It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

So I've been a lurker here on ATS for quite a while. I consider myself fairly open minded. I have a pretty broad spectrum of interests; paranormal, historical, metaphysical, physics (standard & quantum) is one of my favorite subjects. I love all of these but I often get distracted by the more social and political issues in the world, and I'm pretty outspoken when it comes to my Libertarian/Anarcho-capitalist points of view. I am also very interested in spirituality but it has always been my belief that to assume a mere mortal could even begin to comprehend its own creator, almighty or otherwise, is truly arrogant. I believe that something created all of this, all this stuff came from somewhere, but I will not pretend to be able to fathom from what, where or who. I believe that the universe we live in is all a matter of perception. When I first meet someone I think might be able to have an engaging conversation I usually ask them three questions to see how they perceive the world. If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? What color is the sky (or what color is fire)? Finally, tell me how the planets go around the sun.

Well, that's it for now, more later. Namaste.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hello! Welcome! Interesting profile... I'm pretty new myself
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Would love to chat! You seem like an interesting character

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
1.splat when it lands on the bear that was #ting in the woods ...
2. day sky or night sky ?
3.wobbly .. much the same as those on the way home from the pub after a night out ...

Welcome to the insanity .. erm ats .. the others will be along eventually with your doorprizes and survival kit.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Free stuff is always great, especially free knowledge.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
When I'm on my porch at 4am drinking a coffee in the pitch black and out of nowhere a loud crack and thud off in the distance makes me spill my coffee, yup it makes a sound.

Is one tree willing to die to allow another to live?

The sky is clear.

If the clouds were twice as dense, could Care Bears live there?

It doesn't matter to the plants so long as it can move to face the sun, besides they're more concerned with Alien abductions and harvesting their organs.

If you experienced time slower than everyone else, would you be habitually late?

welcome to ATS!

Eta: haha planets not plants! That makes more sense.

I will stick with my original statement.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SentientEruditeSapien
a reply to: Expat888

Free stuff is always great, especially free knowledge.

Lots free stuff around here .. but gotta be quick it gets grabbed up fast ..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The reason I ask those questions is because I always get different answers. I've never gotten the same answers from anyone. Not because there is a right or wrong answer, but because everyone has a unique perspective of the world.

Also the answers are no, none, and they don't. Zeros straight across. The answers come from the individual.

Thank you for the replies though, gives me a fuzzy feeling.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi, welcome to the crowd!

Unfortunately, from my experience - there is paranormal as long as you are not looking for any evidence for it... as soon as you ask for evidence, just like with religion, you're cast out as 'unbeliever' or someone who even ghosts are avoiding... (not sure if that is a good or bad thing tho
)

Science on the other hand is full of interesting people, and many of them would show on some evolution vs. creationism subjects...

Good luck!

ps. Don't forget, if you open your mind too much... your brain will fall out!

Song also titled 'Take my wife' to avoid of copyright issues...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Hah, yeah people have some crazy ideas and they're always going to judge each other, but there's actually nothing wrong with that. My personal belief in a creator or creating force comes directly from my understanding of quantum physics. I have read at least a dozen holy books, some more than others, none of them lead me to believe in any sort of intelligent design. In fact, the opposite was true, and I remained an atheist until the day I saw a photon make a decision. Everything I've learned about the universe leads me to believe that there is some purpose to all of this. Everything I've learned about religion and theism in general leads me to believe I am but a small part of a very lost, confused, and lonely species that has been in a perpetual state of longing for something it cannot comprehend.

top topics

join