It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Journalists on Twitter who appear to be still down there:

Alex Altman, Time: twitter.com...

Wesley Lowery, Washington Post: twitter.com...

Ryan Reilly, Huffington Post: twitter.com...

Yamiche Alcindor, USA Today: twitter.com...

Fireworks were going off while I was doing this and it spooked me so much, I managed to delete my first attempt at this list, lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Both streams just dropped for me. anyone else?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

refresh working for me

Amy K. Nelson ‏@AmyKNelson now
Two officers just confirmed one gunshot victim. Don't know condition.
#Ferguson

edit on 17-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

agreed, it`s peeing contest now both sides trying to make the other blink first.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I guess there is at least 10,000 people here

10,000 is a LOT of people...what picture/video are you looking at to estimate that.

Here is a picture of a crowd around 10,000 people...I haven't seen and don't see on any feeds a crowd this size.

d6673sr63mbv7.cloudfront.net...

There are a lot of people out there tonight...but I don't think it is anywhere near 10,000 people.
edit on 17-8-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Judging from the video feed, there are enough of them where if the authorities decide to disperse them tonight, they are going to have a very rough time doing so. If they all stay til Midnight. Guess we'll see.

I hope they let them do their thing, as long as there is no looting or such.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The feeds are not at the QT they are following marches, there are a huge amount of people here compared to the other protests

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
lady balls ‏@goodballs now
9:06 and tear gas was just shot so we can't cross the intersection.
#Ferguson pic.twitter.com/G9bpo2OivR

Anonymous Operations ‏@YourAnonGlobal now
Crowd marched to the mall on Florissant police used tear gas to disperse it
#Ferguson pic.twitter.com/HkW2dzEwsL

edit on 17-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The feeds are not at the QT they are following marches, there are a huge amount of people here compared to the other protests

I don't doubt there are a huge amount of people there...but 10k is a LOT of people.

Are you there? Can you take a pic and upload it?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Police: 1 person injured after shooting in Ferguson, Mo., during protests; injuries reportedly minor - @stlcountypd

It's going to get ugly.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This was a ustream that Wrabbit found and I'm not sure if it's Ferguson as it seems to be off the main drag where the I am Mike Brown feed is. Some loud pops, LRAD, and there was definitely a lot of police. He's walking from the area now so I don't know what that was.

He was near the QT, he confirmed it. He got hit by tear gas.

www.ustream.tv...
edit on 17/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added confirmation in the location.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
At times it is a serious test of patience when it comes to the car horns. Mute button has become my friend. I could only imagine live how loud and unnerving it could be.

It really is a damned shame that those horns are ruining your entertainment, maybe you should consider filing a formal noise complaint with the local authorities?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: jaynkeel
At times it is a serious test of patience when it comes to the car horns. Mute button has become my friend. I could only imagine live how loud and unnerving it could be.

It really is a damned shame that those horns are ruining your entertainment, maybe you should consider filing a formal noise complaint with the local authorities?

Quit being an ass. Really it's the one sound that gets under my skin no matter what the situation. I can take screaming kids, loud music, even if I don't like it but horns... nope.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Watching the I Am Mike Brown feed...this is stupid.

This is no longer a protest...it is something for young kids to do because they are bored. It is more of a party atmosphere than what should be a solemn protest about a kid who has been killed.

The protests during the days that I have seen have purpose and are about Brown...what is happening now is just an excuse for kids to rebel and party. People dancing in the street, music bumping all over the place...do you really think most of these kids are out there because they care about what happened, or are they there just to have a good time and be part of it?
edit on 17-8-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Twitter reports that police are shooting rubber bullets and tear gas without warning!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
OK so i have been watching this quite a bit, but only watching not really reading how why etc.. merely a spectator.

www.livestream.com...

new.livestream.com...

www.ustream.tv...

just wow! anyway, on the ustream.tv live scanner they've got CALL OF DUTY ads playing, whats that all about. with a situation like this there's no need. surely its volatile enough without advertising like that!!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Reports of police gassing the crowd, babies in the crowd

twitter is blowing up with in coming in too fast

The live feeds i have up are moving towards the QT

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Twitter reports that police are shooting rubber bullets and tear gas without warning!

That's where the Ustream Liberty News Media was at. Heard a series of loud pops, some sounded sharper. Lots of tear gas. He ended up walking from there to rinse his eyes and while it was muted for him to do that, he had a police officer walk up to him. He got the heck out dodge. The area was by the QT where the I am Mike Brown group is trying to go.

Chaos on those streets. Or the world's largest street party.
edit on 17/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added last sentence.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Why in the hell would you have babies out in that environment? Are people just that incredibly stupid?

You are willing to risk your babies life to make a statement? Moronic.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Very well could be close to that amount of people.

People are traveling on top of cars and standing on buildings.

Quite a few children in the mix that need to get inside. No place for small children.

Live feed posted before but here's the link in case anyone missed it.

live feed

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join