It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: randyvs

It frustrstes me to no end im sick of trying to help others read between the lines or even just open thier eyes and take a look around to form a real opinion, instead delusions are spouted off like facts...

Im 16 years old and know this in itself helps perpetuate the sickened state mankind is in...

Please note, at 16 years of age, some of the so-called delusions are based on experiences that may be 2, 3, 4, or even 5 times your life experience levels. Yes, some opinions are a bit off, some are on, your opinion, is your opinion, not the official know all. Imagine an 8 year old telling you how sick he is of trying to explain something to you... Just tossing it out there.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: justnotnormal

Just want you to know that i was not the one who said "and thats all thier is to it" i also do not need you to help clarify anything for me...

age and experience may help you gain wisdom but it does not supercede comon sense or knowledge when forming thoughts

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

a reply to: justnotnormal

Just want you to know that i was not the one who said "and thats all thier is to it" i also do not need you to help clarify anything for me...

age and experience may help you gain wisdom but it does not supercede comon sense or knowledge when forming thoughts

You may thnk what you want, and I may do the same... Once again, just putting something in to perspective. Do you think an 8 year old could understand the world around them as well as you? Your brain is a sponge... Data collected over time is processed and stored to form opinions. The more data collected, the more you have to base thoughts and opinions on. Now it's up to all of us to place, or mis-place the end thought... but age does mean something in this world. Not always, but certainly the majority of time.

i would never look down on someone for their age, higher, or lower, but i know that I learn more from those senior to me. The "I know it all" attitude is common in all age groups... The people that are twice your age will look at you the same way you likley look at an 8 year old. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I assume that is directed at me, so I'll bite. There is no legitimate reason outside of dire situations to steal. None. This shooting is an excuse, a prime opportunity to acquire goods at a Smash & Grab Five-Finger Discount rate. Nothing else to that, a thief is a thief. They don't need real reasons, but they're flush with ample excuses. The shooting is just one that works for them at the moment, an excuse to steal.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I assume that is directed at me, so I'll bite. There is no legitimate reason outside of dire situations to steal. None. This shooting is an excuse, a prime opportunity to acquire goods at a Smash & Grab Five-Finger Discount rate. Nothing else to that, a thief is a thief. They don't need real reasons, but they're flush with ample excuses. The shooting is just one that works for them at the moment, an excuse to steal.

Thank you for replying to his post... I recall the Rodney King riots in 1992. Wrong doing by the Police, yes!
Excuse to run wild stealing and looting, no.

I am sure someone born 30 years before me can add a similar "riot" before I was born as well. Bad excuse to do bad things.

edit on 11-8-2014 by justnotnormal because: sp.

edit on 11-8-2014 by justnotnormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
As wrong as rioting and looting is it can effect change.

Average American citizens have squat say so with the police . And poor minorities have even less .

Who can force the police to change short of the federal over sight?

The city manager / mayor county council men and city council men. These guys can pressure a Sheriff or police chief to change the department rules.

If they ignore the masses of asking for change what next ? How long have some areas been screaming about police killing suspects? Who can force them to act?

Where they get most of their money ? Who pays for elections who has the most sway to a elected official in most cities the business owners and operators .

How can they get the elected officials ears to listen to them ? Then they still ignore the masses what next ?

Force the business owners and operators to help . No help ?

Enough disruption of society in general , enough disruption of services and enough disruption of cash flow will force the business owners and operators to push for a stable business environment . Like political pressure on city manager / mayor county council men and city council men so they can operate . Which in turn puts pressure on the police chiefs and sheriffs.

All of this could be avoided if there is a meaningful way to have grievances heard and changes put in place. Now a cop can literally get away with murder.

Rioting and Looting is wrong but sometimes its the only way disenfranchised people can be heard.

I have seen cities wait till riots happen and the feds have to come in and force changes in the police force. A citizens oversight committee could have solved many problems.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

I responded to your post long ago, this tells me my old friend must have sent you a pm to bring you back to stir the pot for him and garner him a star, cause the other one is from his other account I'm sure...

