It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson - What You Won't See In The News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
There are probably a few things going on in Ferguson that you won't see on the MSM, this is just one of them.

As I was following the live feeds tonight in SkepticOverlord's thread I saw an interview with a protester that caused me to stop and think.

He stated to the camera and reporter that the riots and looting that struck Ferguson that first night were allowed to happen. He said the Police could have stopped it easily I when it started but they didn't even try. He said that they allowed it to start and continue for a good while before they even started to act.

When asked why he thought that happened... He said he thinks that it was to make the world look at Ferguson negatively because of those events and that it was taking the heat off of what happened to cause a young man to lose his life far too early.

Make of that what you will. It made me wonder enough, that I looked for some good news coming out of there.

I found some. And when I found it, I wondered if maybe he wasn't dead on the money with his thoughts.

Are there bad people on Ferguson. Absolutely. Is it all of Ferguson? Absolutely not. Some people felt the need to tear up their neighborhood, but others that reside there were all too willing to fix the damage done to their fellow business men, buildings, homes and other property.

You will not see this on the news...

Ferguson, MO, a suburb of St. Louis, has been pushed to a breaking point that few, if any, communities in the United States could bear. Besides witnessing the senseless death of a young, unarmed man who was bound for college, the town has had to deal with an outsized, militarized police presence since Brown was killed. Looting and rioting Sunday night caused serious damage and economic loss to over a dozen businesses in the community. Residents have had to deal with martial law the past couple of days, with law enforcement treating the city like a war zone.

Despite all of this, Ferguson is keeping it together. Instead of dividing the community, these events of the past few days have brought the residents closer together. Business owners who experienced severe damage and economic loss have reopened their doors to let their neighbors know that they won’t be leaving. People from all over have joined in an effort to clean up and repair the damage that local stores and homes have suffered. More than anything, everyone has embraced each other as neighbors and friends, letting the world know that the real story isn’t about stores losing merchandise one evening. No, the story is about the real tragedy at the center of it all — the death of ‘Big Mike,’ Michael Brown, Jr.

There are those who did not riot and loot. There are those that love their neighborhood enough to come out on their own to help fix the damage done by others.

One of the places volunteers are using as a place to use the restroom or grab a drink of water is Sam’s Meat Market. The store was hit hard by looters Sunday evening. Despite the store having a number of windows boarded up and extensive damage inside, owner Muhamad Yaacoub explicitly stated that he is not moving the store, and it is currently open for business. Yaacoub, who also owns a restaurant in the area, insists that he is part of the community and only wants to see the town thrive.

One of his employees, Marcella Armenta, who was helping him Muhamad hand water and soda to volunteers, also spoke at length about Mike Brown. She said he was a regular customer of theirs and described him as “quiet” and a “good kid.” She wanted to make sure to dispel any rumors that might have floated around about Brown, such as him being a shoplifter.

I am glad to see that some of the business owners aren't contemplating leaving the area. It would only punish those that did not take part in the things that went on there, but many could not blame them if they no longer felt as safe as they did before.

I have not seen one news report cover these things and there are more that I did not post. There are many that will judge the entire town of Ferguson for their town burning. I hope maybe some will see that it certainly is not the fault of the entire town. We should not paint everyone there with the same brush and maybe we should ask why none of this is aired and that by witness testimony, no police even attempted to stop the rioting and looting when it was small enough to handle.

You can read more here:
www.politicususa.com...

edit on 8/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Nice post but you forgot the linky. I don't have much opinion past that as the information has been so conflicting I have no idea what the truth is.

It's fixed now, so ignore this.
edit on 8/14/2014 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Nice post but you forgot the linky. I don't have much opinion past that as the information has been so conflicting I have no idea what the truth is.

It's fixed now, so ignore this.

I hit the dreaded enter button a wee bit too early.

Full reports are still not coming in. Regardless, these folks are cleaning up their community after rioters and looters tore it up. If they were all of the same ilk... none would have bothered to help. I was just trying to get some folks to understand that it is not ALL of Ferguson that did this. We argue over rioting and looting and we seem to forget Michael Brown while we are doing it.

