It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Live stream from Fox2 news

link

news crews were over run and they have all pulled back.
edit on 10-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLACKOWT
a reply to: SubTruth

Sorry to break it to you...but this kind of thinking and acting is actually the minority in African American culture....It just so happens that this is what is mostly publicized.....usually to keep closed minded thinking individuals like yourself well......closeminded.

Really I think not. I live in Milwaukee enough said. Something is very wrong with the Black Culture from the leaders to the music all the way to the parents and roll models.

My personal hero is Mr. King and I bet he would agree with me. It has nothing to do with race it has to do with culture.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No again I did not condone the action in any way. Riots achieve nothing but more violence and destruction of private property that had no involvement.....Mob mentality makes people do crazy stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
Thanks for the link. The moment she mentioned St. Louis County Police, I realized if they were involved in the shooting, the kid might very well be innocent of any real wrong doing. St. Louis Co. Police are as corrupt as they come.

edit on 8/10/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think its a natural outlet for the pent up frustration that life in 21st century civilisation (western) brings wiyth it...
frankly I expect that this acting out will be increasing each year rather than waning....the cause is pretty plain to see.....
The disparity between rich and poor, and the inability of the young to find work they can believe in......
At loose ends....with absent parents, they don't get any guidance other than peer pressures.....

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I agree with you on the whole police state thing. Cops are not trying to keep the peace anymore. That being said if this would have been a white child I bet we would not be seeing riots.

I will say it one more time this has nothing to do with race and has everything to do with a culture gone wrong. They bought into a lie many years ago and it has enslaved the Black race again. It is self imposed slavery.

edit on 10-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I think these punks are just taking advantage of the situation in order to get free crap while knowing they will get away with it. (most likely)

I'm not taking away from the fact that cops are out of control, but these are businesses they are destroying.

edit on 10-8-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Super Moon tonight. I wonder if Bundy would support them?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: beezzer

No again I did not condone the action in any way. Riots achieve nothing but more violence and destruction of private property that had no involvement.....Mob mentality makes people do crazy stuff.

Then apologies. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Only in amerika .. looting and destroying where they live in protest .. bloody brilliant ... is there a darwin for protesters ? If so that lots won it hands down ...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I live in Newark, NJ so we can go back and forth all day. Mr King would not agree with you because, again, you claim you are not speaking on race all you want and claim culture....but your exact words were BLACK CULTURE....If your true intentions were to only speak of culture you would have specifically blamed the culture of ignorance, greed, violence, etc. You can try to sugarcoat your meaning all you want but your words speak volumes. Mr. King didn't attribute what African Americans were going through in that era to White Culture....he attributed to a culture of ignorance and violence. So either you need to go back and rethink your words or just own up to the fact that that is the way you think. I would rather have honesty in a conversation than sugarcoating. I'm a big boy I can handle it lol

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Only in amerika .. looting and destroying where they live in protest .. bloody brilliant ... is there a darwin for protesters ? If so that lots won it hands down ...

Actually this happens many places around the world. Most places in America are actually very nice with good hard working people. Most people just want a safe place to raise a family.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

So how many need to die before the anger justifies the reaction?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Yep, only in America...

List of riots

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Justify looting businesses that had nothing to do with it? The two aren't even related. Perhaps they should take their beef up with the cops?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLACKOWT

I live in Newark, NJ so we can go back and forth all day. Mr King would not agree with you because, again, you claim you are not speaking on race all you want and claim culture....but your exact words were BLACK CULTURE....If your true intentions were to only speak of culture you would have specifically blamed the culture of ignorance, greed, violence, etc. You can try to sugarcoat your meaning all you want but your words speak volumes. Mr. King didn't attribute what African Americans were going through in that era to White Culture....he attributed to a culture of ignorance and violence. So either you need to go back and rethink your words or just own up to the fact that that is the way you think. I would rather have honesty in a conversation than sugarcoating. I'm a big boy I can handle it lol

I actually study his work daily. I believe he would agree with me about the Black culture enslaving themselves. They bought into the progressive mindset hook line and sinker after his death. It has been a slow decline since. Things are getting better because of education but the Black culture still has big internal issues.

I also believe attitudes like yours are actually helping enslave rather than rising above. You want to label me as racist because that is a easy out but the fact is I am not racist.

edit on 11-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Not justifying the looting, but I understand the anger.

My main question is will it spread both in St Louis and to other cities?

BTW I have friends and family that live near there.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

It's easy to just conclude these people are just being opportunistic.

But it seems to me, the frustration of living under a system one
sees as corrupt everyday spent scraping by to survive. Because
you're even harrassed for trying to do so? By what amount to
hired thugs that these days it seems are licensed to kill at will?
People are going to lash out at that system, any way they can.
All I know for sure about this, is the cops have become thugs
lately. And they seem to be competing for notches. And it
certainly isn't just me that's seeing this.

link   
Was just watching the Fox2 feed, news media was at a Walmart where apparently some looting was also going on, and while reporting, the news person stopped and said "Shots fired. We have shots fired. 4 shots fired in the distance."
and you could see some police running.

The feed from Walmart stopped as the news crew had to move away from the scene.

link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Not justifying the looting, but I understand the anger.

How many do you figure are angry opposed to seizing the moment? If it was anger why not hold a peaceful protest it would garner much more support.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join