It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NATIBOY256
a reply to: justnotnormal

You're from Canada, you wouldn't understand. America isn't really a civilized country like Canada. I've been to Toronto, it was a different world.

Yeah... because I have never left my igloo, and my dogsled can't pass any boarder.

i have seen a ton of the US, both the best areas and the worst. The difference between you and I... I don't take pride in how hard or easy life has been. You are like fertilizer to weeds.

Or perhaps I should say... You're from the US, you wouldn't understand, understanding, and acceptance of others. You think it just "happened" here? We are more tollerant by choice. We care for others, rather than hate them. I know many people in the US just like me. You would never understand that though, because EVERYONE in the US must be like you.

Umm, your intollerance, and judemental attitude is showing... you might want to pull your skirt down.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I starred a comment made by BlackOWT but am responding to your post only to say that I also understand what you're trying to get across about "black culture" being the main issue and not African Americans. I live in a multi-culti west coast city and there seems to be a commonality across all races ( Asian, Hispanic/Latin, Caucasian) where people who come from particular social economic situations seem to draw from the same pop/mainstream/ cultural references romanticizing greed, violence, which can be broken down further but more easily is categorized as "black." I apologize if I inadvertently offended anyone, I tried to word that without putting my foot in my mouth. Again, these are just my personal thoughts from my real life observations/experiences.
as a reply to: SubTruth

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

a reply to: netwarrior

How is referring to my people as my people racist? If I hated or disliked you or anyone else due to his/her race then I would be racist(Which I'm not). I've never hated or disliked another person due to his/her race, I was born with too much intelligence to be that stupid.

You were born ignorant and lacking any substantial intelligence.

We all were.

You don't represent your people; bigots can't possibly do that.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

You must be a patriot?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

The cops that shot this kid have got to be crapping themselves
right now. They put so many fellow officers lives way out on a limb.
And they know whether it was justified or not. And if it wasn't?
I just couldn't imagine the holy crap reactions and did I say just
scream out loud moments, of sheer terror poppin off in the cranium.

edit on Ram81114v25201400000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I can agree with most of what you said. But what your are mostly describing are symptoms of the entire American culture. From top to bottom. Ghetto to suburbs. My brother from another mother was breaking it down solely by race and trying to pretend it was culture. Lets face it any group that has been here for more than one generation pretty much all have the same culture. The American culture.

link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Either tell me the racist things I've said, or stop responding to me. I'm beginning to believe you're just trolling to waste my time.

link   
a reply to: NATIBOY256
Pardon?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: NATIBOY256
Bahahaha yeah, canada is so civilized..... Until you realize canada pisses on their native population just as bad as the US does. And that canada flies in migrant workers from haiti and jamaica and uses them in seasonal work and exploits them just like the US exploits illegals.

LOL, correct... We have our skeletons here too! Thank you for that.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yes we sure do

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I can agree with most of what you stated.

That's a start and we didn't even have to get all Jerry Springer to do it.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I doubt they are losing any sleep. I mean how many times have hey gotten away with it? Maybe if there was a certain anon movement that started doxing every cop involved in a shooting, maybe then there would be some restraint.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

OK, I'm sensing my "you won't understand" comment offended you. If it did, I didn't mean any harm by it. The rest of your comment will be dismissed for now.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Yes we sure do

LOL, but don't forget... He's visited Toronto. He has plenty to judge Canada on based on his week in the 3rd largest city in North America.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's tiny up here, there is only toronto and ontario, the rest of canada doesn't really exist

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: criticalhit

I can agree with most of what you said. But what your are mostly describing are symptoms of the entire American culture. From top to bottom. Ghetto to suburbs. My brother from another mother was breaking it down solely by race and trying to pretend it was culture. Lets face it any group that has been here for more than one generation pretty much all have the same culture. The American culture.

Couldn't agree more

What we should say is "Lack of American Culture" because there is no culture but media induced culture and corporate induced culture anymore...

But some places are worse than others, particularly in regards to how much of the "violence" they choose to absorb as part of a way of life...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I doubt they are losing any sleep. I mean how many times have hey gotten away with it? Maybe if there was a certain anon movement that started doxing every cop involved in a shooting, maybe then there would be some restraint.

Yeah I prolly shouldn't put my timid persona in such position.

Foot pursuit!

edit on Ram81114v342014u02 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

OK, I'm sensing my "you won't understand" comment offended you. If it did, I didn't mean any harm by it. The rest of your comment will be dismissed for now.

I just think you are getting a bit hot and bothered... Typing faster than you can think. I'm not here to put you on a pedestal, or knock you off one... I am here to point out, take your time with thoughts, we will all be here to listen, and respond. Making general assumptions of others without thought will just dig you further in the hole.

No offence taken, I just think you are speaking out of anger rather than thought... Similar to those that are rioting.
edit on 11-8-2014 by justnotnormal because: sp

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What opportunistic things. I'd say animals, but looters aren't high enough on the totem pole to be considered animals. Actually, they're not even on it, thieves simply exist as shoe scrapings at best.
Really, how does stealing anything not nailed down fix this situation? It doesn't. They're not starving, there's no natural disaster that rendered their foodstock gone, you can't eat Nikes. It's not like looting was to remedy a life or death situation for the looters. They're stealing because they can get away with it right now, and that's all there is to it. Opportunistic things.

Anybody who thinks this kind of behavior is justified as a mass outburst will never get any real respect, and will certainly never be listened to when they speak out. Why should I listen to people who think B & E & robbery is acceptable behavior just because they're mad at authorities? Bleep 'em, the prison system can have 'em.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: justnotnormal

Yes we sure do

LOL, but don't forget... He's visited Toronto. He has plenty to judge Canada on based on his week in the 3rd largest city in North America.

I have seen a picture of Toronto. Can I talk about Canada lol

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join