It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sadly that does sound like a meteor. You said the object was green with a small yellow tail. Green lady is dull yellow at front then immediately turns into a rich deep green laser like trail or streak behind it. Not a short tail, but a long one that lingers behind it for a few seconds. I'd say the green color is like a nyquil green or kinda like the green color of a micky's (beer) bottle.

The post above where the pilot is talking to the radar traffic controller sounds a lot like what people have described of the green lady. Notice radar never seemed to pick it up.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Sounds a lot like other descriptions on here, escpecially intrigued by the fact that it flew pretty close by them and they couldn't be sure if i was a plane or not!!

The only thing is, do we think the green lady has been flying for 20 years?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

I would argue that the green lady is not the first of her kind only the latest and best and that she had predecessors.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Couple of videos of past "odd" green fireballs that caught my eye while looking around on youtube:

England and Wales May 8, 2013

Prince Edward Island Friday January 31, 2014

Montreal, October 4, 2014

Benwood, Chicago, November 3, 2014

And the last 3 locations placed on a map:

Things that make you go "mmmh".

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wonder if after a spate of sightings of the green lady they have changed the fuel mixture or something to shorten the length of the green streak to make it less noticeable. Or maybe they have a function where they add just a bit of the go fast juice to the engine while it's operating at hypersonic speeds like a "relatively" low power after burn for even greater speed. I say low power as opposed to the full monty (the long green streak) I believe it does to push it's self through a certain envelope to go hypersonic.

I radically speculate it does this: Takes off like normal. flys as fast as it can. Gets up to a certain speed. hit's the go fast juice button set to "full monty" and does the green streak thing. that shoves it up to a certain speed and another system in the hybrid engine engages. shuts off the green juice n cruises hypersonically. While hypersonic can use in moderation the green juice in low mixture ratios like an afterburner or fuel additive to go even faster if it needs to for a while. (the shorter tailed version of the green streak) OR can set green juice dial back to "full monty" while hypersonic and dash up to ridiculous speeds for a short stint.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Just a quick question. Is it the general consensus that the fuel burns green ? Or could the green glow be something else and not the fuel. Just asking

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Another HUMMMM . if it did indeed go across Michigan from the east would be the restricted space above Lake Huron, Then on over the former Worksmith AFB , then across Camp Grayling a Nat Guard Base. The the whole trip is rather sparsely populated. Probably doesn't mean anything just an observation

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I also wondered if possibly it would take an unpowered or low-powered semi-ballistic trajectory over high-sensitivity areas with modern air defense, to lower optical/IR signature? Open up a can of Popeye's spinach juice on the upside.

Presumably, if it is reconaissance and not strike it would have to travel in daytime over target and detection would only be possible with instruments and not by eye.

Regarding the green streaks---if it fluctuates significantly in brightness at random I'd guess that's a meteor.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Thanks BASSPLYR. Figured that was the case but thought it might be worth asking. Ah, well, at least I saw a cool meteorite if nothing else. Eventually maybe I'll get lucky.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Its a general suspicion that they can mix an additive into the fuel, at wil, that burns green and gives the green lady great speed. Boron mixtures of some kind is the generally agreed upon most likely suspect. But since I don't work directly on the project there is no real way to confirm that except through sources I respect.

But the green machine has more stunning tricks up her sleeve other than her propulsion. She's got all sorts of skills besides hauling ass with class.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Totally agree with the first paragraph. Totally a possibility. I firmly believe she can open a can of popeyes finest go fast juice at will.

I also presume she has a recon mission. But I also suspect the airframe can double as a prompt global strike asset. The govt was looking at using things like the sr-71 (b71) and the xb70 valkire as a high speed interceptors and bombers and lockheed claimed that they had no problem deploying ordinance while at speed. But the govt went the other way and wanted the 71 it as a recon aircraft and the 70 met a sad fate or did it?

The time I saw the green streak it was solid. Kinda reminded me of a laser or like lukes lightsaber. But deep greenish.

Maybe we should call the green machine the skywalker? ... ???? ... no? .... ok. (Pouts)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It's just a Jedi mind trick. That is not the aircraft you are looking for.....

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Unsure if there are any similarities? but it seems the Russians have developed a new fuel as well?

Russia has created a powerful recipe for fuel that will allow missiles to fly faster than five times the speed of sound, a development that if utilized effectively would make Russia a major player in a growing hypersonic arms race, a deputy defense minister said.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: solidshot
Unsure if there are any similarities? but it seems the Russians have developed a new fuel as well?

Russia has created a powerful recipe for fuel that will allow missiles to fly faster than five times the speed of sound, a development that if utilized effectively would make Russia a major player in a growing hypersonic arms race, a deputy defense minister said.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

Sorry but the S-500 could already do that without the new fuel.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

They're talking about cruise missiles and antiship missiles.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They're talking about cruise missiles and antiship missiles.

Ah well they already have a AS missile that can go about as fast if i recall correct? moskit goes round mach 5 right?

Now I know they dont have any cruise missiles that fast though(yet)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Not reliably. Right now most supersonic AShM variants top out in the mid 2 mach range. Moskit has had a lot of problems over the years.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Not reliably. Right now most supersonic AShM variants top out in the mid 2 mach range. Moskit has had a lot of problems over the years.

Wasnt one of moskits issues losing lock and or just outright shutting off and splashing down?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Bedlam and mbkennel and other posters who seem to be up on their partical physics, i have a question that does not really pertain to the green lady per se, but does to something else mentioned in this thread I believe.

In the thread on on lockheeds fusion announcement, proton boron fusion was mentioned, and i wasnt up to speed on the p-b11 designation, so member psynic clued me in. In reading up on the different anuetronic fusion reactions, i found that the output of some of the reactions is mostly high energy particles, xrays and gamma, the visible spectrum on up.
And in this thread i believe i mentioned an "event" that has been witnessed at dugway pvg, the event was akin to a column of light, that seemed to cut through the cloud cover. This even also seems to have given off xrays and gamma radiation.
Could it have been a fusion drive based on a anuetronic fusion reaction.
If they have been able to attain ignition in a polywell type reactor, and you have partial containment, could that not be thought of a rocket motor, you have a high energy gas(plasma) that is being ejected from chamber, for every force there is an equal and opposite force. a rocket motor.

So am i in the realm of possiblity?
edit on 18-2-2015 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2015 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Theoretically, yes, but I'd put "open containment fusion propulsion" in the same category as the nuclear salt-water rocket or nuclear gas-core propulsion. A phenomenal concept in terms of the potential "oomph" it would give you, but plagued by so many technological hurdles that by the time you'd solved them all and made it work you'd be getting lapped by folks in their antimatter-powered alcubierre drive craft.

Or to put it this way, an open-containment fusion reactor like the one you describe would be akin to expecting an internal combustion engine to work without the cylinder head!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join