NM
edit on 11-8-2014 by justnotnormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It never surprises me in cases like this to see people, [snip], jump at the chance to turn the discussion of a real societal problem of police abuse into a race rant. I, like so many others, see whats going on in America today.
For those I mentioned earlier, the mere fact that you are not up to recent events does not give you a free ride through reality. You are being policed by military trained and equipped agencies who work under the color of authority. Every policeman within city and county jurisdictions are insured and has a well funded legal defense team to have their back when their actions are questioned.
I live in Missouri and i have no idea if the teen was armed or not. However, many others who said the same also offered their personal sediments that reek of racism. I also monitor many sites that review police occurrences. The fact many police shootings that are more than questionable are all too often ruled "justified" by fellow officers and administrators.
You, on the other hand, face the authorities and prosecutors who will place you under the microscope and has all the resources under the sun to put you in prison.
It's not a "Right" vrs. "Left" issue, It's a Constitutional issue. And if you can not change gears and discuss the issue for what it is, then I suggest you sit with the other toddlers and watch your Hannity hour or Bill O'Reilly and let all the grown ups talk.
edit on 11-8-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
One last thing to put out there... Justice needs time to work. Look at the below from here in Toronto... Charges were not immediate, and the officer was even placed on PAID leave... He shot the kid 9 times, and tazered him to boot! We were all upset in the GTA, and it seemed beyond shady. In the end, the cop was charged with 2nd degree murder. This was not expected, but North American invincible blue blood is not as strong as it once was. The SIU knows, the wild west days are done... Social media killed it.

Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit has charged a Toronto police officer with second degree murder in the streetcar shooting death of 18-year-old Sammy Yatim in late July.

The SIU said an arrest warrant was issued for Toronto Police Officer Const. James Forcillo Monday morning. An arrangement was made through Forcillo’s lawyer, Peter Brauti, for the police officer to turn himself in to the custody of the SIU Tuesday morning before a court appearance at Old City Hall.

“The Director of the Special Investigations Unit, Ian Scott, has reasonable grounds to believe that a Toronto Police Service officer committed a criminal offence in relation to the shooting death of 18-year-old Sammy Adib Yatim in July of 2013,” the SIU said.

The Yatim family said in a statement that it was “relieved” the SIU had recommended charges against Forcillo.

“Over 20 uniformed police officers were present and no one stepped forward to stop the gun shots or offer any mediation. Moving forward we expect complete transparency and accountability.

“We want to work now to ensure that Sammy’s blood wasn’t wasted and to prevent any other families from enduring such a tragedy. We would like to thank the public again for their continued support throughout this trying time for us.”

Sammy Yatim’s sister also tweeted her approval of the charge.

“The SIU charged the cop with 2nd degree murder!!! Good morning JUSTICE,” Sarah Yatim said.

Yatim died after being shot multiple times at about midnight on July 27. Eyewitness videos of the police shooting indicate nine shots were fired, three initially, followed by an additional six, about five seconds later. About 30 seconds later, with Yatim lying on his back, a Taser was deployed.

There were about a dozen police officers surrounding the streetcar at the time of the shooting, but only Forcillo was subject to an investigation by the SIU.

Yatim was holding a knife on an empty streetcar that was stopped on Dundas West near a popular downtown Toronto park at the time of the shooting. Witnesses on the streetcar have told the media that Yatim exposed himself, pulled out a knife and acted aggressively towards other passengers. The streetcar driver immediately stopped the vehicle, and passengers fled on to the street, leaving Yatim alone.

Police arrived shortly afterwards, and witness videos shows the officers yelling at Yatim to drop the knife. Audio made available to the National Post from a video recording features a male police officer apparently saying: “If you take one step in this direction with that foot …[inaudible] die” shortly before the initial shots.

Forcillo called for a Taser to be taken to the scene, a source told the National Post, believing the situation “could be contained” to the streetcar. However by the time a Taser arrived on scene, Yatim was already lying on his back, shot.

