It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Is this what has become of ATS?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Nothing should be above reproach or scrutiny - nothing should be verboten

Agreed, but it's our job to remove variables from the table, not add them. Otherwise there's also no point, because we would just be entertaining ourselves.

Given the chance to come to a consensus that RT is crud and remove that variable from the table, I would think we would want to jump on it.

I'm not sure who was left feeling sub-par, but it's a forum, there's sure to be some stragglers when a consensus is reached.

I dunno, seems to me that the ship should have a sense of heading somewhere.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
MessageforAll and blupblup.....

They attack any point of view that is not their own. They do not want to debate. They do not want to talk. They want you to believe like they do. And then cry and moan if you do not. I believe that is the troll army that SkepticOverlord was talking about. That is the real issue here.

Quoted for truth

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
There is a large contingent of posters that are against this simply because they only want to read things that agree with them. RT right now is the news outlet that most agrees with them. They do not care if it is true or not. If it is state run or not. They write book length posts about how awesome and cool and better RT is than every other outlet. They attack any point of view that is not their own. They do not want to debate. They do not want to talk. They want you to believe like they do. And then cry and moan if you do not. I believe that is the troll army that SkepticOverlord was talking about. That is the real issue here.

Oh I agree, RT is the " cool " f**ck mainstream news site, or so that's what most people think, the deception starts by thinking RT isn't mainstream, or how its alternative news lol.

People who blindly accept will not change ever, but as I said before, RT's news isn't fabricated( there might be some, probably ), most news RT brings is just the same news you will find on any channel.

Its gets murky with interviews and stuff like Syria or anything Russia related. The way they talk or set up articles is just to highlight all what is negative about the west and how superior Russia is.

That doesn't necessarily mean the news isn't correct, btw thanks for the compliment.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago814uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

That's because in Russia, president controls everything.

Including the media.

That's why i have said it many times, that we do not know who control american media,

Well it isn't the president.

In fact they are privately owned unlike Russia Today.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

skew the wording to make it very anti-west... I'll get to that in just a second.

dont you think that their reporting is also part of the propaganda?

Report fact, report fact, report fact... report falsehood by placing a huge spin on the truth by changing a word and highlighting only one sentence, report falsehood again.. report truth, report a truth, report a truth.

See... they know exactly how to do it. They know you aren't going to sit after a few times and check every story anymore, because now you trust them. They are actually better at propaganda than US, or anyone else I have ever in my life seen.

They do everything just so subtly, even including posting comments on their own articles to make you think a certain way about them after reading.

And it works... look at just how angry people get at you for saying your are going to tell people it is state run propaganda... look at how much everyone in the US dearly loves Putin and think hes so wonderful. Hell he's way way way more popular here than he is at home... because people don't realize he is killing his own journalists, and paying fortunes for hot women to tell his side of things, and paying more people to comment his side of things afterward.

Because after all, that story was only about a plane crash... that happened to be over the Ukraine, and happened to be shot down, and just so happened to that it was....

but the casualty numbers were correct... and before that they told all kind of stories that were true, so you believe it all right?

And don't those true stories make you hate your own government? To the point of wanting to riot in the streets? To the point of making you want to overthrow your own congress instead of vote them out?

but the stories were all true right? Anti-west doesn't matter doesn't it?

Hell... maybe if we play our cards right we can have Putin for a president too... or at least a puppet government in place....

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha
I agree, I am not a fanboy of any media source, but unlike sorcha and the like that have been caught outright hoaxing..... It would annoy me if it was fox news being singled out, or MSNBC being singled out as well. If it's across the board to help newcomers recognize no MSM is to be trusted completely, I would be fine with it. In the time I have been here I have seen every MSM out there running outright lies as truth, and knowingly doing so, not that they were hoaxed. MSNBC editing audio from the 911 call from zimmerman, bluescreen generated "report from the fields", all kinds of nonsense.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Out of curiosity, I wonder how people would react to a tag that instead simply read: "Caution: state-controlled media source."

If you could get stars for that I would surely give them to you. Have this one on me...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: AlphaHawk

US (and other western) news media exhibits bias, with RT represents propaganda.

This is the whole problem, that statement is completely untrue. Western media slings propaganda with the best of them.

Yes thank you!!!

Peace Flatcoat!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
originally posted by MessageForAll!!!

Look everyone argument seems to be about RT being a tool, which everyone agrees to. Its not even worth a debate, we know this, its about ATS steering us in Coldwar mentality and so much more.

Claiming that somehow our western media is any different then RT is a bunch of *****, and you know it.

