It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So the police shot someone and the appropriate response is to ruin your own neighborhood? I never understood that. And then the left winders why there is such a dearth of stores and businesses willing to locate into these neighborhoods. Food desserts indeed.

I'm sorry the kid was shot, but this will not solve anything.

Yeah happened here in the UK.

Instead of marching on Westminster and the people that caused it they just trashed there own neighborhoods.

Weird logic.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
police shoot a unarmed black person, riot happens, 3 days later back to normal...repeat as necessary.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
That makes no sense. If the looters did not have guns, but bats and tire irons and axes, would it be any different? What is one or even several people going to do against dozens of looters? Nothing. However, one good man with a gun hand hold off dozens with baseball bats.

As a force multiplier, only an idiot could not understand how a firearm helps an individual protect himself or herself from a mob of people. A firearm helps the weaker, physically and numerically, defend themselves from the stronger.

Your logic would just make sense if you compare apples and oranges, like you did in this example.

What would happen if dozen of people had guns and wanted to loot - funeral for you single good gun owners, and brings truth to my statement that this all will boil down to who has more guns good or bad people, thanks to huge gun production machine we have here.

I knew for beginning that is pointless to discuss guns on ATS, as my views are bit different and I know that is possible to live without guns (lived half of my life in Europe) ... To some of you, that just seems impossible... I know...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
police shoot a unarmed black person, riot happens, 3 days later back to normal...repeat as necessary.

Back to normal for people who live elsewhere sure but for the people who live in these areas that were looted by thugs it will take a lot more then 3 days.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Black people didn't get the right to vote till 1965 and this right had to be enforced by the federal government. Desegregation had to be enforced by the federal government. The fourteenth amendment in 1868 gave them the right to vote but state and local laws known as Jim Crow laws took those right away all in a effort to keep them down or not represented. Obama was elected president so the right claims racism no longer exist but they have enacted a new round of Jim Crow laws with voter ID, after the republican majority supreme court took the teeth out of the voter rights act of 1965. Look at how many militias have formed since Obama was elected, look at gun sales and the rise of the extreme right they are anti voting rights anti immigrants, the new brand of racial terms such as thugs and animals.

Blacks have suffered the most heinous injustices ever recorded by civilized people here in America, for over 200 years. A history of slavery, lynchings, segregation, brutality, murder, rape, assassination, medical experimentation.

You wanna complain about black culture, but the last time I looked it was American culture.

The police said he pushed the cop back into his car and a shoot was fired, then he ran so did the cop finish him off by shooting him in the back?

The people in the neighborhood said he had his hands in the air and was shoot once then while on the ground the policeman walked up and finished him off.

Who do you believe the cop or the neighborhood that witnessed this? Not one witness has come forward supporting the cops side of the story.

Do you support a fascist police state?

Do you support freedom and liberty and equality?

Do you support equal rights? This group has not really ever had equal rights even though the Constitution claims all men are equal, but not Blacks, Indians, Orientals or Latinos.

I don't support rioting, but I do support fighting against injustice. Has our communities of black folks suffered from injustice? Are our prisons filled with black people?

Why doesn't our shining city on a hill not include black people?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: jimmyx

Back to normal for people who live elsewhere sure but for the people who live in these areas that were looted by thugs it will take a lot more then 3 days.

Not to mention the cost the government has to pay out to repair damage and track the worst looters and rioters down and then prosecute them. Took us ages in the UK to pick the pieces up after the London riots.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It started out as a peaceful protest of the shooting death of an unarmed teenager?

Why did the media wait to start reporting this peaceful protest until after the police showed-up wearing riot gear?

Now watch, the girl who posted video and gave a statement is going to be jailed on some trumped-up charges...

Peaceful protests are being met with police in riot gear, ofcourse they intend to breach the peace, that's why the film crews tag along- to show the fringe will be beaten down when little pockets begin to stand for what is supposed to be right.

Looting and riots are results of men showing up to do battle in riot gear with peaceful protesters, protesting a just cause.???

The police cannot justify shooting to death an unarmed man, unless it has somehow been written into the books under the guise of national security?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah happened here in the UK. Instead of marching on Westminster and the people that caused it they just trashed there own neighborhoods. Weird logic.

