It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
Just wondering why whenever I see people valiantly defending some 'poor victim' they usually seem to be a POS that makes a career of making other people's lives a misery in their neighborhood.

That's because they are looking for any way to keep this story going and going. More publicity with the chance to get easy money. There are some good people but it is so sad at how many are just terrible and want the publicity for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If you are a cop;

what is the urgency to apprehend a suspect?

There was a 18 year-old here last week walking across the bridge, he had no escape route. But he did have a warrant, and the cop who recognized him stopped on the bridge where it is posted along the span (no stopping, standing, or parking); for obvious reasons.

Ofcourse the kid panicked, as expected, but what wasn't expected was the panicking kid throws himself off the bridge to his death...they're calling it a suicide. The kid was not apprehended, he was placed into a bodybag.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Of course, but even just releasing the name of the officer or simply the fact that he was responding to a robberry could have gone a long way in ratcheting down the tensions...that was all rumor from local residents and the main focus of the sunshine requests from the media, so they could report it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The officer has been named and is one of the few African American's on the Police Force there.

See, here is a perfect example of jumping to conclusions, I guess from further reading there are TWO officers with the same name in the same geographic area (St. Louis). The one officer people are referring to as African American is not the same officer involved in the shooting. His identity is unknown to me at the present.

Greetings community members of St. Louis, MO and all those across the nation. The Ethical Society of Police has been closely following the events surrounding the unfortunate police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO.

As a result of public outcry and a demand for justice, the Ferguson police officer's name was released and happens to be, Darren Wilson.

The first thing we would like to assure the world is that this is a horrific coincidence.

May I assure the world that this is not the President of the Ethical Society of Police's Sergeant Darren R. Wilson who is African-American, and happens to be an 18 year veteran of the St. Louis Police Department.

People who jump to conclusions should be ready to get stabbed by the scissors they are carrying.

Anyone know a good ER room? I've just been stabbed.
edit on 15-8-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
This was posted two days ago www.abovetopsecret.com...
The poster however was unable to provide the video
Thank you for finding something that according to many before was not there
Good job

X

wow,isn't that something.

That OP deserves and apology and his topic reopened.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Now the news is saying the cop who shot him is black so that kind of takes the wind out of the 'it's racist' discussion.

Are they? I saw that they released his name and people jumped to the conclusion that it was Darren Wilson, President of the Ethical Society of Police but according to their Facebook Page, it's not:

The first thing we would like to assure the world is that this is a horrific coincidence.

May I assure the world that this is not the President of the Ethical Society of Police's Sergeant Darren R. Wilson who is African-American, and happens to be an 18 year veteran of the St. Louis Police Department.

I thought Zimmerman would be guilty of manslaughter. That was based on what I heard in the news. Then the trial happened and mid way through I had to change my verdict to not guilty.

I watched the trial and I still felt that Zimmerman was an armed wanna-be cop who profiled a kid, jumped out of his vehicle to pursue this kid with the intention of accosting him and as the only survivor of the incident, made hard to invalidate claims. Maybe it's just me, but when I walk in my neighborhood, I don't expect armed men to leap from their vehicles to stalk me with the intention of questioning me about what I'm doing, particularly without identifying themselves or stating their intentions. Hell, I don't expect COPS to do that. In my view, mistakes were made by both parties but none of it would have happened if Zimmerman had not been playing cop.

I try not to prejudge either, but so far it sure seems like at some point an unarmed man was shot multiple times while fleeing from a cop. Even if we presume that he robbed the Quick Trip and was shot from the cruiser after assaulting the cop, that's still murder. Then there's the issue of the treatment of protesters and reporters...

link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
pure whiny rubbish sir. Look at title of the post and you can see the white on black racism. The use of the word "robbed" vs. "shoplifted".

Nonsense, are you one of these people that tries to twist everything into racism?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for being angry about everything and not thinking clearly, I would be angry too if I was defending someone and it turned out they were a scumbag.

Allow me to educate you:

rob (rb)
v. robbed, rob·bing, robs
v.tr.
1. Law To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force; commit robbery upon.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

shop·lift (shplft)
v. shop·lift·ed, shop·lift·ing, shop·lifts
v.intr.
To steal merchandise from a store that is open for business.
v.tr.
To steal (articles or an article) from a store that is open for business.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

And let's look at this charming young man's actions again:

twitter.com...

Violence - CHECK
Taking Property - CHECK

That will be robbed then... Nothing to do with racism...

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
actually no, the video he was talking about was made up, he claimed the store's surveillance camera captured the robbery and the shooting (impossible).

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Still the shooting is only justified if he was armed and had his gun drawn.

Maybe its my wimpy British Upbringing and weird British Values

But the police should NEVER shoot EVER unless a suspect is armed and a direct threat to the public.

The police are NOT there too be judge jury and executioner.

No, the shooting WAS justified as Brown reached into the car of the officer trying to get his gun. THAT is what the police have said happened. Trying to take an officers gun, is definitely a justifiable reason to shoot him.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And choking and shoving someone is not just 'roughing them up', it is criminal assault and there are plenty of people who have been killed with just one blow to the head. You do not place your hands upon another person without their consent.

So even after learning the guy robbed the store that was eventually burned to the ground, and even after learning Dorian Johnson was right there with him, you still believe that punk's story?

link   

Why? The shooting didn't happen at the store, but down the street. How could any video at the store have captured the "whole thing"?

ETA: Or what Abe said. LoL!
edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It's spellcheck, for some reasons unless you enter the word first, in many cases it switches to a similar word. I get it all the time with WTF, JFK, OMG and the like, but usually I catch it. I guess I've never used the word 'brunt' before now on this system.

Oh well, as long as you got the point.
I'm not an english teacher nor do I care to be one but thanks anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Why? The shooting didn't happen at the store, but down the street. How could any video at the store have captured the "whole thing"?

ETA: Or what Abe said. LoL!

i guess i am not sure WTF is going on

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Huh? What are you asking me? Your question is not clear.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Do their clothes match? Because the guy in the still shots, is unclear facial, but looks like balding, or receding hairline and I would think he was middle aged or older anyway. I would age him between 38-45.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wow poor convenience store guy, robbed, roughed up, store looted, and then torched. I wish he was on ATS to give his thoughts.
edit on 15-8-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
On another active topic they say they have a video that hasn't been released, I just read, so I will sit back and read, I like to read.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The robbery suspect was described as wearing shorts, flipflops and ball cap. Michael Brown was not dressed like that.

Sounds like the police are going to use this as a frameup to villify MB.

link   

That's okay...no one is, not even Ferguson PD. LoL!
We still love ya!

edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: stupid phone!

link   
a reply to: abe froman

I believe it was a different store that was looted and burned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join