Yes thank you!!!

Peace Message!!!
edit on 14-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Reply went funny!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

many people don't think critically. It is no longer taught in schools, it is not taught in most homes. Thinking critically is actually not a widely held skill.

Well, being spoonfed what is poop and what isn't is no way to go about acquiring those skills.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

skew the wording to make it very anti-west... I'll get to that in just a second.

dont you think that their reporting is also part of the propaganda? Yes afcourse

Report fact, report fact, report fact... report falsehood by placing a huge spin on the truth by changing a word and highlighting only one sentence, report falsehood again.. report truth, report a truth, report a truth.
Yes, but again, so do every other new sagencies. Thats just the world we live in,

They do everything just so subtly, even including posting comments on their own articles to make you think a certain way about them after reading.
Maybe I remind you : www.zerohedge.com...
Again, this isn't solely being done by RT. They are are all equally evil.

And it works... look at just how angry people get at you for saying your are going to tell people it is state run propaganda... look at how much everyone in the US dearly loves Putin and think hes so wonderful. Hell he's way way way more popular here than he is at home... because people don't realize he is killing his own journalists, and paying fortunes for hot women to tell his side of things, and paying more people to comment his side of things afterward.

The reason Putin is so populair is because well, the USA is a bully and people are fed up. When an EX KGB makes more sense than that tool Oboma... makes you wonder no?. Also with recent snowden scandals etc.

The other stuff you wrote didn't really make any sense, I just wrote an example wasn't talking about Ukraine crash per se.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That's just it, most of what RT post's is normal news, the same subjects you will find on BBC or CNN. RT will just skew the wording to make it sound very anti-west. And how great Russia's response is.

I don't remember seeing this on CNN or BBC...

The Kremlin-funded TV channel Russia Today has first shown, and then removed, a film in which it claims that ’the junta’ in Kyiv and its ’Nazi mercenaries’ are carrying out genocide, ethnic cleansing and starving its population, while children are being taught Nazi slogans and salutes.

khpg.org.ua...

But feel free to show me where they ran a story close to this?

Also do you remember this...

Another propaganda lie that RT ran with that was shown to be fabricated.

The story is real just not about Ukraine, so that part was fabricated.( just wanted to make that part clear so we have no misunderstanding )

Now not to say RT doesn't have gems at sometimes, but they are in full propaganda mode as of late especially concerning the conflict in Ukraine.
edit on 14-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

In fact here is the report by RT...

edit on 14-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Well they still do a hell of a good job of airing the dirty laundry of the West, and if they didn't no other media would, because it is ALSO bought and paid for, and that's just a fact in this day and age, like Western media were truly independent, the idea itself is almost laughable when you know that they had Operation Mockingbird in effect in the 50's. They're all shills.. but I'll stick with the guy that is actually critical of globalisation efforts and the shallow propaganda we get dished out.

You're quite gullible for being a hardcore skeptic.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I did say most, thanks for the info tho! will have a look.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

All I am saying is that good propaganda only works by gaining the trust of those you are trying to propagandize. That is what they are doing, right now... gaining everyone's trust.. and placing some spin on things with the anti-western sentiment, for now.

Once they have people's minds, it all goes downhill from there... and it is clear they have won the hearts and minds thing - already.

People are no longer questioning anything that comes from RT. They aren't.... and if anyone else does, they get offended like RT was their religion and not just a news channel. And that scares me, when truth stops mattering, we are all in trouble.

What began as an alternative source for news... now is gaining in power - over the minds of people all over... because they effectively use mostly truth to send propaganda into people's living rooms, and people are beginning to eat it without question...

Just ask the people who are willing to cuss you out and/or (supposedly) leave ATS because you dared question their source, RT, in their thread. When something becomes a religion, and that religion is run by a state... I'm told it not only scares people but moreover should scare them... yet no one is supposedly worried about this new religion called RT.

The more power they have over the minds of people, the more they will start outright lying.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I hear ya, and to some extend I agree, really. But i'm gonna call it a night, this has been one long day for me lol! Nice clean mature thread.

Thanks for all who participated.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
RT's news isn't fabricated

They just did here

They tweeted an image from yeste rday, trying to claim it's from today.

This is what's happening today.

The new guy in charge of the police activity is marching with the protestors.

Actual RT tweet…

edit on 14-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Do you think people here are stupid and we blindly believe in everything that RT publishes?

Well it seems you do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I hear ya, in my defense I did say " RT's news isn't fabricated( there might be some,probably )"

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Where did they claim it was from today???
It doesn't have a day on the tweet!

Peace SO!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join