It's a sad situation all the way around.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Anything that is remotely humane.. Doesn't make the cut for the MSM.

"Blood, blood, blooooooddd." That's better

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

I am admittedly anti-cop. This community had an absolute right to be outraged. I was sickened however when I saw them turn their rage against the people of the community when it would have been better spent against the entity responsible for this vile act.

I also know that the tactics of the police will be far more brutal in poverty stricken communities. It is a self serving trick to justify the militarization of police against the american public. We are in a no win situation here. Pacivism solves nothing, and the outrage is deflected by these Nazis toward the community.

What is to be done to remedy this? They target people with little to lose. It serves the agenda to further escalate the tensions of a pseudo law enforcement, which only oppresses and generates revenue to fund more oppressions.

I fear for the future. It does not look good. These murderers come out smelling of roses and they have been stirring the excrement the entire time.

Strategic assaults toward so called law enforcement is warranted. Continuous filming and distribution of information is an absolute necessity. The game is changing before our eyes. This must be halted at all cost or martial law will be declared one district at a time and the game is over.

Boba

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Not buying it .. seems history repeats whenever a certain community feels slighted they resort to looting and burning businesses to protest .. i.e the rodney king riots .. now ferguson .. then theres also the looting and lawlessnes that occured after katrina ..

Theres better more civilised ways of solving problems that DO NOT include burning down businesses .. looting and lawlessness nor is there any justifying such barbaric conduct ..

Meh .. amn off all the apologists will be along shortly and better things to do than listen to excuses for such conduct... heard them all many times already gets tiresome listening to it...
edit on 14/8/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

What you are saying is this, there are a lot of people in Ferguson who don't care that their fellow citizen got murdered. They don't care, that the police get away with it ...

They don't care about their next door neighboor ... as long as it doesn't happen to them.

That's precisely why riotters loot these dorks places ...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Stars and flags to you, Kanga!
Thank you for posting this. I've not had the time to follow this except from these threads. I knew there were lots of good folks there.
I'm truly distressed to see that the MSM has managed to paint this picture---a business owner's interests, loss of revenues is to be considered before the life of a human being. "Let the city burn because a few thugs took an opportunity to do what thugs do when given an opening." is what they are seeming to say with their continual loop of the looting. It makes for more divisions.
If the goons were sent in to stop the looting why were they cornering peaceful protestors? Why weren't they chasing bad guys?
Please pass the duct tape---my head is about to pop! Yet another young man is dead and the MSM is concentrating on the damages caused by some scumbags?
***Let me make clear that I do not condone the actions of the thugs just in case calling them thugs and scumbags didn't convey that fact. I do not support violence against anyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

That's an interesting point. I was talking to a colleague, an ex-police sergeant who had worked in North Glasgow for 20 years, during the English riots last year. I was saying why did he think it wasn't happening up here despite some people trying to co-ordinate a movement in parts of Scotland? He answered immediately "We wouldn't allow it. We'd put a stop to that before it *%@~# started!" (in a Glasgow accent).

That was his view too, that the community was being given enough rope metaphorically, that public sympathy would side with the establishment and everyone would forget the real cause of the riots. I thought he had a point at the time, and it stuck with me.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Not buying it .. seems history repeats whenever a certain community feels slighted they resort to looting and burning businesses to protest .. i.e the rodney king riots .. now ferguson .. then theres also the looting and lawlessnes that occured after katrina ..

Theres better more civilised ways of solving problems that DO NOT include burning down businesses .. looting and lawlessness nor is there any justifying such barbaric conduct ..

Meh .. amn off all the apologists will be along shortly and better things to do than listen to excuses for such conduct... heard them all many times already gets tiresome listening to it...

I agree.. The rioting idiots played right into the results they are now under. Instead of stealing and breaking into businesses for 'whatever' and burning their own neighborhoods, how about contain the rage until they all get to the police station. Nothing was solved and certainly did not bring the young man back to life. No justice has been served for the dead kid and unfortunately never will if this plays out like it looks like...

OK they are pissed but how about targeting those responsible for the golden stream instead of those who supply stuff for your neighborhood !

