It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

KSDK - We are following breaking news tonight in Ferguson, Missouri where tensions reach a boiling point following an officer involved shooting that left a teenager dead.

Breaking: Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

This is breaking on multiple social networks. Multiple businesses being looted, armed citizens.

Reports of multiple armed citizens and shots fired.

Broadcastify Police Scanner links:
St. Ann

West St. Louis Police & Fire

From the scanner it sounds like a very chaotic situation is unfolding. Large crowds gathering in multiple areas. Media staging areas being overrun by crowds.
edit on 8/11/2014 by UberL33t because: Added scanner link

edit on 15-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Edited title at request of OP.

+42 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So the police shot someone and the appropriate response is to ruin your own neighborhood? I never understood that. And then the left winders why there is such a dearth of stores and businesses willing to locate into these neighborhoods. Food desserts indeed.

I'm sorry the kid was shot, but this will not solve anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Its a hot summer everywhere this year....there could be more in the offing....its a full moon too....

+42 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So what did these businesses do to them to deserve getting there windows smashed and goods looted?

Scum bags.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t
I grew up not too far from Ferguson, Mo. I had some friends I used to hang out with over there quite often. Of course, the area has changed a LOT since then. In that area, it's hard to say what actually happened. It could swing either way.

I think we would all do well not to be too quick to jump on the police. Not that you have. I'm talking about those of us who end up commenting here. I don't hear anything on the link, btw. Thanks for posting this.

edit on 8/10/2014 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The scanner feed has been cut...likely protocol in this event?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Or the cops killed an unarmed teen......

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
The scanner feed has been cut...likely protocol in this event?

Yes it is, They even have private channels they can use the public cant pick up.

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: stirling

Or the cops killed an unarmed teen......

So the appropriate response to the police killing an unarmed teen (speculative) is destroying local businesses?

+51 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Many in the Black Culture are just looking for a reason to revolt and riot. The role models and parents have failed on an epic level. It is wide spread and I believe it is as high as 50% of the Black population.

LA riots.....Katrina......Detroit......Snap cards spending spree....Knock out game.....Now this. When will real leaders rise up and lead the Black culture away from this. Mr. King we need you.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How does this cacade start from a shooting to looting and rioting? Where is the connection? Human stupidity and irrational nonsense? I just don't get this.

Maybe some people flip out, and the criminally minded use this influx of emotional energy as leverage? Harness chaos towards a directive? It continues becuse people can hide behind numbers? Nobodys a criminal if we're all criminals?

I'd love to see a birds eye view of this in fast motion to know how the dynamics are interacting. Just weird.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ANY excuse to loot and act like idiots. I makes it hard to even want to know what the hell started all of this. Sorry, just pisses me off.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Sorry to break it to you...but this kind of thinking and acting is actually the minority in African American culture....It just so happens that this is what is mostly publicized.....usually to keep closed minded thinking individuals like yourself well......closeminded.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No not at all, I am saying is it has nothing to do with the temperature. I am pretty sure they came out and said unarmed...I will see if I can find it but I think I heard that on the news tonight.
edit on 10-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
well it seems to me some people have had enough and are resorting to desperate measures in order to gain as much media coverage as possible to have a big voice to speak on the issue that brought about this unrest..

The US is on the verge of revolution beware marshal law and fema camps or worse yet thier 6 man plastic coffins...

I see this as an organized effort, officers should be in fear for thier lives... the stores that are suffering somewhat will actually be better off after this...
edit on 10-8-2014 by 5StarOracle because: add

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Not too smart. Smash up your own neighborhood and then wonder why you can't buy milk and bread tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Mob mentality definitely plays a role in it there have been lots of studies on it. The scary thing is it goes both ways both sides can succumb to the pressure.

Mob Mentality

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

So you'd find the response appropriate if the teen was unarmed and the police culpable?

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And then the left winders why there is such a dearth of stores and businesses willing to locate into these neighborhoods. Food desserts indeed.

I'm sorry the kid was shot, but this will not solve anything.

WTF does this have to do with Partisan Politics??? Everything with you is about Left/Right ideology. Why do you insist on trying to blame everything in the world on Left/Liberal/Progressive/etc. even when it doesn't belong???

I agree with you that this will not solve anything, it's just people reacting out of anger and frustration for obvious reasons. That and some are just using it as an excuse to steal some stuff during the chaos.

I just wish you could see beyond you're own narrow minded view that everything wrong in the world must be because of some Partisan Position of Absolution. It's dumb and incorrect and only adds to the problem.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Many in the Black Culture are just looking for a reason to revolt and riot. The role models and parents have failed on an epic level. It is wide spread and I believe it is as high as 50% of the Black population.

LA riots.....Katrina......Detroit......Snap cards spending spree....Knock out game.....Now this. When will real leaders rise up and lead the Black culture away from this. Mr. King we need you.

The thing is is that these cops killing innocent people (judge, jury and executioner) has been happening every where and not just in the black community and I think every one is getting sick of it...whether black or white, it's only a matter of time that people simply get tired of it and the civil unrest we all been talking about pops off.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join