It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news actor Robin Williams found dead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

They must have just changed the page. The quote I copied in was from the same page when I posted it.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Before I became a truckdriver, I was a Registered Nurse. I had the pleasure of taking care of Mr. Williams after his open-heart surgery in Cleveland, Ohio.

He never stopped joking, even after a serious procedure such as this. He was so full of life, a kind and gentle soul. He will be missed.

link   
live here in the sonoma county wine country. his brother, todd williams (he was the bartender in the restaurant in mrs. doubtfire) owned the toad hollow winery in healdsburg, ca. until his own death a few years ago. robin would stop by the winery from time to time and joke with the people in the tasting room for a few minutes while visiting his brother.

loved him in insomnia, the fisher king, as the genie and batty koda, his guest spot on law&order: s.v.u. and many, many more. his appearance on inside the actors studio is the most popular show in that shows history.

his stand up show, robin williams live on broadway is one of the funniest comedy shows that i will ever see and hear.

last year, he sold his mansion in the napa valley for $30,000,000.
img2.timeinc.net...

link   
Are you @#$%^!& serious Robin?

RIP

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Crazy....Never thought a guy like Robin would take his own life..He was so full of life. lots of people/friends will be scratching their heads at this.

RIP Robin...you entertained me to no end.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Can't help try'n to understand this. So many nice things written here by our members.
Get'n old is a very hard thing for us to face I think. Seems not everyone is capable.
Nice pic.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You know, I wonder what he would think of the sorrow of his passing, the multitude of people that felt such a close connection and love for him,

Really so sad

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

what a cruel thing to do to his family.. no matter what i loose all respect for him

It is statements like this that deeply stigmatize people with mental illness and keep them from seeking help! I encourage you to educate yourself on Bipolar disorder also known as Manic Depressive. I could put a link up but decided a google search will give you more information... People who suffer with mental illness have enough challenges to overcome without people like you judging them and blaming them.

To be so critical of someone obviously suffering is to be callus and uncaring.

People who commit suicide are no longer able to reason things out rationally. Do you honestly think someone in their "right" mind takes their own life? when that cloud of darkness swallows you up there is no light at the end of the tunnel...for there is no tunnel, do you understand?

Just one question, why would you post something so judgmental and critical in a thread where people are really upset and effected by his death....What purpose did it serve? I am sure most of us here could care less if you lost respect for Robin Williams because this is not about YOU this is about HIM....Narcissism, is also a mental disorder....

Pax

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

Very sad day and a great loss to the entertainment industry. His humor always struck me as super-intelligent, very witty and his character - Mrs Doubtfire, is still his crowning achievement, imo.

Robin Williams RIP, you will be missed.

Nanu Nanu

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just woke up. I was waiting for someone to tell me this was yet another tasteless hoax.
I can't wrap my brain around it. I can't accept it. I am in denial.
Truly, I loved him. As an actor, as a comedian. And literally as long as I can remember. Mork & Mindy

Rest In Peace, Robin. If only you could have been as happy as you made the world. May your new journey bring you peace and freedom.
You will be greatly missed. By generations.
edit on 8/11/2014 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
RIP Robin Williams

Good Morning Vietnam

Mork and Mindy

Mrs Doubtfire

:-(
leolady

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Aladdin

What Dreams May Come

Dead Poets Society

The Birdcage

NIght at the Museum

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Moscow on the Hudson, he was great in that movie.
I guess this proves once again that money can`t buy happyness.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I forgot about Aladdin! Oh that was great. He was amazing. Such an amazing entertainer.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The World According to Garp
Popeye
Toys
edit on 8/11/2014 by WanDash because: forgot Toys

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
"Good Will Hunting" for sure, "Dead Poets Society" and nobody has mentioned "Awakenings" yet. That is the one where he is a doctor and his mental patients all wake up from their somnambulistic states, and interact with the world. One of my very favorite movies of his. I liked his serious roles best (and of course, "Aladdin" - who didn't love the Genie?). This is terribly sad news.

Rest in Peace, Robin. We will forever miss your incredible talent, and the joy you brought us all.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nanu, nanu, Robin. Thank for so many moments that lifted my spirit during my down times, entertained and inspired me with your amazing quick wit, shed tears at your inspiring interpretation of some roles. How could anyone not remember you forever? You made this planet a better place. Now allow me a moment of sadness at our loss. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

"It's [addiction] -- not caused by anything, it's just there," Williams said. "It waits. It lays in wait for the time when you think, 'It's fine now, I'm OK.' Then, the next thing you know, it's not OK. Then you realize, 'Where am I? I didn't realize I was in Cleveland.'"

Link

So true. He had such an amazing way of expressing himself.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That is not the news I am waiting for today. I met him first as Mork from Orc and ever since he conquered a special place in my heart no actor ever has been gone before. When I did watch him in talk shows it was as if he was still in character.

No, this is not the news I wanted to hear today. Strange that many great comic actors are bi-polar and can suffer deep depressions.

Rest in peace Robin, and thanks for the smiles and laughter you gave me. You checked out much too soon.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join