It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the militia groups, when tyranny and oppression are crushing the people?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chaoticborders

Can you speak to the validity of the Molotov cocktails?
I have seen 2 pictures, one guy holding one and another of what seemed to be a group lighting one.
And just to clarify, the only rioting and looting took place on sat night/sunday morning?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Hey... it looks like its calming down lots now. The cops did pull back and they put a new guy in charge...

and so far so good. I'm impressed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Ya I am very happy to see what is going on now too, the last post was just to get some clarification from some one that seems to have first hand experience.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

No one is asking them to save the day. Just be consistent and lend verbal support.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes some thugs lit a Molotov, I didn't see it but apparently the moron threw it at a car wash where it burned itself out.

And yes to the only real rioting and looting being Saturday. The protests have been peaceful. But like I said, a few have lashed out after being hit with the teargas (like the fool with the Molotov)
Local businesses have been bringing food and water to the protesters.

It is really disconcerting to hear people call it mass riots.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: chaoticborders

Can you speak to the validity of the Molotov cocktails?
I have seen 2 pictures, one guy holding one and another of what seemed to be a group lighting one.
And just to clarify, the only rioting and looting took place on sat night/sunday morning?

Yeah, it only happened that one time. The STL police was harassing the community even before the candlelight vigil. The STL police just aggravated the situation in my opinion. However, its no excuse for rioting, looting and damaging private property.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For a bit of perspective, this was the first homicide of the year in Ferguson

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
For a bit of perspective, this was the first homicide of the year in Ferguson

Is that the case? It's fairly damning.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Marine Decries Militarized Police In Ferguson, MO

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I discussed something very similar on another thread LDF but I will throw my dos centavos in here too.

I have heard a lot of talk about 'everyone' showing up for Clive Bundy because he is a wealthy, white landowner but not the blacks in Ferguson because they're a poor minority.

That is patently false and complete rhetorical fallacy - yet the optics seem solid. It sounds hypocritical. Most Americans will bite on that. Just like many will bite on the POTUS dancing in Martha's Vineyard while Ferguson burned. Just as ridiculous. However it gains traction because most Americans are not critical thinkers.

Rather, I ask myself:

If the 'militia's' showed up tonight, what would they do? What would be the optimal course of action? Can we guarantee all parties involved would interpret it as altruistic?

...IDK

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

I discussed something very similar on another thread LDF but I will throw my dos centavos in here too.

I have heard a lot of talk about 'everyone' showing up for Clive Bundy because he is a wealthy, white landowner but not the blacks in Ferguson because they're a poor minority.

That is patently false and complete rhetorical fallacy - yet the optics seem solid. It sounds hypocritical. Most Americans will bite on that. Just like many will bite on the POTUS dancing in Martha's Vineyard while Ferguson burned. Just as ridiculous. However it gains traction because most Americans are not critical thinkers.

Rather, I ask myself:

If the 'militia's' showed up tonight, what would they do? What would be the optimal course of action? Can we guarantee all parties involved would interpret it as altruistic?

...IDK

Valid point. Given that "the militia" is every able bodied citizen, the militia did not show up for Bundy, but just a few groups who call themselves "the militia."

The militia was already there, in the form of shop owners who defended their shops and the shops of their neighbors.

For an appropriate use of the militia act, let me direct you to the Battle of Athens, Tennesse

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibertasIntel

Doubt he is a Marine--there are several uniform violations.

If he was a Marine, he would know that it is illegal, dishonorable, and against the UCMJ to wear his uniform to a political event.

The rank says corporal. Either this corporal is in direct violation of regulation, or he is a fraud.

After 25 years of military service, I hate people to use the uniform for a political agenda.

Even if he is Marine, he does not have a clue as to anything that pertains to the matter any more than anyone else, and the very fact he is walking down the street unmolested shows that his accusation of "police state" is unfounded and untrue In a real police state, he would not have been able to make that comment. The very fact that there are protestors allowed to protest peacefully I proof that we do not have a police state. Look at Tianiman square--now that is a police state in action.
edit on 14-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
How many people view militia groups as a whole as crazy nut jobs who just run around and play army while hating the government? Thanks to the media, this is what people think of militias, which is sad. Militia groups most likely know they do NOT have the support of the citizens they wish to stand up for, which explains why they lay low.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Doubt he is a Marine--there are several uniform violations.

