It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ferguson - What You Won't See In The News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Maybe I misinterpreted your comment.

In other posts I have discussed my reasoning why we (if we truly are) are seeing an increase in police violence, corruption and mistakes being made in the line of duty.

I also listed what things I feel can be done by both the public and the police to bridge the ever increasing gap between us. Some liked what I had to say, most didn't.

What I do know is I am finished. I have tried day in and day out to prove that we are not ALL bad. As soon as I find the right career I am out of law enforcement.

We all choose our fights, and we all choose our causes, but every cause doesn't need to be a fight.. Police have a real public image problem right now.

They cannot solve that image problem with riot-gear and MRAPs.
Youth centers, while they were a good idea usually go downhill fast due to parents who care little about their children treating them as baby sitters. More often than not, those children are of thuggish influence and so goes the cycle.

Community Gardens would be a good start. It could serve multiple purposes and help children and even parents learn skills to help themselves in these trying times. There are many solutions and I wish I had seen those threads you made.

It is a shame that it is coming to this, and I hope you defend your cause for as long as you can without it causing you harm.

Like I said in my original post, this all seems to be a no win situation, and I speak for citizens and police when I say that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

You are correct.

Until the citizens and the police admit that both sides contain people that are not helping the relationship positively grow nothing will change.

Oh well. Hopefully soon it will no longer concern me.
edit on 14-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
I 100% believe this cop shot that kid in the back shamefully.
However if this kid had punched a civilian and ran, then the civilian shot him multiple times, people would be applauding him.
This is another case of the knockout game going wrong.
Everyone keeps ignoring the fact that eyewitnesses saw this guy fighting with the cop, dude punched the cop in the face and took off.
The cop wanted theses guys to get out of the road. If you drive, you've probably felt the same way as people walk in the streets and mean mug you.
On the internet loads of people with their own agenda can post whatever they want with no incentive to stick to facts.
That's why internet comment sections are not a reliable news source.

I say give the people what they want.Pull out all of the police and watch it burn.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
a reply to: abe froman

I don't think anyone wants the police to pull out except for looters and rioters.

The rest of us want the police to use the proper type of enforcement.
They went over the top.

People need to protest, and they need to be heard.
Looters need to be dealt with,
rioters too.
The use of rubber bullets and tear gas on the civilians protesting is not acceptable.
Not everyone is a looter, or a rioter, but they can turn that way if excessive force is used, which it was.
It will only get worse if the police do not back off in their stance and take a less hardcore approach.
It will open up one of the biggest cans of worms this country has ever seen if something is not done to stop both sides,
but it begins with the police standing down and removing military style equipment.
The population is already angry.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:32 PM
Is apparent by the video and pics that the local authorities have plenty of arms, gear vehicles and men to have responded to every incident of looting, we also know from all the video all they did was stand around.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Again...I am sorry that you have read any of my responses as attacks. I am not attacking you, however I do insist that LE or anyone for that matter that holds a position of authority over us must earn our respect.

Perhaps you are an example as to why there is no understanding between LE and the public. The last people to take anything personally wshould be those that have power over any ones life, in any aspect at all.

Rather than me continually telling you that I mean none of this as a personal attack, shouldn't we be discussing what remedies that are at hand that we can use to be able to trust one another?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
a reply to: Witness2008

I have listed my opinions on how to improve the relationship in many threads but they usually receive no response. The response they do receive is generally negative.

I am over it. As soon as I can get out of law enforcement I will.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM

We really do need good cops, but we also need them going public with their objections to police abuse. I know three police officers, fairly good friends, and we talk about this often. A couple of them agree with me, but fear their unions and other officers. If all the good cops out there came forward to denounce the killing of an unarmed teenager, we would all be on the right track, and gaining some mutual respect.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
a reply to: Witness2008

I don't personally know any officers that are corrupt. I have never witnessed any corruption. Not all departments have corruption.

I cannot do anything about what happens in another state except for share my displeasure. I do that.

If the blanket negative treatment of officers continues we will be left with only bad officers. Trust me. I have many friends that are leaving the career for reasons I have presented in other posts.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Sorry but what a MORON! Why spray paint Avenge Mike Brown on a USPS government property mail box? Paint your OWN house, garage, front yard whatever! Don't destroy public property atleast not in such a silly trivial way! Is he going to go back and paint over that or spray paint over what he did? No!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:02 PM
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Not sure if it is true or not but I heard that people spray painted "snitches get stiches" on the gas station where Brown allegedly shoplifted.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM

Unfortunately....It happened.

Quik Trip Graffitti

State Police are taking responsibility of policing in Ferguson. This may change things dramatically for the better.

After all, this has never been about police as a general term anyway, to my thinking. It's about one Department and whatever portion of the St Louis County PD was covering all of this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I agree this is about one individual police officer and one department. Thank you for saying that.

Tell that to the blanket police bashers that have come out of the wood work though.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

Sorry but what a MORON! Why spray paint Avenge Mike Brown on a USPS government property mail box? Paint your OWN house, garage, front yard whatever! Don't destroy public property atleast not in such a silly trivial way! Is he going to go back and paint over that or spray paint over what he did? No!

The guy in the picture IS PAINTING OVER the graffiti left from the night before....

You didn't notice that??

