It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
None of this would have happened if this teen wouldn't have been confrontational with the police. I'm not condoning the police shooting this kid multiple times and taking his life, but I question this teen's upbringing. I would think any law abiding citizen wouldn't aggravate a situation with police. We all know police have the authority to throw our butts in jail, they're armed, and if they feel pressure or disrespected, they can easily over react. I sure wasn't raised to be confrontational with people in authority, and I surely would never have tried to argue with the police. Even if this teen thought the police were wrong, there are other avenues to take to lodge a complaint. It's why we have lawyers and civil liberty organizations.

With all the injustice blacks have received at the hands of police, the last thing this teen should have wanted to do is be confrontational. If I was a parent of a black teen, I would drive it home to never, ever, be confrontational with the police, teachers or anyone in authority for that matter. The situation with the black culture and police is ongoing. It doesn't help the situation when they use an unfortunate situation like this to riot and loot local businesses. They continuously shoot themselves in the foot by giving the police and the community more reasons to feel negatively toward the black community.

If the black community ever wants to stomp out the injustices and negativity against their culture, parents in the black community need to raise their children to stop imitating and glorifying the life of thugs, belonging to gangs and be vocal in stomping out crime and violence in their communities. Their rap music even glorifies violence and cop killings. Why would you want to aggravate and give police more reasons to be on guard and fearful of African Americans? Crime and shootings in the black community is out of control. All of this adds to the negative perspective toward their culture and just adds fuel to the fire.

Time will tell if justice is served for this black teen.

edit on 11-8-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I assume that is directed at me, so I'll bite. There is no legitimate reason outside of dire situations to steal. None. This shooting is an excuse, a prime opportunity to acquire goods at a Smash & Grab Five-Finger Discount rate. Nothing else to that, a thief is a thief. They don't need real reasons, but they're flush with ample excuses. The shooting is just one that works for them at the moment, an excuse to steal.

You are quite correct. These criminals just needed an excuse to be criminal. How is ripping off booze and smokes and household appliances seeking "justice" for the dead guy?

It simply isn't.

This reaction is the typical excuse the criminal element uses. When things get stressful and there is confusion and the police are overwhelmed, bad people will take advantage of said situation.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What would the police be like in that place if this kid killed a cop? They would be out in force in their military gear

And look at the reaction over here in England when the same happened they went looting and rioting not just black the whole spectrum of races was out rioting

You all slag off the police state and when people start to rise up and not take sh!t anymore you condem them

Yeh they shouldn't be smashing and looting their own shop that's just stupid but go to the police station or government buildings they will end up getting shot

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: criticalhit

I can agree with most of what you said. But what your are mostly describing are symptoms of the entire American culture. From top to bottom. Ghetto to suburbs. My brother from another mother was breaking it down solely by race and trying to pretend it was culture. Lets face it any group that has been here for more than one generation pretty much all have the same culture. The American culture.

I disagree. Missed the riots in Athens? Civil war in the Ukraine? Every day in Liberia life is nasty, short, and brutish. The US has it's problems but is neither unique in having them nor is it anywhere near the bottom--it is actually near the top with average quality of life, along with Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Yeh they shouldn't be smashing and looting their own shop that's just stupid but go to the police station or government buildings they will end up getting shot

There are effective methods of civil disobedience and rioting is not one of them. Someone mentioned Dr. King earlier, he is probably rolling over in his grave.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When was the last riot? Stop acting like this happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

ITs another Black Teen being shot, its bound to cause unrest!!

And it has.

But I'm sure things will calm down.
edit on CDTMon, 11 Aug 2014 08:51:41 -0500u3108x141x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: UberL33t

Many in the Black Culture are just looking for a reason to revolt and riot. The role models and parents have failed on an epic level. It is wide spread and I believe it is as high as 50% of the Black population.

LA riots.....Katrina......Detroit......Snap cards spending spree....Knock out game.....Now this. When will real leaders rise up and lead the Black culture away from this. Mr. King we need you.

London riots...also someone got shot and then the mainly black population used that as an excuse to ransack shops and steal trainers.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Hecate666 because: Edited to add: If that sounds racist, let me assure you that brown skin has absolutely nothing to do with antisocial behaviour. It just happens that those who do these kinds of things happen to have brown skin. Only sain'

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Actually, List of Riots 2001 - 2009:

2001 – Philadelphia Mardi Gras Riots, February 2001, (Philadelphia, United States)[43]
2001 – Seattle Mardi Gras Riots, February 2001, (Seattle, United States)
2001 – University of Maryland student riots following team's loss in the 2001 NCAA tournament, (College Park, Maryland, United States)
2001 – 2001 Cincinnati Riots, April 2001, (Cincinnati, United States)
2001 – Ohio State University, First Chittfest block party riot, April, (Columbus, Ohio, United States)
2002 – University of Maryland students following their team's victory in the 2002 NCAA tournament, (College Park, Maryland, United States)
2002 – Ohio State University post University of Michigan football game riot, November 2002, (Columbus, Ohio, United States)
2002 – Ohio State University, Second Chittfest block party riot, April 21, (Columbus, Ohio, United States)[45]
2004 – April 5 Haredi Riot At Brooklyn
2005 – 2005 Toledo Riot, October 2005, (Toledo, Ohio, United States)

List of Riots: 2010 - 2014

2010 – April 10 – Springfest Riot, Harrisonburg, Virginia, dozens injured; 30–35 arrested.[110]
2012 – Riots in Anaheim, California, several injuries and 24 arrested.
2013 – Riots in Brooklyn, New York after the death of Kimani Gray who was shot and killed by NYPD
2014 – Riots in Tampa, Florida After Cigar City Brewing Company prematurely ran out of beer at their annual release of their highly acclaimed Hunahpu's Imperial Stout, angry attendees began a small riot. Police were called to the scene and dispersed the angry crowd. The riot prompted the brewery's owners to cancel the event in the future. No lives were lost, but some injuries were reported
2014 - Riots in Ferguson, Missouri after rally in recognition of a teenage killed in police action shooting.