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I hope that you did not misread my post Expat. You could not have missed my views on those that rioted and looted in any number of threads I have posted in. My OP is not selling you that it was ok. My OP is telling you that not everyone participated in the looting and rioting.

I have been called a racist, a non human, and a few other good ones in the last few days for my take on what those people did. The thread where the cop got caught out calling them animals?? I was there and I agreed with the cope in that case. The ones who were doing it were indeed acting like animals.

But not everyone in Ferguson partook in those festivities. Not everyone in Ferguson tried to destroy everything in sight.

That's the point here. I've not once taken the side of any of those that did what they did. Nor will you ever see me do so.

originally posted by: beansidhe

That's an interesting point. I was talking to a colleague, an ex-police sergeant who had worked in North Glasgow for 20 years, during the English riots last year. I was saying why did he think it wasn't happening up here despite some people trying to co-ordinate a movement in parts of Scotland? He answered immediately "We wouldn't allow it. We'd put a stop to that before it *%@~# started!" (in a Glasgow accent).

That was his view too, that the community was being given enough rope metaphorically, that public sympathy would side with the establishment and everyone would forget the real cause of the riots. I thought he had a point at the time, and it stuck with me.

I could hear the accent in my head when you typed that! It certainly gives you something to think about doesn't it? I just hope that the case isn't lost In all of this. Those who chose to try and burn their own city to the ground, did nothing to help the case for those that are looking for justice legitimately. They have successfully gotten the nation to look at those acts instead of what happened before them. It's a sad situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I really do not think his comments were directed at you ... He was referring to the ones who always show up to justify this kind of behavior.. Not putting/writing words out for him ... But perhaps I know him better than many and that was they way I took his comment..and even replied.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I was not sure and wanted to clarify before it went further. Expat knows that I have much respect for him. I did not want him to think for a minute that I condoned any of that type of behavior at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I agree there maybe better ways of solving this issue but from what I gather many feel they are occupied instead of being policed, politics haven't helped much in one of the most segregated cities in America at some point with all that cop or vigilante killings something gotta give,so they turn on targets closest to them,when a cop feels disrespected he feels the need to pull his weapon he is the thug he is the barbarian and I always said what the cops first honed their brutality on the poor and the powerless before they take it " mainstream"
www.motherjones.com...
Klik^ here there is your problem now many will say they are against a quota system and I am not in favor of it myself but if those cops are not from the community and have no stake or love for it other than a pay check then expect the worst.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Sorry, totally misread you. NVM.
edit on 8/14/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

He stated to the camera and reporter that the riots and looting that struck Ferguson that first night were allowed to happen. He said the Police could have stopped it easily I when it started but they didn't even try. He said that they allowed it to start and continue for a good while before they even started to act.

When asked why he thought that happened... He said he thinks that it was to make the world look at Ferguson negatively because of those events and that it was taking the heat off of what happened to cause a young man to lose his life far too early.

Make of that what you will. It made me wonder enough, that I looked for some good news coming out of there.

I agree with this.

Saw the same thing happen here in Toronto during the G20 summit. Cops let protestors get "out of control" by leaving easy targets (unattended police cruisers that were vandalized), then followed up in the coming days by instituting draconian measures that literally made my mouth drop. I thought we had rights. After that incident I realized that we did not. The police are paid to protect government interests, we are just the targets.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

the actions are in no way acceptable...the problem that is here is the re-action of that action....a militarized police force treating the whole town as terrorists is not ok

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

This seems to be becoming a common thing where rioting has occurred with more people having witnessed it before.

That says a lot and I don't really like what it's saying. Rioting and looting should not be allowed to get out of hand purposefully for ANY agenda. Disturbing to say the least.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Strategic assaults against law enforcement is warranted? Even ones that don't work at this agency? Ones that don't even work in the state? Ones that have never brought harm or injustice to a citizen? Ones that have never witnessed harm or injustice committed against a citizen by a coworker?

I am about sick and tired of this blanket vitriol against all police.

So tired in fact why don't you put your money where your mouth is? You want to commit harm against us. Let's go.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Like in London a few years back...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join