It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news actor Robin Williams found dead

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Nothing noble about suicide, addicts are very self-absorbed, its all about them, now his kids will live with this everyday, way to go Robin, your selfishness knew no boundaries, and it doesn't now.

Good life I hope to his family he left behind.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi

Addiction is a disease, I hope you realize that. So is depression, people can't just make themselves happy, the brain doesn't work like that. Depression causes chemical imbalances and medication for depression can cause suicidal thoughts.

Patients who take selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Prozac (fluoxetine), Paxil (paroxetine) or Zoloft (sertraline) may experience side effects such as violent behavior, mania or aggression, which can all lead to suicide.

Every year, 30,000 people in the United States die by suicide, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Among those who are diagnosed with major depressive disorder (MDD), seven out of 100 men and one out of 100 women will commit suicide. For every suicide, there are 11 suicide attempts.

source

Now, I'm not saying that is the case with Robin Williams, but it's a possibility. So before you call him selfish and self absorbed think about that. He was sick.

edit on 12-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The sadness was always apparent in Robin Williams' eyes.

Windword I'm amazed at the insights we often share.
I couldn't agree with you more. It's even noticeble in his acting.

edit on Rpm81214v45201400000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This seems almost so unreal. I would like to hear accounts from his friends and family. Hanging himself with a belt sounds hard enough on its on, but even if someone is depressed it has to be very bad to do it in the same house your house is sleeping in. This is a very tragic event, it just seems like many of these tragic events should not have happened

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi
Nothing noble about suicide, addicts are very self-absorbed, its all about them, now his kids will live with this everyday, way to go Robin, your selfishness knew no boundaries, and it doesn't now.

How ignorant of you.
With addicts its not all about them, its all about the drug. The drug controls them they are powerless. Addiction is a disease not a choice.
Your post disgusts me

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Wealth and fame do not make you happy or immune to problems.

Well, for a Dr....that's not very empathetic or sympathetic, but pretty factual of you.
Glad you're not my Dr.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

If I could do a negative star I would.
Why do people who can see in a thread like this, where posters are showing their grief, feel it's OK to come along and post such negativity towards the person who has passed on with no respect at all for the people who are left mourning, sympathising and empathising with Robin's family?

"If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all" Thumper

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
People blowing this out of proportion...
One man died... Yes, an iconic figure but not a Nobel Prize winner for crying out loud...

Well, when Al Gore, Barack Obama, The European Union, The United Nations, Yasser Arafat & Shimon Peres have all won the Nobel Prize for "Peace" (among others who did not deserve it) - the prize has lost any luster it may have had at one time.

People loved the man. People are grieving. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't make them wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Addiction is a disease? The jury still out on that one. Thanks for all the links, but maybe there is quite a few of us that believe addiction is also a choice for some. Someone that has been injured during their job, or from a car accident who becomes addicted or dependent on prescription drugs to deal with pain is the saddest and most unwarranted kind of addiction, and I do understand how people can become dependent on them.

Cocaine and booze doesn't cut it for me.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi

Well ain't you the lucky one living in your ivory tower of self indulgent ignorance

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Obsidian_Butterfly

What a wonderful clip, thank you!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You have just added to the suffering his family is now enduring, you insensitive a$$hat! It isn't selfishness to want pain to end. Ask any bone cancer patient. The pain of depressive episodes is just as real and worse, misunderstood. May you experience the wicked fury of such hopelessness depression brings. It seems to me that you are the self absorbed party here, not Mr. Williams. Do us a favour, don't go away mad, just go away and come back when you grow up.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Today. Like tomorrow 85 people will commit suicide. Such a shame RW suicide is making everyone care about suicide...oh yhea that's right he famous.

Give some thought to the other 84 people who killed themselves yesterday...and the 85 today... shame they aren't famous or they may get your attention.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think we all miss him and are affected so greatly by his passing because we feel like he represented a "fun" side to this game called life. He showed us, through his talent, how to "FEEL". He showed us happiness and he also showed us the "dark side" that can exist in a human being through his movies but also in real life too. He was fighting a mighty battle for years...Bi-Polar Disorder is a horrible disease as well as addiction. Some folks forget that addictions are classified as illness.

There was a sweetness and yet an underlying sadness about the man...you could see this on talk shows where he appeared. He fought a good, long fight against his "demons" and sadly, he lost.

