explanation for why animals and people eat dirt is that soil contains minerals, such as calcium, sodium and iron, which support energy production and other vital biological processes. The fact that an animal’s need for these minerals changes with the seasons, with age and with overall health may explain why geophagia is especially common when an animal’s diet does not provide enough minerals or when the challenges of the environment demand extra energy.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Check this out

The things that nutritionists call minerals are not actual minerals, but so-called dietary minerals. We traditionally call them minerals because these substances are neither animal nor vegetable—that is, they are inorganic and part of the "mineral kingdom." But we get our dietary minerals by eating animals and vegetables, not actual minerals.

Could Real Minerals Supply Dietary Minerals?

There is one true mineral that we eat: salt, the mineral halite, is a compound of two major nutrients, sodium and chlorine. But in all the other cases, we can't get our minerals from real minerals. Think how convenient it would be to get our minerals by eating rocks! However, these "mineral minerals" would have to be softer than our teeth, which are Mohs hardness 5:

Just some interesting information I came across while researching the topic. Definitely an interesting subject!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Sorry I think i jumped to conclusions. I'm generally really interested in this, not trying to argue.

It is my understanding that distilled water is negatively charged while the inorganic minerals are positively charged, which causes the flushing of inorganic unneeded material and leaving the organic negatively charged minerals in the body.

So by drinking distilled water your body leaves the organic minerals and flushes the harmful inorganic minerals?

or is that another lie?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

However, these "mineral minerals" would have to be softer than our teeth, which are Mohs hardness 5:
More nonsense. Which minerals are they talking about?
You think the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs doesn't dissociate stuff? It's called "digestion." There' s more to it than teeth.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yes, we can't chew rocks. When you drink water the minerals are dissolved inside it. They are not saying fluids are not a source of minerals, they are saying we can't go grab a rock and digest it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

However, these "mineral minerals" would have to be softer than our teeth, which are Mohs hardness 5:
You think the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs doesn't dissociate stuff? It's called "digestion." There' s more to it than teeth.

I believe they are saying if you are low on copper you can't eat a copper sword. You get your copper from things you eat not solid chunks.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

There was more to that statement, and if you visit the link it lists minerals and where we could get them if we could get them directly from biting/eating rocks

Think how convenient it would be to get our minerals by eating rocks! However, these "mineral minerals" would have to be softer than our teeth, which are Mohs hardness 5:
Boron would come from a nibble of ulexite, if we really needed any.
Calcium would come from calcite or gypsum.
Chromium would come from a smidgen of fuchsite or mariposite.
Cobalt is an impurity in several different sulfide minerals, although you'd have to watch for arsenic too.
Copper would come from chrysocolla or malachite, although we could probably gnaw on native copper if we had to.
Fluorine would come from fluorite, just a little bit because it would be easy to overdose.
Iodine is too rare in minerals to use this way; better to stick to seaweed if you need any at all.
Iron would come from limonite, although siderite would be a lot more appetizing. (Hematite would be too hard.)
Magnesium would come from dolomite, with the benefit of supplying calcium too.
Manganese would come from rhodochrosite, of course.
Molybdenum would come from a tiny flake of molybdenite.
Nickel is everywhere that iron is, so that wouldn't be a problem.
Phosphorus would come from variscite. Apatite would be simpler, but apatite is what composes our teeth so they would probably wear out quickly.
Potassium would come from sylvite (though that's quite bitter). Potassium feldspar is millions of times more common, but it's hardness 6.
Selenium is like iodine, almost never found in mineral form. For that we'd have to have it as an impurity in a sulfide source, or just continue relying on food.
Strontium would come from celestine, if we needed any beyond what's present as an impurity in other minerals.
Sulfur would be easiest to get from gypsum, but native sulfur is certainly possible too.
Zinc would come from sphalerite or smithsonite.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha
Minerals are not charged. When they are dissolved in water, into their constituents, they become ionized (charged) depending on the element, some are negative and some are positive. Salt becomes positive sodium ions and negative chloride ions.

