It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news actor Robin Williams found dead

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Such a funny man. Love his movie Jack. The part where they are in the tree house and the tree house falls to the ground is great!

He was in such a deep dark place in his life. They said he went to rehab recently but looking back now it was too late for him. He had gone too long. It saddens me that a man great at making other people feel good and laugh was unable to do so for himself.

The old me would criticize him for being selfish and greedy for taking his life. I am at peace with this however. I knew he fought hard for many many years. It's a disease and it finally caught up to him. I truly believe he is in a much better place. This was not the Robin Williams that killed himself...it was a shell of Robin Williams, an impostor.

A pic from last month. Looking at it now you can see the sadness in his eyes. RIP Robin you will be greatly missed

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Star Whackers!!! Somewhere, Randy Quaid is curled up in the corner trembling.

RIP Robin. You were one funny dude.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You know that's how I feel. Shocked that it bothers me this much.
I know when Ali goes that will be hard.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It surprises me how many people don't seem to understand that being depressed and depression are two utterly different things. Kinda like being hungry and actual starvation. Might seem the same but they're not. Not even remotely close.

As for the comment about his being a dealer based on the drug charges brought against him several years ago, it's based upon the quantity of drugs you're holding. Above a certain amount and the legal system considers it beyond personal use and 'intent to distribute'. He was a very wealthy man. He could afford to stock-up.

With all the politicians that we wouldn't miss it's a shame that someone like Robin had to go.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

He wouldn't want us to be sad.

A long apparently stressful career.
That insane nanosecond when the fabric of the universe starts to tear and separate your memories from the heart.
Maybe he had a ticket for a flight into the quantum foam aboard Jack's Starship.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

At the risk of sounding harsh, suicide forfiets want and
creates sadness. I'm not sad for myself either. I'm very sad
for Robin. Some who can bring hapiness as he did? They deserve
to die happy at least.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A tragic event, like any suicide, and highlights a larger tragedy that seems to affect Western Countries, certainly the UK. The last statistics I found showed a suicide rate in males of 18 per 100,000 (Compared to around 3 per 100,000 in women). They make up 77% of all reported suicides in UK. It seems apparent to me that male's mental health is being failed in the UK. I'd be interested to see USA figures to see if this is also a problem.
edit on 12-8-2014 by twfau because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by twfau because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

A pic from last month. Looking at it now you can see the sadness in his eyes. RIP Robin you will be greatly missed

The sadness was always apparent in Robin Williams' eyes. We were so lucky that such a brave and courageous empath graced us with his insight into the human condition for as long as he did.

Indeed, "the Genii is free now".

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Then apparently he didn't think things through thoroughly.

I'm just as shocked as many here but suicide is upsetting to those left behind. Even if it's rational in certain cases.

Only Robin knows if it was worth it now.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Please will somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I've spent all day trying to make sense of this, but isn't there a scene in Good Will Hunting where there is a hanging scene?

Rainbows
Jane

PS....nope, think it was Dead Poets Society??????????????
edit on 12-8-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

You know, it always bothers me a little when people bash others who commit suicide, by claiming they are being selfish. My thought is that it is selfish of the people left behind to demand that someone continue to suffer just to make it easier for them. If someone I care about is in horrible pain, I want the pain to end for them. You should try everything (meds, counseling, meditation, etc.), but if nothing works, then for God's sake, end the pain. Don't hang around suffering just for me.

I'm not really directing this to you, just making a general statement.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't think it is so shocking when they guy was a concaine addict at one time and an alcoholic for most of His life when He got older.Seems He tried to hide this from the public for the most part of His life.The next big name star will come before to long that is addicted to drugs or alcohol or depression drugs.
Remember all the teens who have done massacre shootings.All addicted to prescription drugs and was not taking them correctly.And had no real support.Same thing going on with Hollywood suicides with actors.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: randyvs

Apparently, that's EXACTLY what he/they wanted.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well..it's a day later and after getting back home from work, and after listening to tributes to Robin all morning long..the world just seems a little less cool right now..it still sucks. Big time.

To be perfectly honest, it's hard to believe. Like many others, Mr Williams touched me through some of his awesome drama movies, he had me in stitches with Live at the Met, he entertained the hell out of me with any comedy he'd be in. Here's a secret that no one knows; Mr Williams and I share the same birth date, July 21st and I'd been secretly wishing him a happy birthday every year, since I was a kid.

Next year will be different for sure..but I will always remember him as what he was. A great artist.

My prayers are with him and his family. Goodbye Mr Williams.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
People blowing this out of proportion...

One man died... Yes, an iconic figure but not a Nobel Prize winner for crying out loud...

Yes, I did also grow up with his films but.... really?

Yesterday, the radio disc jokey had to pause and break because he was getting so emotional.

This morning, practically every single TV station... oh dear lord... feels like a Michael Jackson funeral all over again. Hopefully this time, if a funeral goes down like that, somebody better figure out who needs to pay the bill first...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My favorite character of his was in the movie Goodwill Hunting. I think that was as close as he got to playing himself.

I also loved his character Mork, and nobody will ever top his Popeye character. Such a talented Man. I hope he is in peace now. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
RIP Robin.

He is a legend.

My personal favorites will always be Patch Adams, Awakenings, The Fisher King, and Bicentennial Man.
edit on 12-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

May Flights of Angels Sing Thee to Thy Rest, sweet Prince..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe he killed himself because he felt like he wasn't funny anymore. IMO, he lost his touch. In the mid 90s, he started to make really really sappy movies.

Tom Hanks is another one that makes pure sap now.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Something dark and evil reached into this world and killed a lot of good by taking this wonderful soul from us...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join