It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news actor Robin Williams found dead

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: alphacenturi

Well ain't you the lucky one living in your ivory tower of self indulgent ignorance

Or you, luckily accepting the fact that you KNOW that it is not a choice...

How come I can find many addicts of all kinds who KNOW it is a choice, are they just self-deluded ???

Tricked into believing more lies by the drugs ?

Such preposterous mainstream attitudes, no wonder not a DAM THING changes for the better with these negative nellies.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Just last Saturday night I had nothing to do so I decided to watch a little tv. Couldn't find anything to watch besides RV, not his greatest movie, but he still delivered a lovely performance.

People all talk about his comedy and improv, but what I loved the most about him was his warm smile, it was usually enough to make me feel good on a gray day (like last Saturday was proving to be, its rain season around here). It was usually in those moments when he had to deliver the performance of a warm, good hearted and caring man when he shined the most, probably because it was just him simply showing his true nature I guess.

Im really gonna miss him.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
My news channel is reporting rumours that RW was close to bankruptcy. He'd mentioned it to a few friends recently.

I don't agree with people suiciding themselves especially high profile celebs knowing the upset it will cause many followers. However I've heard all the hand wringing about depression and how the person cant help themselves. Can I ask though if it's still ok to do it because you find yourself in financial difficulties. And dont tell me somebody can be depressed because of their financial situation. There are millions of really poor people and they dont all top themselves. Theres more to life than cash.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Does sexual deviant,belt round neck,jerking off ??and Going wrong!!have any truth in it??was talking to a boston cop last night.via face book.and this was raised??Here in uk no idea what other NEWS has surfaced.?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Robin Williams is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Robin Williams." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Now you are truly free Robin. Fly.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is kinda curse of comedian. People expect you to be funny all the time and never show negative side. It brings pressure, and when laughter ends, things are going to get nasty. Its not easy to be comedian.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thebel
This is kinda curse of comedian. People expect you to be funny all the time and never show negative side. It brings pressure, and when laughter ends, things are going to get nasty. Its not easy to be comedian.

This is why most comedians hate people in general. And this thread made me hate people even a little bit more.
edit on 13-8-2014 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: midas
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Does sexual deviant,belt round neck,jerking off ??and Going wrong!!have any truth in it??was talking to a boston cop last night.via face book.and this was raised??Here in uk no idea what other NEWS has surfaced.?

They found him with superficial wounds on his wrists and a pocket knife which indicates he tried to slash his wrists first before hanging himself. This was a suicide but hey this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Wealth and fame do not make you happy or immune to problems.

Well, for a Dr....that's not very empathetic or sympathetic, but pretty factual of you.
Glad you're not my Dr.
Rainbows
Jane

I don't understand. My point is, that everyone has problems, regardless of their station in life. I don't see how that is an objectionable at all to say.

No one is immune from depression. People see a guy with money or a nice house and they can't believe that they too can be unhappy.

After coming back from the war, I've had times where I found it difficult not to find a reason to end my life. On paper, I should have a great life--money, success, more than one business. However, depression can affect every one of us.

Mr. Williams was a decent human being--rather unusual in Hollywood. Of course the world is lesser without him.

Methinks that you try too hard to find offense where there is none given nor intended.
edit on 13-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Tragic..., is all I can say. I grew up watching Happy Days (where Robin got his first shot at sitcoms), then spun-off that character to Mork and Mindy. Then to see him take on some really great roles like in Awakenings, great movie and one of my favorite movies Good Will Hunting. Sure he had some bad movies, but hey those are the ups and downs of a working actor.

Having battled (and still do to a point), with depression and substance abuse, I can only imagine how bad a state he must have been in, to go to these lengths. It's terrible. I feel for his wife, family, and close friends.

RIP Robin Williams, you were one of a kind.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

And this thread made me hate people even a little bit more.

Why?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: midas

There have been a few celebs found like that. All a bit bizarre that kind of thing. I don't comprehend it.

But I guess there are some odd people in the world and who knows the things some people like.

Either that or it might be some sort of non suicide thing, like a deliberate set made to look like it.

All a bit bizarre.

I guess the facts will surface soon enough.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It is a pity when people get depressed and either dont seek medical help or the pills dont work for them. People seem to not understand that the occult can help with depression and can be used alongside medical treatment, or on its own if medical treatment doesnt work. In fact happiness spells can have a great effect on peoples lives especialy if cast regularly. For those that dont know how to do this or want a professional here is a web site and I can say from personal experience that happiness spells do work and maybe if they were used as well as other methods then many suicides can be prevented.
Here is the link for the happiness spell.

www.spellcaster-psychic.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Everything has its equal opposite. As warm, happy, and funny as he was I'm sure his sadness was just as intense.

I can't imagine being so sad that I couldn't bring myself to take another breath.

I pray when God sees him he hugs his soul and brings him peace.

I pray this helps others who are close to making the same decision, see all the help out there and reach a bit harder to find that help they need.

One of the things I find so sad is that he seemed to understand life and people so well. Such an intelligent soul. My mom told me once when I was a kid that if we knew everything, and truly understood the world, we would die of sadness....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Its a dam shame robin was a world treasure.
an utter comic genius of the highest order

i doubt there is any conspiracy here he just succumbed to the pressures
of decades being an A list comic its so very sad

RIP robin you will be missed the world over but you work ensures you will never be forgotten

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

If you think being trapped in a tower with a coc aine addict and a drunk is all ivory, keep wearing your rose-tinted glasses, everything always looks rosy from the outside doesn't it.

edit on 13-8-2014 by alphacenturi because: no reason given

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just saw CNN reports he was suffering early signs of Parkinson's disease
edit on 14-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

was going to post that but you beat me to it....and what's wrong with these people who were being cruel to Zelda (his daughter) on public media sites...just not right to treat someone like that.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: violet
what's wrong with these people who were being cruel to Zelda (his daughter) on public media sites...just not right to treat someone like that.

We live in a World with to much political correctness and to little punishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join