Basic chemistry. Really basic.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
More from the same source:

Dietary Minerals Are Ions

In every case, our bodies use the dietary minerals not as pure elements, but as ions, or atoms with charge. Charge—an excess or deficiency of valence electrons—is what makes chemistry of all kinds work. Because life operates in water, everything dissolved in it turns to ions. Think of the water environment as a giant dance floor, and the "minerals" that dissolve in it as dancers who are locked off of it until they move to the beat.

The calcium sheds its two loosest electrons to become the positive ion Ca2+. Chlorine grabs an extra one to become the chloride ion Cl-1. And so on. Some elements are so highly charged, like phosphorus, that their most stable configuration in water is as the big phosphate ion PO43-. (Chemistry Guide Anne Helmenstine has a handy list of such polyatomic ions.)

In any case, the dietary minerals are of no use to life until they're dancing around in ionic form, ready to partner up with ions of opposite charge. This is why geologists can't picture dietary minerals as real minerals. Real minerals are solids with precise chemical recipes and crystalline arrangements. Dietary minerals are just inorganic ions doing a chemical boogie. And most real minerals don't dissolve in water very well. Over billions of years, life on Earth has evolved enzymes that can crack open mineral molecules to release the right ions—and they're working in your body right now. The study of how life and minerals interact is biogeochemistry, one of Earth science's most exciting fields today.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

There was more to that statement,

Still nonsense. The notion that "organic" minerals are something special is dumb.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Sorry I think i jumped to conclusions. I'm generally really interested in this, not trying to argue.

It is my understanding that distilled water is negatively charged while the inorganic minerals are positively charged, which causes the flushing of inorganic unneeded material and leaving the organic negatively charged minerals in the body.

So by drinking distilled water your body leaves the organic minerals and flushes the harmful inorganic minerals?

or is that another lie?

What harmful minerals? What study shows this happens? The pure water crowd claims this does not happen. So I don't know who is saying this is a benefit, because those pushing distilled water claim it doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I believe they are saying if you are low on copper you can't eat a copper sword.

Except that people and animals with mineral deficiencies are known to chew on things that contain those minerals.
Yes, you can get copper by chewing on a sword.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Still nonsense. The notion that "organic" minerals are something special is dumb.

My argument in this thread wasn't related to organic vs inorganic, rather the idea that drinking distilled water somehow would lead to some sort of mineral deficiency.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
this is one of those spectacularly idiotic cases where both sides of an " argument " are so wrong it hurts :

distilled water will not kill you - there are more minerals in 100g of a typical food than 10 litres of water

rain water is not pure - google " acid rain "

disilled water conveys no health benefits as drinking water

" organic vs inorganic " minerals is the silliest claim to arise from this thread

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Then you got sidetracked. Understandable.
I agree that, with anything approaching a reasonable diet, there is no harm in drinking distilled water. No particular help, but certainly no harm.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
I have been drinking a Purified Water that you can get at any Larger Supermarket/Grocery Store - Pureau Pure water

"Pureau is the only water that is 100% guaranteed to be completely free of chlorine, bacteria, fluoride, sodium and other impurities that are so prevalent in both tap and bottled water."

That water is the best! It's soo morish!

I'll probably buy one or two 10 litre containers a year. and they'll be gone within a week.

Really nice water. No impurities.
Doesn't mean we don't get impurities elsewhere. Still drink cold filtered tap water at work,and boiled water as well for cups of tea..

It's good to mix it up.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

My argument in this thread wasn't related to organic vs inorganic, rather the idea that drinking distilled water somehow would lead to some sort of mineral deficiency.

It can. It can be offset by supplementing your diet. Someone with a poor diet who then starts drinking distilled water is increasing their deficiency. Many people suffer from poor diets.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Then you got sidetracked. Understandable.

It happens.

Speaking of sidetracked, I'm sure I can't be the only one that reads your posts in the voice of John Lithgow...in my case, the voice I hear is specific to his 'Third Rock from the Sun' character...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join