It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news actor Robin Williams found dead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Damn thats really sad, I don't know what to say but I really liked Robin Williams. I hope he's in a much better place now.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

Re: Robin Williams death

Expect that there is a lot more to this story. His strings were being pulled and his resolved tested.

Robin died with the following aspects:
1. Pluto (transit) opposite his natal Mars and Uranus
2. Saturn and Mars (transit) conjunct natal Ascendant

Pluto opposite natal Uranus:

"One problem during this time is extreme over-reaction, with an all-or-nothing approach to every problem. There’s also the possibility that these powerful external forces may be pushing you to make changes you don’t feel ready to make."

Pluto opposite natal Mars:

"If you put yourself in dangerous situations you may be exposed to violence, and in extreme situations, be the victim of violence."

Simply put for Saturn transit his Ascendant - he may feel the need for serious questioning and introspection of his life and direction.

Simply put for Mars transit his Ascendant - increased energy, and desire to fight. however, it could be seriously defensive energy and this aspect causes accidents and injuries. I bring up and emphasize the defensive energy given all the other aspects.

In other words, I believe that someone(s) pushed Robin to suicide. The why, well that's up for debate and chances are we will never really know the truth.

/Edit:
I should add that it's Robin's natal Mars conjunct Uranus that gave him the energy and unpredictability in life. It's not exactly surprising that his death came when Pluto opposed these aspects.

Cheers!

edit on 11-8-2014 by WCmutant because: adding more, Robin's aspect

edit on 11-8-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
RIP Robin
Thank you for teaching me to never grow up

No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
Robin Williams

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Aw man, Robin
There are so few in comedy who make the world go 'round, and he was one of them

Hook was my favorite movie of his, just awesome. It's one of those films where I can't help but stop everything and sit down for a watch. And The Birdcage is also one I can't channel surf past when it's on.

Jakob the Liar was a good serious role of his. I still can't believe it was considered "comedy" to a point, that to me was straight up drama. My husband loves What Dreams May Come, he says it's his most under-appreciated work. I tend to agree, it was a touching story that was well-delivered. It never got the recognition it deserved.

R.I.P Robin, here's to hoping you're still making people laugh & smile wherever you are.
edit on 8/11/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
one of the first shows I can remember watching faithfully was Mork and Mindy and I have loved Robin Williams sicnce.

Sad day Nanu nanu Mork.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I don't have enough words to honor this great man.
Godspeed, Sir Williams.
Thank you for so many beautiful memories.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh Captain, my Captain.

Stand up for what you believe in.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Heavens entertainment venue just turned 5 stars, apparently he was offered a price he couldn't refuse.

It's almost unfair that all the great comics are dead.

I'll bet all the dead are splitting their metaphorical guts as we speak.

Robin: "Hey Jesus, stop me if you heard this one. A Canadian, Uncle Sam and Osama Bin Laden were kicking a Jeanie lamp down the road unawares and out pops a Jeanie.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

In my opinion this was in the top 2 of the best films he ever did!! I love this movie!

Pax

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Who cares what you respect? Depression is a real illness with real consequences. It's not always something you can just pull yourself out of because some jagoff on the Internet thinks so.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Its so ironic that a guy who brought so many people so many laughs and so much joy could not make himself happy.

I will never understand depression. I really feel heavy hearted right now..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

In my opinion this was in the top 2 of the best films he ever did!! I love this movie!

Pax

I saw DPS when I was about 8, and it changed my life, even at that young. His non-comedy movies were his best, IMHO. That movie taught me so much about being your own person, writing your own verse, and shouting your mighty YAWP for all the world to hear. To live out loud and stand for what you believe in. He was brilliant especially when he wasn't expected to "be on" all the time. He was far deeper than anyone ever realized. I'm crushed.

edit on 11-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Don't forget "Good Morning Vietnam" (I haven't seen anyone mention it)

Man, this sucks, he was the one of the most iconic comedians EVER.

What a crappy day. RIP Robin.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

There seemed a torch passed when Jonathan went into
semi-retirement... maybe just a rubber chicken. There
was a great talent-- that could make people laugh and be
happy while fighting off everything inside.

Sometimes we need comedy to cross-addict into--
sometimes it isn't enough. That's why the tears at
first, Skep.. too close to home.
So long to another fellow class clown, and a clown with class.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The funniest people are invariably depressed... stressing "funniest." It's a "go mad or laugh" situation.

That said, too bad we couldn't offer up Carrot Top, instead, to appease the funny celebrity eating death gods so rampant lately.

Someone said he was close to Carlin... nah, but he was talented and a sweet guy from all accounts.

Really too bad in the way that it's horrible when anyone dies... not just a celeb that people feel they know because they saw them a lot.

But I saw him a lot... and I'm sad.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll miss you!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more. I remember just sobbing through this movie...so poignant to so many! In fact gonna watch this with my 18 year old daughter in a couple of days! She is a writer and a lover of literature and poetry and she will definitely get it!

I feel so numb to this news, still feels like a bad dream...I am just stunned! What a wonderful genius he was and I bet he never even realized it.....

Pax

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
from mork and mindy to night at the museum he made me laugh

from good morning vietnam to aladdin he made me laugh

goodnight robin,movie legend, gbnf

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've heard that some people go through extreme depression after open heart surgeries. He just had one if I'm not mistaken..

I loved his professional material, he was a great comedic artist. RIP
edit on 11-8-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh my God! I'm so shocked! He was one of the funniest people I ever saw. His improv skills were phenomenal. He will be missed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join