Sure, he was not a Nobel Prize winner as someone mentioned...and that has relevance how? Anyone ever really look at the list of those prize winners...some of the worst tyrants and psychos in this world win that prize!! If there was a prize for being human and caring and bringing joy to people, he should have got that one though! In a world gone mad, where everything seems bassackwards, a person such as Robin, with the talent to entertain people and help folks forget the horrors and problems in this world, even if just for a little while....well, someone like that does make a difference in this world!

Folks that condemn his suicide...deeply depressed people often don't feel like they have a choice. As for him causing his family suffering because of it...who knows. Not every family is like the old timey "Ozzie and Harriet" show or a Norman Rockwell family of perfection. Sometimes people that are terribly abused and hurt by family commit suicide...especially if they have issues of their own. Not all families are great to be around. I'm not saying this is the case but still...there is a lot we don't know. I had a pal once who talked of suicide once just so she could get away from her vulture family. Luckily, she left and is ok.

Bi-Polar illness requires many hard core medications that can sometimes make the problem worse instead of better...if you get a doc that isn't concerned about proper doses or reactions to same, you can end up in trouble. Some anti-depressants cause suicide ideation like some SSRIs. Lithium to control the Manic phase can actually cause too much of a down turn. I was on Lithium once a long time ago and just cried all the time. Luckily, my problem burned itself out and no meds needed. Some of those meds are brutal.

Addiction...many folks become addicts because of horrible things that have happened to them in their life...we just don't know what his entire life was like. Trying to suppress bad, horrible memories can sometimes cause one to self medicate...so all those that are judging this poor soul ought to think more relevant to it all. It is not all such a simple, easy, black and white picture!

Love you Robin! You brought light and joy to many a life. No one is perfect but that doesn't mean we can't still "see" the good that was in them and honor that...there is no shame in that!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: resistanceisfutile

I was, if you had bothered to read my previous posts on this matter.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: resistanceisfutile Actually, his suicide IS bringing attention to the problem more. All day, I have been reading on the web and hearing on tv about how suicide and mental illness in this country is a major problem and often under treated or wrongly treated. Sometimes it takes the tragic death of a famous person to actually remind us all again about the problem. In that regard, the media attention relevant to his passing may actually serve a purpose and do some small measure of good in that area. The only concern I have is that it doesn't go too far the other way...giving SSRIs to toddlers and the like. Talk therapy can be helpful for depression too.

On the contrary, even our local news stations have been talking about the tragedy and problem of suicides and the need for help that some folks are in dire need of...this shocking death may actually cause more folks to be more attentive/observant to a family member suffering mental illness and get that person to receive help, who knows.

Every mans death diminishes us.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I met Robin while doing Awakenings, we kept in touch last time I spoke with him was novemberish 2013.

He was a very smart and funny person and he will be sorely missed.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I was just watching my local tv news and they not only mentioned the importance of getting help for depression and the suicide hotline info for locals here but also had a heart warming story to report. Robin came to do an advert for help relevant to St. Judes Hospital for children with cancer. The news report interviewed a boy that had been a cancer patient there 7 years ago when Robin was there. He said that Mr. Williams stayed and visited with him all day and was so very kind to him and funny and made him feel better. They kept in touch also from what I understand. Thankfully, the little boy has been cancer free for 7 yrs. He had tears in his eyes because of the fond memories he had for a wonderful individual who was caring and kind and took the time out of his busy life to befriend this stricken boy.

Some wonderful info coming to the fore about acts of kindness and charity and compassion that Robin left as his legacy. I feel like folks should remember and honor those good memories of the man instead of concentrating on his illnesses, (addiction and depression) and whatever few short comings he may have had. Blessings to a "funny", sweet angel.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
in Russia has a "twin brother" of Mrs. Doubtfire Talgat TaJUDdin bezformata.ru... also an actor plays the role of the Mufti on the screen TV and in life rather leads Muslims in the desired j*ws direction
edit on 12/8/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

How ignorant of you.
With addicts its not all about them, its all about the drug. The drug controls them they are powerless. Addiction is a disease not a choice.
Your post disgusts me

Yours is equally disgusting, it tells me that I fluked out and was able to quit all my addictions.

BUT, it may give some insight as to why the entire world is PROGRAMMED to do things by another source, a source most do not see, few tweaks here, a few there, and you can control a whole world.

IT IS all about them , the Drug makes them feel like they are balanced, but why did they fall to it in the first place ? can be many things, but please do not say the drugs absolutely HAVE YOU , cause I KNOW THEY DONT HAVE ME.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join