It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really?! Is this what has become of ATS?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Quoting a thread of my containing video reports of thousands of people waiting in line to buy Putins shirt, reported by RT. Most likely CGI, faked, or staged. I was wrong. You really are smart.

No it has to do with you saying who believes everything from RT, and I was just pointing out that you seem to be doing just that with that post.

I never said anything about CGI or being faked now did I?

Nice try but you made the comment and I was just pointing out the irony of your comments.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Well Skeptic Overlord himself basically came out the other day and told us all to accept the spoon feeding rabble from US media while not believing a single word from RT.

What else can you say? The owner of ATS himself is brainwashed into thinking our media is beyond propaganda.

ATS has become censored indeed. What a sad day, pathetic really. Shame on ATS.

well seeing as how RT has been caught in some whoppers before i can see where he is coming from. Remember my thread about banning RT as a source? I changed my mind a bit on this but it does need to be messaged to each person using RT links that it has been caught in a few lies before.

SO isnt brainwashed either. HE has said before that all media is not above some fibbing time to time.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

edit on 1482014 by Snarl because: NVM ... Not worth it. A simple 'Me too' suffices.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Well Skeptic Overlord himself basically came out the other day and told us all to accept the spoon feeding rabble from US media…

I did no such thing. You're lying.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I would like to see the post where SO said that we should accept the spoon feeding rabble from the US media... Does anyone have that link handy??

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

originally posted by: Snarl

I gotcha before you deleted.

edit on 8/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Thanks for your responses, I've enjoyed thinking about this stuff.

Ditto - its why I show up here every day

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Actually their article started with a flat lie... and spun that lie in the direction called anti-western propaganda.

I replied to messageforall, but somehow replied to her in another thread... unsure when I thought I was replying in this one... and that thread was a topic that I had been discussing elsewhere, so I stayed in it because the convo was good.. anyway...

I will repost what I said in this thread... because you replied to me.

RT said:

The initially peaceful protests were prompted by the police shooting an unarmed teenager on Saturday in Ferguson, Missouri.

First, they were anything but peaceful initially. The people were angry about the shooting of the teen, because the teen was unarmed, and they started rioting.

A Quick Trip was burned to the ground etc. They were looting stores etc. One journalist was injured by the rioters etc. Then the police called all the police departments around asking for backup because of the riot.

Link

So RT is beginning with a lie they made up... and spinning it from there. The situation was volatile from the beginning, not peaceful. The cops reacted to a very bad situation, and then when it calmed down they didn't stand down and allow protesting (at all) until they were ordered to (which was bad)

The cops were not 100% right at all... but what got 150 cops in full on swat gear stopping a protest was a full on riot.
edit on 14-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I was talking about this from Skeptic Overlord and the subsequent posts from people proclaiming that RT had been debunked in real time.
When actually they clearly stated the date was the 13th not yesterday.
So people were lying and spreading disinformation in order to discredit RT.
That was the point I was making.
And when it was pointed out that Skeptic Overlord and others were wrong, none had the decency to hold their hands up.

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: MessageforAll
RT's news isn't fabricated

They just did here

They tweeted an image from yeste rday, trying to claim it's from today.

This is what's happening today.

The new guy in charge of the police activity is marching with the protestors.

Actual RT tweet…

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels
Well, there really was no point for RT to tweet that from 2 days ago. The timing had the clear intent to make people believe that was happening then.

That was clearly the Russian agenda, was it a fabricated story? Nope, but was it misinformation? Kinda.

This is something that people really need to understand, when looking at RT be sure to know that they will spin the story to make it out as if the West is pure evil.

Anywho, no point really in keeping this thread alive, I made my point, other made theirs.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

The story itself was fabricated because it began with a lie, and every word after was spun from the perspective of the lie. There was no truth to it - not from the beginning with a very false premise, in order to smear the United States and make it's local governments look like raving lunatics.

You most certainly cannot attempt to call it "kinda misinformation" it was really just lying.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hay even ATS knows that bulls*it is real.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

The story in order to smear the United States and make it's local governments look like raving lunatics.

Trust me, we don't need RT for that lol.
Let this topic rest, it served its purpose.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Yes they were initially peaceful... The rioting and looting happened hours after the people started gathering.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What is this thread about? I don't see any of this "tagging" in the OP that everyone is up in arms about!

originally posted by: RifRAAF
If:

www.abc.net.au...

or

www.bbc.co.uk...

does not have "State owned news service" or similar then this is unfairly singling out Russia. A bit of equity please

That is because they aren't "state owned", I suppose!

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The Government of the UK fund the BBC, so hopefully the new links apply to them aswell...

No, they don't. The License Fee funds the BBC and the Government has no control over them.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

It was resolved. SO eliminated the tag.

Originally, any RT source was automatically tagged with something like "state owned propaganda source".

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

And there I was thinking everyone had gone bonkers... Sorry if it was mentioned in the thread, but I tapered off after page 3...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Lol...completely understandable.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Can someone please explain what this thread is about? I am really curious, but can't for the life of me figure out what the controversy is.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Originally, any RT source was automatically tagged by the site with something like "state owned propaganda source".

Debate ensued.

SO reversed the approach.

A nice day was had by all.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Originally, any RT source was automatically tagged by the site with something like "state owned propaganda source".

Debate ensued.

SO reversed the approach.

A nice day was had by all.

Ohhh ok. Well, it makes sense to me now why everyone was so pissy about something!. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join