If he was a Marine, he would know that it is illegal, dishonorable, and against the UCMJ to wear his uniform to a political event.

The rank says corporal. Either this corporal is in direct violation of regulation, or he is a fraud.

After 25 years of military service, I hate people to use the uniform for a political agenda.

Even if he is Marine, he does not have a clue as to anything that pertains to the matter any more than anyone else, and the very fact he is walking down the street unmolested shows that his accusation of "police state" is unfounded and untrue In a real police state, he would not have been able to make that comment. The very fact that there are protestors allowed to protest peacefully I proof that we do not have a police state. Look at Tianiman square--now that is a police state in action.

I have experinced abuse by the police personally. A horror story in its own right. I shared your view for many years. So I'm speaking out whenever I can.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Were you/Are you an FMF HM?

While there are many phoneys display false valor I am not so quick to believe this is one. Most phoneys like to put on some rank and a bunch of medals.

Let's say for the sake of the discussion the person is a real Marine, he still has the right to risk his career to make a statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Wow, you just can't seem to let go of the left-right-center paradigm. We arent talking about this in this thread so go and take your political propaghanda somewhere else please.

Why are you always saying these people voted for the government? Didn't you vote also? If you were in trouble like them should we just say you deserve what's happening to you because you elected this government? Don't say : but i haven't voted for them i voted for the other thugs. They are all the SAME.

Peace out and best wishes for the good ppl in Ferguson, f*** o** to the ones that are making trouble.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Right on!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

From his scarred face looks to me like he earned the right to where the uniform

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Tempted to turn this guy Into a JAG office. I wonder if they would find his views worth considering while in a uniform. Most prolly not.

MIlitias are not meant to be used as your personal army. A riot that has nothing to do with constitutional repression. There have been numerous criminal actions. They also didnt show up to help Occupy wallstreet either cause its not their job and are not stupid enough to invite such a target of oppurtunity to the governments lackeys at this time.

unless its a national/constitutional crisis they aint coming.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Judging by what has occurred thus far I am convinced that if an armed militia showed up, there would be bloodshed. That is if the militia felt they were in the right. Perhaps they don't feel like they would be in the right in this instance, although that doesn't make much sense considering what we have seen the police do thus far. It very well could have something to do with all the looting and law-breaking that has occurred, as some people cannot separate the legitimate protesters from those who committed criminal acts for days after the shooting.

I think it is quite telling that the officer who shot the guy didn't first call an ambulance, but rather called for backup. Then they let the guy lie there without immediate medical aid. Even if a cop shoots someone, they are supposed to immediately try to save the person's life once they are shot, granted that they are not still a threat. A less than lethal option should have been used in this case if the guy was being belligerent, and that is a fact. He was unarmed, which is enough to say that deadly force was not authorized. But to many cops tasers are reserved for small children and old people. Apparently even a person without a weapon will usually kill a cop with their bare hands, thus they need to be shot. That says to me that these guys never should have been allowed to be officers, if they can only deal with an unarmed suspect by shooting him. Ridiculous.

Even though these people were rioting and looting and breaking the law, what makes that worse than the laws broken by the police? People are judging them for their actions while letting the police off the hook. There have been multiple illegal actions from the police since this whole things started, and the murder of an unarmed person was just what set it off. The state militia would be justified in showing up to defend the citizenry considering they have every right to protest. People should be allowed to exercise their Constitutional right to assemble without having to worry about being shot, gassed, etc...I was in the military and have been in the gas chamber, and I can tell you that gas sucks. They should not be using this on peaceful protesters. If they think this is justified because of all the looting, then obviously they are stupid considering it has not been proven that the people who are protesting took any part in the illegal actions.

We shouldn't need permission from the police or government to protest the police or the government. Doesn't that seem like a conflict of interest anyway? I hate when people play the race card, but it very well might be that the militia hasn't shown up because many of those in the community appear to be black. I am not saying I know this for a fact, but it would not surprise me if the militia were predominately white. And maybe they haven't shown up because of the looting, but again, this is a separate instance from the protests. The police should not be allowed to injure and harass, or kill, citizens exercising their right to assemble. This is utterly ridiculous.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join