It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson - What You Won't See In The News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Sure took eyes and reporting off of the souther border. One more for the conspiracy minded.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Sure took eyes and reporting off of the souther border. One more for the conspiracy minded.

Welcome, Bilk. And the ebola seems to have healed up
nicely even before the first incubation period passed too.

Back to the thread-- I heard from a couple of people the
militarized gang were also partially imported; and didn't
have a direct involvement in the community. Food for
thought: I wonder how many of the rioters were locals?
Sure would follow if the cops held back until the fires
were good and lit up... SOP.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

That is what the "Strategic" part is about.

If you're one of the good ones, I hope you are doing your part to change the system and not standing idly by while your blue buddies commit brutal acts and pretend that the rules don't apply to them.

I am sorry that you are sick of the anti-cop speech, but frankly what can I do about it? Cops are bringing it on themselves and the same can be said about citizens. In the end though, who represents what? We just want to be free to do our thing without being sapped for revenue and beaten for challenging the pseudo-authority. We are sick of dead dogs, swat team searches, broken stuff and police arrogance.

If I walked up and thumped your nose, that would give you all the justification in the world to beat me senseless and shoot me. You get a paid vacation and I get eternal rest. I'm not saying that you would, I don't know you, but you could.

That's the world now.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I think that the vitriol stems from the fact that even when good cops know of police brutality and police stupidity they say nothing. Most police are accomplices to the police crimes inflicted on all of us.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

You are spot on with your comments. Admittedly, the situation in the UK is nowhere near as bad as the US yet. But its heading in that direction.

Every time there's a significant protest in the UK it often turns violent, and reports are always of the police using unfair tactics and throwing the first punch. They deliberately cause trouble to justify their existence and to deflect the issue. They pay criminals and thugs to do their dirty work for them. Of course this does not mean that all trouble makers are working for the police, some are simply just opportunists.

I hear all the time how there are "good" cops in the force, and not to tar all of them with the same brush. However, when incidents like this happen, and the "good" cops are ordered to protect the guilty, they will do what they are told. This is not good, this is bad, and its worse if they do what they are told when they know full well it is wrong. Money is more important to all these cops than justice. There simply are no good cops, because the good ones either end up quitting or getting fired.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I do not violate my oath. I have never witnessed anybody I work with violate their oaths. I have never witnessed anybody that I have worked with in surrounding agencies violate their oaths.

When I read an article or see a video where I feel an officer acted unjustly I call it out. I don't hide my feelings trust me.

I am also a member of oathkeepers and obviously ATS.

I have emailed departments in the past and expressed my opinion when i feel an officer is in the wrong. Other then that what I am supposed to do about corruption or an unjust incident that occured thousands of miles away? Please tell me.

Calling for violence against an entire group for the actions of some makes you just as guilty as the "bad cop."

So go ahead and suit up and come after me. I will be ready trust me.

edit on 14-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I did not say that it is time to go to war with all cops. I said strategic assaults against so called law enforcement, distribution of information, and constant filming. It is time to go after the bad apples. Look at what Anon is doing. They are making the information public. They are erasing the defensive blue line.

This isn't about you.. I'm sorry you take offense.

I appreciate that you are an oath keeper, and I respect that. I treat cops with respect when they deserve it. I've known good cops, but you know what? They are disappearing. They are retiring, being forced to retire for standing on principle, or worst case, just going over to the dark side.

I get what you are saying, and I am happy to hear that there still good agencies out there. Ferguson obviously is not one of them, and not only that, there are thousands of Fergusons out there.

I mean YOU no Harm.

A strategic assault can be carried out without harming a hair on anybodies head. Verbal assault is real, Informational assault is real. It is being done as we speak. What happens after the information is distributed, who knows.

It is kind of like reversing the role of a confidential informant.

I'm not "coming after you". I don't want to add fuel to the fire when it comes to good cops. Not my intention.

I'm done with this.

Boba

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Calling for violence against an entire group for the actions of some makes you just as guilty as the "bad cop."

Kinda like punishing a whole community and their lawful protesters with tear gas, rubber bullets and suspension of constitutional rights just because a few kids turned too opportunistic looting?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Oh so most police officers are covering up injustices. Do you have any facts or statistics to support your claim that most police officers are in fact doing so?

Or did you just get that from the comment section of InfoWars, Hell ATS?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I tend not to rely on alternative news like infowars. Having been a part of the ACLU for a few years gives me a much healthier and balanced perspective.

And then of course there are the multitudes of cases settled out of court, and those that were more public. It is unfortunate, in my mind anyway, that the cops, who are in the best position to bring about positive change are not doing so.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe I misinterpreted your comment.

In other posts I have discussed my reasoning why we (if we truly are) are seeing an increase in police violence, corruption and mistakes being made in the line of duty.

I also listed what things I feel can be done by both the public and the police to bridge the ever increasing gap between us. Some liked what I had to say, most didn't.

What I do know is I am finished. I have tried day in and day out to prove that we are not ALL bad. As soon as I find the right career I am out of law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well no offense but I take whatever the ACLU puts out with a grain of salt. A fine grain.

Did you compare those multitudes of cases settled out of court with all the positive things law enforcement officers have done? Did you compare them with all the positive endings to incidents?

If you didn't then you sure in the Hell can't make blanket negative accusations against law enforcement officers.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Oh that's weird, I didn't know that me, a law enforcement officer in Florida had anything to do with that situation.

With that train of thought I guess that if you are caucasion I can just assume that you are and treat you like a serial killer since some caucasions are serial killers.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Watching the live feeds from Ferguson last night this is exactly what happened. Police used violence against an entire group for the actions of a few.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

If they did, that was that specific police department which consists of individual human beings.

Why should I be responsible or take responsibility for what a department did or didn't do a thousand miles away.

Would you like to take financial responsiblity for the damage to my car when someone backed into me a couple months ago? I mean you do drive right.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What?

Where in my post did I refer to you in any way? How did I imply you held responsibility?

You made a comment and I replied with an observation from last night that fit your comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

I thought you were condoing the other posters statement calling for strategic assaults against the police everywhere because of the preceived injustices committed by the Ferguson PD.

If I misinterpreted your statement I apologize. I guess I am on the defensive because everywhere I turn I am getting hate.

Even though I am in Florida and have done nothing wrong the negative comments from people, flicking me off as I drive by, the increased negative blanket comments on ATS, etc have all increased.

It is taking its toll on me.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry if you interpreted any of my posts as hate towards you or any other LEO. I hold Law Enforcement to a very high standard, after all we are required to obey or else.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

If you are a police officer and you are making those comments,
you are a part of the problem.

So tired in fact why don't you put your money where your mouth is? You want to commit harm against us. Let's go.

And this is why both sides need to calm down.
No one wants violence on the level that is unfolding,
but it is police with this attitude,
that should be fired.

No matter what verbal comments go flying, an officer of the law needs to hold back their temper, and guns and not be over zealous.
If you are in a position of power, you need to use judgement, and not anger.
Think very carefully.

I understand the frustration.

edit on 14-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I hold myself to a high standard as well. Everyone that I personally work with holds themselves to a high standard too.

That is why I become upset with the blanket hate.

Cleverly disguised attack in your last sentence by the way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join