It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Gaza Issue Resolved. Israel Not Targeting Women and Children.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

The irony is: No one has debunked the numbers. They post words, opinions, clever phrases, but have not touched the numbers.

A clever phrase is no substitute for data, regardless of the attempts.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

That might be the case, if source article them selves didn't change.

Check this post.

Also points why some are more targeted, but nevertheless points that civilians ARE targeted, numbers show it all...

Jana Krause, from the war studies department at Kings College London, says: “A potential explanation other than combatant roles could be that families expect them to be the first ones to leave shelters in order to care for hurt relatives, gather information, look after abandoned family homes or arrange food and water.

“Similar to combatant roles, these would be ‘high-risk’ social roles that young men are often expected to fulfil.”

She stressed that more work would be needed on the ground to determine why this group was over-represented in the casualty figures.

Men of this age may also be mistaken for fighters because they fit the age profile.”

Denial much, are we??

edit on 14-8-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: buster2010

Face it Chuck you support this generations Nazis you should start working on your goosestepping now.

Now I know I'm right. If even buster2010 has run out of arguments and has been reduced to childish name-calling, my point has been established without doubt and I am satisfied.

Nice how you overlooked your post that I responded to. I didn't run out of arguments you couldn't back up your statements with neutral sources only with pro Israeli sources. And my Nazi statement is based on survivors who went through the holocaust and is saying Israel is acting like Nazis. So don't cop this attitude because you are just making yourself look like a fool.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Give me a break with the asinine Nazi comparisons.

When the IDF starts shipping Palestinians off to gas chambers and lining them up in the streets for systematic executions, then you may be on to something.

If the people of Gaza want the blockade lifted and self governed border security, they need to elect a democratic government to represent them as opposed to a gang of criminals and thugs that are sworn to Israel's destruction. That would be a start.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

When the IDF starts shipping Palestinians off to gas chambers and lining them up in the streets for systematic executions, then you may be on to something.

If the people of Gaza want the blockade lifted and self governed border security, they need to elect a democratic government to represent them as opposed to a gang of criminals and thugs that are sworn to Israel's destruction. That would be a start.

What's the difference between lining them up against a wall and dropping a warhead on them? Both ways of killing them.

Democratic as in getting voted in and forming a unity government with the PLO? Was done right before Israel had to "protect" itself.
www.juancole.com...

edit on 14-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

The difference is that Israel is retaliating against a terrorist regime that is using human shields while trying to kill Israeli civilians.

As for elected government, as long as Hamas is in the picture and refuses to renounce their charter, nothing will change.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The difference is that Israel is retaliating against a terrorist regime that is using human shields while trying to kill Israeli civilians.

As for elected government, as long as Hamas is in the picture and refuses to renounce their charter, nothing will change.

So you are saying the ones that have killed 3 citizens are intentionally targeting them but the ones that have killed over 1800 are not?

They denounced their charter when they took office in 2006 and you know this, you where on the threads that it was said but you are ignoring it so your opinion will not change.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Extremist, ultra-right nationalist government is in Israel as well - will that change?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So people have to be shipped to gas chambers for them to be compared with Nazis? Maybe you should actually start listening to the thugs that represent Israel. The people of Gaza did elect a government to oppose the gang of criminals and thugs that make up the Israeli government. It would help if the people of Israel would start voting in people that want a two state solution and are against the constant building of illegal settlements.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Really, Hamas has recognized Israel's right to exist?

That's news to me and the rest of the world.

Do you have any evidence?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

It was left wing in 2005 when Israel handed over control of Gaza to Fatah and relinquished additional territory by forcefully removing 40,000 jewish settlers.

That approach worked out really well.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

www.haaretz.com...

Meshal: Hamas accepts a two state solution.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The government of Israel is not opposed to a two state solution if Hamas is out of the picture.

If Fatah was in control of Gaza as well as the West Bank, those talks would commence.

How is Israel supposed to negotiate a two state solution when half the Palestinians are represented by a terrorist regime that is sworn to Israel's destruction?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

As was evident during the breakdown in communications among the Political and Military wings of Hamas when several ceasefires were broken during this conflict, it is clear that Meshal does not speak on behalf of all the factions of Hamas.

Their charter still hasn't been changed, and their leadership is as fractured as ever.

Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

You said they adhere to their charter they don't, you said the won't recognise Israel they will. They didn't fire the first shots in the war, Israel did. Don't get me wrong I think Hamas is despicable but that is not going to get me to hold up Israel as some beacon of morality when they are not.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Renounced, and yet it remains there, no?

Do you believe words over actions?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Renounced, and yet it remains there, no?

Do you believe words over actions?

I am sure if it was burned and shot into space it wouldn't stop you all from bringing it up, you seem to forget that Israel has a similar charter and it is a lot more recent than hamas', you equally as outraged about that too?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't know what still needs to be debated here. The OP is trying to statistical data to prove intent.

Israel's only defence has been that Hamas is using civilians as human shields. By Israel's own admission, they are including civilians in their targets. Charles use of stats is nothing but obfuscation from the fact that Israel has no concern for the safety of Gaza civilians since Israel knew they were there and fired anyway.

The only defence from pro-israel when I present this case is "what would you do" and "how would you like it." They simply cannot deny that Israel is attacking with complete disregard for the lives of those that ARE NOT firing rockets. Then I have bbracker telling me that if they are too stupid to leave then they deserve it. Can you imagine if attitudes like these were given legitimacy by the global community? It would be the end of humanity...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It was left wing in 2005 when Israel handed over control of Gaza to Fatah and relinquished additional territory by forcefully removing 40,000 jewish settlers.

You know those territory are unlawfully occupied - do you?

Those settlements were built on land that does not belongs to them and whole world still condemns current Israel government on CONTINUING of building on occupied territory.

Just imagine world outcry if USA started building USA cities in Iraq or Afghanistan, if you unable to understand what occupied really means.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

You know those territory are unlawfully occupied - do you?

Those settlements were built on land that does not belongs to them and whole world still condemns current Israel government on CONTINUING of building on occupied territory.

Just imagine world outcry if USA started building USA cities in Iraq or Afghanistan, if you unable to understand what occupied really means.

That's it in a nutshell!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join