Const. Forcillo was suspended with pay following the incident, as per provincial protocol. According to Ontario’s “Sunshine List,” the six-year veteran was paid about $106,000 in 2012. Forcillo is the seventh on-duty Toronto police officer to be charged with manslaughter or murder by the SIU since 1990, the Toronto Star reports. None have been convicted.

Brauti is a high-profile defence lawyer in Toronto, and has acted for police in the past, including in a massive Toronto Police Service corruption trial. He represented Joseph Miched, one of five former drug squad officers convicted last year of attempting to obstruct justice. Brauti also represented Bill McCormack, the son of a former Toronto police chief, who was accused of corruption in alleged shakedowns of downtown bar owners; those charges were ultimately tossed out.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

A witness on the live feed said that when the cops showed up in riot gear and attempted to disperse the peacefull protest that the crowd flipped.
a reply to: LDragonFire

'Peaceful' protesters don't usually show up armed.....
'Peaceful' protesters don't usually fire weapons......

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I hope they burn it all down...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: disregardingeverything

Um, what?? I hope you don't mean the rioters? All that would do is vilify the community in the eyes of the rest of the country. Those going on crime sprees at the moment are already there, but we don't need a wide-brush stigma to take hold over the rest who aren't participating.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: disregardingeverything

I am guessing, but I think he is just looking for a reaction... lol

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It sucks a kid had to die. I see this same story all the time. Cops get trigger happy and all of a sudden a teen or two winds up dead. Or even an adult for that matter. Happens basically everyday like clockwork.

But yeah, going around raising hell around the neighborhood isn't going to do anything. Who are they trying to hurt out of it? Better yet, what exactly is the overall goal in doing so? It's not going to do damage to the police who killed the teen. Although I'm sure their going to have their hands full for awhile figuring out who caused the mess.

I guess a little bit of chaos made people go into some kind of frenzy. Blinded by anger they went around and aimlessly destroyed anything in their path to take out frustration. I understand why they did it on some level. But at the same time it was rather dumb and pointless. it just made the whole situation even worse in the end. Bravo to humanity x2.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

a reply to: TKDRL

Are you guys here to cause this thread to drift?

if your last statement is true why are so many moving west?

Least you guys could do is learn how to drive before you come here...

Can't pass this one up... you insisted pegging a target to your back by insulting, and throwing a tantrum?
- 16 year old talking about "Learning to drive" (16 year olds get a learners permit in Canada - where YOU live, and you are 16). You don't even have a full license kid.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Lol I believe in white nationalism and I'm proud of my white European culture as any black African, Arabic Muslim, Asian, or Hispanic is of theirs!!!! I'm sick and tired of society making excuses for blacks!

Nice try! You're anti-white racism is evident in your posts! I'm not a supremacist, I don't believe my race is superior to another per se. I don't believe in multiculturalism and really don't believe in the mixing of races really. I believe all people of earth should be proud of their culture and where they come from. I don't have to live among blacks to grant them the same freedoms and respect any human beings deserve. I don't wanna surround myself with Asians or Arabs either. So that makes me a skin headed KKK breathing Hitler worshipping cross burning racist???? Lol deny ignorance!

What the hell is "White Nationalism" anyway? Is that a new code word you racists use to sugar coat it? Dude just come out and admit that you're racist. You might not be a white supremacist yet but you're still a racist. You don't believe in mixing of races, you don't believe in multiculturalism etc.

Also Blacks, Hispanics, Asians are not proud of their skin color. Hispanics don't go out screaming "BROWN POWER!" being proud of your culture does not make you a racist. People of different skin colors can be part of the same culture, therefore your claim of being proud of your "white-european culture" is a lie. You're just proud that you're White, and since this is America you have the right to express how proud you are of being white, just how I have the right to judge you and criticize you for it and tell you how stupid it is for a person to be proud of their skin color.

It's funny how you call black people tribal, when you're expressing tribal feelings yourself. Being proud of your skin color is one of the most primitive human emotions. You had nothing to do with it, it was pure luck.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join