It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news actor Robin Williams found dead

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CINY8
It's happened to more than one. A hoax right before they really die

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I feel horrible for his family. Depression and substance abuse are dark and powerful demons (his last stint in rehab was this year).

As with all death, it is those left behind that are the ones who suffer the most. Suicide is a decision that you force on those who love you.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
For the side hurting laughs, I thank you.
For the sheer tidal waves of jokes you delivered, from such kind eye's that now I think of it always seemed to show an inner sadness. I thank you.

For those more serious roles you took and absolutely tore at my heart strings, I thank you.

Something about your fuzzy arms no longer cuddling the world with your heart makes the world seem somehow very much darker today.

But still I thank you for what you gave. You leave us a mountain of your acting, but now that you're gone it feels like Everest has been stolen.

Thank you Robin Williams, Rest in Peace.
For those who've seen Louie, I sure hope he makes good on his promise to be there.

edit on 12-8-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Just here to give my deepest condolences. What a tragic loss for the planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: CINY8

Wow. I wonder if he heard about it and decided to turn the joke on its head (depending on how long he's been planning this). I hope he left a good-bye video for his fans, with some good yucks in it. I just told someone about this and she said 'You never know' someone.

I didn't see a hoax story when I went to that page.

Please. Why would he kill himself as a prank? I hope you are joking.

Believe it or not, people do not plan suicides out, as in a long term plan, where they would make a goodbye world video. It's done in a moment of despair. Had something or somebody interrupted him at the time and he hadn't done this today, tomorrow he might not want to at all.

Yes people contemplate suicide and might think about it for many years, but to actually go through with it, is in a moment of impulsiveness and hopelessness. II's why it's not always common to leave suicide notes. I hardly think he cared about making videos for fans.

I do hope this brings some awareness to suicide. So people can have a better understanding. Take this seriously if a loved one says they are thinking about it. Often they get the worst responses like attention seeking, selfishness, cowardly. Or cheer up.

Anyone who feels this way should call a crisis line and talk to sympathetic people who won't say these things. It can help. A friendly voice will answer and let you unburden yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is where I offer my words of condolences to family and friends. I will remember him for the joy he brought to us, since I was a kid. man...I am kind of in shock, and feel a bit numb at the moment. Not really sure what to say, but I will try.

While I did not know Robin personally, his energy touched me, as it did so many others, over the decades, and decades. He will be sorely missed by many including myself.

For someone who brought so much Joy, laughter and happiness to this world. It is sad he struggled with finding his own inner peace.

edit on 11-8-2014 by zysin5 because: I hope that he be remembered for the joy he brought to the world.

edit on 12-8-2014 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Not sure why people find some of these Hollywood actors who are on Cocaine,Addicted to alcohol,and other prescription medication end up with suicide.Do not understand why people get so shocked.

Came home from work and found out Robin Williams commited suicide and it did not shock me.

Why are you posting this in a thread where people are sad and upset why point are you trying to make? He was just a person like me and you!...correction most are like me because most people have empathy for others!

People are so shocked not because of anything you said but because this brilliant man is dead!! Someone we all loved and knew as a COMEDIC AND DRAMATIC ICON! We hurt because of that because we tend to have compassion for others...

This is who you sound like when you say "these Hollywood actors"

I think Robin would not only find this video humorous but also agree with me....

P.S. your comments while you are entitled to them, definitely NOT cool!

Pax

edit on 8/12/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
R.I.P Robin. With love.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CINY8
I am so sad about this! I grew up watching so many of his movies and shows. I know he had past issues with depression, etc but still shocking.

Oddly enough, just yesterday there was a big internet hoax about him passing away. I can't recall who it was now but I know this same thing happened to another actor that died right after a hoax.

Rumors of the actor’s alleged demise gained traction on Sunday after a ‘R.I.P. Robin Williams’ Facebook page attracted nearly one million of ‘likes’. Those who read the ‘About’ page were given a believable account of the American actor’s passing: “At about 11 a.m. ET on Sunday (August 10, 2014), our beloved actor Robin Williams passed away. Robin Williams was born on July 21, 1951 in Chicago. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”

Internet hoax

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
He was a brilliant stand up comedian and his death is truly tragic. But while the mainstream media tries to focus our attention on the deaths of idols, the world continues to be reduced to ruins.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
As Billy Joel would say "only the good die young." Rest In Paradise Robin Williams. You are forever loved and missed.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Its just so sad it had to go this far, but now you will forever be a shining star.

Rest in paradise robin.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

so sad...been in shock today...robin was one of a kind....aah showing clips on the news...I just feel so sad...he made us all laugh...and his serious rolls were brilliant....rip mr williams

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I sit here in shock and think about what his gentle humor and bold drama meant to me. I won't tell you some amazing story about how he saved my life with his acting, or that his comedy moved me to inspiration and divine enlightenment. I can't tell you I met the man personally and had lunch with him accompanied by some deep conversation

but he made me smile...for an hour and a half depending on the movie, my heart smiled and I'll be damned if that doesn't mean more to me than most experiences I've ever had

I do prefer his dramas to his comedies...DPS, GMV, Patch Adams...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sad day! While we don't have all the facts yet on what motivated Robin to presumably take his own life. There are many questions yet unanswered. Many factors could've played a role from mental illness, to taking specific medication that in some cases depending on the drug could have depression and or suicidal tendencies such as the warnings provided by Big Pharma in their commercials as side effects. Other factors the inability to cope with specific events that are yet unknown to us or may never be known that may have had traumatic effect on his life.

I would love to hear the take on what psychologists propose could have been done if anything to prevent Robins passing or take a page from Robin and help others avoid similar fate when the facts are presented.

It is without a doubt that Robin helped bring smiles to many families for decades and yet to see such a positive contributor in what appears to be mental anguish leave us in the way he did is very saddening indeed. My hope is that he is in a better place, RIP Robin sometimes you don't know how much you miss a person until there gone.

edit on 12-8-2014 by RobertDeniro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was shocked as well.. we really didn't need to lose another one of our good guys right now..

A sad day indeed.. It is strange, I was just thinking of What Dreams May Come the last couple of nights too.. dang.
I think Dead Poets Society was my favorite of his.. "What will your verse be?"

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

Damn. Why is it always the good guys that hang themselves and not the villains of the world? RIP brother, you'll be missed.

edit on 12/8/2014 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd
Funny, first thing I thought of was what dreams may come. It ironic that he is kind of in the position as his wife was in that movie.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
I just watched him in a new movie the other day "The angriest man in NY" It was sad cause he died at the end and now this.
Wow R.I.P Robin Williams.

Way to go and spoil his last movie.... Good thinkin...

0.o

Why is this super spoiler comment still standing?

But you know... So many suicides and overdoses in the celeb world... Makes you realise that perhaps being rich and famous isn't all it cracked up to be...

Maybe their ego's become so large and then 1 day... No-one cares and they become depressed... I dunno... Maybe there is no correllation and just one of those things. I dunno...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join