If you would have clicked the link you would have seen more.
edit on 8/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:28 PM

I would hope those people are watching the coverage from the cable news channels right now, as they are interviewing cops and citizens together, as they mix freely in a big protest/community outreach crowd. I's odd to see after last night, but these are the same citizens that were being gassed and shot almost without hostility around different law enforcement tonight.

The difference I see? The Super-Alpha personalities are probably taking some time off, for all the fall out after last night ..and the decent cops some say don't exist, have moved in to try and get things working out there again.

I can tell people, that's real too. They just interviewed a St Louis city (not county) police commander. Not only was he surrounded by normal people (and I saw that same thing from those same police out there tonight, when I was in Occupy), but his whole tone was outreach and meeting a cry for help, not a single note of confrontation.

I think the community went through a rough time these past days, but things have turned for them..and the good cops are instrumental in that too.

Folks who go so hard on cops need to tune in to this to at least see there IS another side to police, and a good sized one too!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:49 PM

originally posted by: Bilk22

Sure took eyes and reporting off of the souther border. One more for the conspiracy minded.

I can't believe i didn't even think of that. Good call Bilk. More and more interesting...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:03 PM

I actually completely agree with your skepticism here and everything of what you said. But one point that I must make is this...

The looters have been since seen toting guns in some pictures posted on Twitter. I can only suspect (even a tiny bit) that the police must have figured at least someone had a gun and didn't bother with it until people started to clear out on their own first.

Just a second opinion is all.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
No one could possibly know why they didn't react right off. It's like a hockey game.. when they start fighting, the refs do not get in there.. they let them go at it, tire themselves out, then step in. It's possible they didn't have enough organization, #s, or the "ok" to try to step in, because of the fear of being lynched by emotion crowds.

I seriously doubt someone planned to purposely let them loot to make them "look bad." How ridiculous. And they WERE BAD. They were LOOTING THEIR OWN TOWN under the flimsy guise of protesting a death. They were taking advantage of the situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:25 PM
Looting is wrong but what was posted here by Kang was trying to show how the actual locals were working together to try and "fix" the mess and help the businesses and also their neighbors...seems that point pretty much got missed.

Too broad of a brush being used here too. The protesters and the looters are 2 different factions. The protesters couldn't be in 2 places at once...hence, "some one else" was responsible for the most part. Opportunists that took advantage of the whole mess for one thing. There is no proof that all looters were even locals that cared about the boy that got shot. The protesters obviously did. Why would they ruin their own demonstration to that extent and like I could they be in 2 places at once. They are getting blamed for a little too much. A few bottles got thrown...ever hear of instigators/provocateurs and the like. I think every protest crowd gets infiltrated just like militia groups do. Then there are always a few jerks that just like to stir the pot and ruin things for everyone else...psychos.

As for Katrina, I live here in Louisiana and I witnessed first hand how many lies can be put forth, bad reporting and so on...lots of hype. In reality, the most looting was done by the local corrupt police force in the area down there. There were arrests made relevant to their crimes. Many took new cars from lots and stowed them away. They were found to have all kinds of merchandise hidden around and not at the station. It was a big scandal down here. You can probably even still google about it. I'm telling the truth on this. Most of the other looting was families in need of food and clean water and toilet paper and such. I will never understand why authorities stopped folks from helping and made them turn around and go back home. They also blocked the one bridge where the poor victims could have used to leave the area...and locked many more in that stadium and would not let them leave for days.

People from all over the state road down there and were turned back with their goods and not allowed to help those poor folks even though they had pickups and cars loaded with supplies that were needed. The "merc" presence down there that looked like the National Guard did nothing to help those folks except take their guns and keep them. Most people would take supplies for their kids under those circumstances. FEMA and other help was so slow in coming and others were told not to help...people had no choice. Sure, a few took advantage of the situation but not as many as people think.

I was shocked when I heard of how many good ole boy sheriffs and cops were arrested for looting. People that don't know what happened down there...well, they have no idea how bad it was. No help, the "mercs" didn't even pass out bottled water...they just harassed folks, took guns and even shot a few people dead. Ya'll just have no idea. I saw and heard and witnessed plenty. Lotsa phoney stories about rapes and murders...that never happened. What did happen is that many poor people were left with no help for several days. No electric, water, supplies and meds and such, no food and diapers for their kids. That's what they were taking mostly. So, folks that don't know shouldn't jump on the bandwagon relevant to Katrina...that is pure mean spirited and cold hearted. The circumstances were VERY different there. When folks finally could help, I saw Sean Penn get in that filthy water and help people get into boats and such.

Sorry for the rant Kang. Great OP. I always love what you have to say. You have a decent heart/soul/spirit!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
a reply to: shrevegal Brad Pitt has also helped with money to build new homes for the Katrina folks. Sorry if off topic but when the looting got mentioned and then it got mentioned about how folks in Furgason were helping to clean it up and stick together, it just really does make me wonder...if THEY did the looting, they sure wouldn't be bothering to fix it all now would they. Looters don't have that kind of mind set. This OP just triggered really bad memories about Katrina for me and I get emotional over it. So much injustice occurred there...and lies and corruption and poor news reporting. Sorry again Kang.
The unfairness that folks put out there about Katrina just makes me so sad and mad.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>