That's just the US and just from 2001 to present. The list for the world is MUCH larger, and of course if you go back in time.

Is it "all the time"? Well I guess it depends on how one would define "all the time".

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: Kali74

Actually, List of Riots 2001 - 2009:

2001 – Philadelphia Mardi Gras Riots, February 2001, (Philadelphia, United States)[43]
2001 – Seattle Mardi Gras Riots, February 2001, (Seattle, United States)
2001 – University of Maryland student riots following team's loss in the 2001 NCAA tournament, (College Park, Maryland, United States)
2001 – 2001 Cincinnati Riots, April 2001, (Cincinnati, United States)
2001 – Ohio State University, First Chittfest block party riot, April, (Columbus, Ohio, United States)
2002 – University of Maryland students following their team's victory in the 2002 NCAA tournament, (College Park, Maryland, United States)
2002 – Ohio State University post University of Michigan football game riot, November 2002, (Columbus, Ohio, United States)
2002 – Ohio State University, Second Chittfest block party riot, April 21, (Columbus, Ohio, United States)[45]
2004 – April 5 Haredi Riot At Brooklyn
2005 – 2005 Toledo Riot, October 2005, (Toledo, Ohio, United States)

List of Riots: 2010 - 2014

2010 – April 10 – Springfest Riot, Harrisonburg, Virginia, dozens injured; 30–35 arrested.[110]
2012 – Riots in Anaheim, California, several injuries and 24 arrested.
2013 – Riots in Brooklyn, New York after the death of Kimani Gray who was shot and killed by NYPD
2014 – Riots in Tampa, Florida After Cigar City Brewing Company prematurely ran out of beer at their annual release of their highly acclaimed Hunahpu's Imperial Stout, angry attendees began a small riot. Police were called to the scene and dispersed the angry crowd. The riot prompted the brewery's owners to cancel the event in the future. No lives were lost, but some injuries were reported
2014 - Riots in Ferguson, Missouri after rally in recognition of a teenage killed in police action shooting.

That's just the US and just from 2001 to present. The list for the world is MUCH larger, and of course if you go back in time.

Is it "all the time"? Well I guess it depends on how one would define "all the time".

Roughly once per year in a country of 330 million people? I'd suggest that makes it not a common occurrence.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Armed citizens.... i mean Militia... what could possibly go wrong...

Sounds like good motto for NRA - get you selves gun, because your neighbor already has one.... love those pro-gun and carry advocate campaigns...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here's a photo from the riot of men standing guard to keep their store and livelihood from being looted and destroyed.

What does this simple picture tell you? That the excuse of rioting to protest the racism of the system is a bullsheet excuse. You loot to protest anti-black racism by stealing from black business owners? Nonsense. You loot because you are a thug and a criminal.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Armed citizens.... i mean Militia... what could possibly go wrong...

Sounds like good motto for NRA - get you selves gun, because your neighbor already has one.... love those pro-gun and carry advocate campaigns...

Yeah, we all know that all you need to stop violent rioters and thieves trying to harm you and destroy your livelihood is harsh language.

You honestly don't think that this is one situation where a law abiding citizen might actually find a gun useful and necessary?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Looks like it helped the law-abiding citizens in NavyDoc's post.

Good for them for defending their property and livelihoods from common criminals.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's such a pitty to see this, if only they directed there frustration in a more organised manner they may actually be able to achieve positive results. Yi know if someone punched me in my own house, i'd punch the guy back....not wreck my house out of frustration. The thing is when all the damage is done who are they gonna be calling on when theres no food and peoples homes are being invaded ?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Something that happens on the average of once a year is pretty common place. An annual thing.

Something that is only once in 5 to 10 years is a lot less common and much more rare.

That's just me though.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Solidarity folks, we need it more now then ever. The people of the United States must put their differences aside and come together if we are going to survive.
Of course there are going to be deplorable situations like this that occur in a country with so many people. It doesn't make it right and those that are responsible should pay to the fullest. But the USA needs everyone to come together more then ever right now.

Part of the reason ISIS/ISIL/IS has done so well is they have this unity that we do not possess. The Nazi's used this nationalism to their advantage to start WW2, we need to use it to stop this downward spiral into oblivion. The more we segregate each other into groups, the more divided and conquerable we will be.

Do we really need to wait for another 911, false flag, Pearl Harbor attack to get us to that point again?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So the police shot someone and the appropriate response is to ruin your own neighborhood? I never understood that.

I'm sorry the kid was shot, but this will not solve anything.
^^^This.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don't know why they didn't protest at the Police Station?? Would make more sense.

But I think these shootings are set-ups to get a Community to vent their anger somewhere to possibly bring in more Security measures but also to show what the 'Black' Community do when they get angry.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Can't believe I wasted my time reading through this thread.

Has to be the worst I've ever seen on ATS.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join