It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency Declared in Ferguson - Curfew from 12 am to 5am - Now National Guard

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It seems the cops here, under the specific commanders handling this, have deemed there will BE no protest in their city which they don't personally find acceptable. Whatever means necessary to enforce that.

I can only thank fate and the whims of it that they had nothing like this online in late 2011. Far more people would have gotten badly hurt if they'd done this, then.

I very likely would have been one of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Tear gas fired into the crowd. While on their knees yelling. Hands up don't shoot! Then hit with rubber bullets! Bean bags!

So they have NO right to protest it seems. Hello police state! Good bye Freedom.(It has been gone for some time now. But its is almost to late. By the time we realize what is going on... To late...)

edit on 22814354985 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejaybird

Would you drive down the street with your babies or young children on the hood & roof of your car too??? I'd call that IRRESPONSIBLE & risking your child's life.....common sense...protest away, do it safely & out of the middle of the street WITH YOUR KIDS....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
How long before the LRAD inflicts permanent damage? Feel sorry for people and animals in their homes nearby who can't get away from it. It's been going non-stop. That is just plain vicious and inhuman.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: kruphix

The police were responding to looter at a local mall, then after they attacked the protests.

Its just crazy to think you can express your right to speech, assembly with your kids. Guess its too much to think your kids would be safe around the police but obviously not.

this is the worst so far the crowd was huge and peaceful.

I'm sorry, I don't support the protestors here...not this crowd. This is a party to them...not a serious protest.

If any idiot takes their kid into a dangerous situation like that, they should have their kids taken away from them.

This isn't about free speech anymore, this is about kids wanting to be rebels and party in the streets. In the past week, there has been looting, burning buildings, destroying buildings, throwing bottles, throwing Molotov's, starting fires, shots fired, people shot....and you are just still going with "they are peacefully protesting"....REALLY?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What in the world has happened? I just got back from some household duties in time to see the police firing tear gas and using the wonky noise. I have two live feeds and nobody seems to be commenting. What started them firing?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yet again no coverage of feeds from the Quiktrip that's who the police are pounding now.

It was a peaceful protest then with no warning the police opened up of these Families

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I don't care who you support, I support even idiots to have the right to free speech!
edit on 17-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yet again no coverage of feeds from the Quiktrip that's who the police are pounding now.

It was a peaceful protest then with no warning the police opened up of these Families

This is confirmed all over Twitter and other sources. I can confirm that under my twitter feed.. On the bottom of my sig.
This is an outrage. But not everyone is going to see it this way.
They will only hear what they are told on MSM.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No need to apologize.

This is starting to look like some of the photo's I've seen from the M.E.

Terrible situation that is only getting worse.

Police move in on crowds amid reports of protesters throwing rocks, Molotov cocktails at police - @BrittanyNoble

edit on 17-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'll ask again...how do you know this...are you there? Because you are talking like you are right there seeing everything first hand and you know exactly what is happening.

If you aren't there, would you mind sharing with the rest of us how you know all this information?

link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: Thejaybird

Would you drive down the street with your babies or young children on the hood & roof of your car too??? I'd call that IRRESPONSIBLE & risking your child's life.....common sense...protest away, do it safely & out of the middle of the street WITH YOUR KIDS....

Would you fire tear gas at those kids? Or just arrest the parents? See...this is fascist overkill...and coming to a neighborhood near you sooner than later imho.

link   
What was that Capt Johnson and Governor Nixon said today ?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Im watching 4 feeds plus a police scanner plus twitter and vine

You???????????????????????

edit on 17-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

That makes no sense. Protest on the sidewalk only? That may work for teachers who are convinced they are underpaid but this is a lot different.

Also I see some people who question the motives of the people at the protest. Whatever it may be, whether they are just there to party or rebel just "cause" we don't know that. Its a bad assumption I think. I would like to think they're all their for a good reason, even if only the most vocal ones really know whats up, at least the numbers behind them make them feel better about things im sure.

Someone said "why would you bring guns to a peaceful protest?" talking about the protesters allegedly firing shots. Well ask the police the same thing. If you were going somewhere and you knew there was going to be hundreds of people with guns who didn't like you, would you go unarmed??

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just came across CNN, protestors throwing Molotov cocktails. It's also being said, according to live feed, the Pizza Hut is now being looted....geez....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
(Raises Paw)

I have a suggestion?

Over the next day or two, at least a few people in the overall ATS community with the speed, data allowance and storage to do it should make a point of downloading for offline copy, every bit of long running and unedited video (like we're watching right now) which is out there to be had.

Eventually, most of this will disappear by sites going down, video being taken down in legal fighting or orders, and people just not 'into' keeping it up eventually.

I really believe we're watching an event that will go down with equal or higher profile to anything else which America has seen in civil unrest, within living memory. I for one don't want to be at the mercy of faulty memory and the "guardians" in the media with their vast (edited for format of course) archives, to know what happened and replay accurately.

BTW.. No need to announce if someone is or can. It's not about making a club or anything. Just something thrown out there for those with the ability to do it.

I just have a feeling keeping a record of this will matter more than past things may have.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Parents are responsible for their own children. Not like dangerous crap hasn't happened all week. They should know better not to bring babies.

link   
Two reporters have been arrested.

link   
2 reporters arrested according to CNN

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join