Their logic is actually sound.
The looters are criminals.
They take advantage of the fact that a demonstration has overwhelmed the authorities ability to stop or investigate crimes.
Same thing happened in New Orleans when the hurricane was approaching.
Everyone.... including most of the police was supposed to evacuate. The criminals saw this and stayed behind to loot.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Black people didn't get the right to vote till 1965 and this right had to be enforced by the federal government. Desegregation had to be enforced by the federal government. The fourteenth amendment in 1868 gave them the right to vote but state and local laws known as Jim Crow laws took those right away all in a effort to keep them down or not represented. Obama was elected president so the right claims racism no longer exist but they have enacted a new round of Jim Crow laws with voter ID, after the republican majority supreme court took the teeth out of the voter rights act of 1965. Look at how many militias have formed since Obama was elected, look at gun sales and the rise of the extreme right they are anti voting rights anti immigrants, the new brand of racial terms such as thugs and animals.

Blacks have suffered the most heinous injustices ever recorded by civilized people here in America, for over 200 years. A history of slavery, lynchings, segregation, brutality, murder, rape, assassination, medical experimentation.

You wanna complain about black culture, but the last time I looked it was American culture.

The police said he pushed the cop back into his car and a shoot was fired, then he ran so did the cop finish him off by shooting him in the back?

The people in the neighborhood said he had his hands in the air and was shoot once then while on the ground the policeman walked up and finished him off.

Who do you believe the cop or the neighborhood that witnessed this? Not one witness has come forward supporting the cops side of the story.

Do you support a fascist police state?

Do you support freedom and liberty and equality?

Do you support equal rights? This group has not really ever had equal rights even though the Constitution claims all men are equal, but not Blacks, Indians, Orientals or Latinos.

I don't support rioting, but I do support fighting against injustice. Has our communities of black folks suffered from injustice? Are our prisons filled with black people?

Why doesn't our shining city on a hill not include black people?

So you would trust the word of a neighborhood that riots and steals?

How does burning and looting the businesses of you fellow man--fellow black men--striking out against "injustice?"
How does destroying the livelihood of a man who worked his ass off to make some thing of himself instead of going on welfare "justice?"

How is such behavior anything but thuggish and criminal?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: NavyDoc
That makes no sense. If the looters did not have guns, but bats and tire irons and axes, would it be any different? What is one or even several people going to do against dozens of looters? Nothing. However, one good man with a gun hand hold off dozens with baseball bats.

As a force multiplier, only an idiot could not understand how a firearm helps an individual protect himself or herself from a mob of people. A firearm helps the weaker, physically and numerically, defend themselves from the stronger.

Your logic would just make sense if you compare apples and oranges, like you did in this example.

What would happen if dozen of people had guns and wanted to loot - funeral for you single good gun owners, and brings truth to my statement that this all will boil down to who has more guns good or bad people, thanks to huge gun production machine we have here.

I knew for beginning that is pointless to discuss guns on ATS, as my views are bit different and I know that is possible to live without guns (lived half of my life in Europe) ... To some of you, that just seems impossible... I know...

In the LA riots, storeowners were able to defend themselves quite well with guns from men with guns. Just being able to defend yourself inspires the criminals to go elsewhere, as demonstrated there and NO, and here, time and time again. Many times without a shot being fired.

Of course it is impossible to talk to someone afraid of an inanimate object and who wants law abiding people to eb defenseless.
edit on 11-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Where is the link that states the cop was attacked?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

The officer tried to leave his vehicle just before the shooting on Saturday afternoon, but Brown pushed him back into the car, “where he physically assaulted the police officer” and struggled over the officer’s weapon, Belmar said. A shot was fired inside the police car, and Brown was eventually shot about 35 feet away from the vehicle, Belmar said, adding few details because he didn’t want to “prejudice” the case.

fox4kc.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Stereotype much? So they are all criminals in this neighborhood?

Do they have a history of suffering injustice?
edit on 11-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Anyone who participated in the looting are criminals.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Yet people are bad if they need to protect their property with guns.

I agree, it makes no sense when people decry the average citizen from arming and protecting themselves.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Yes but that was decades ago and I applaud it but times change and so have the police and government so people have to change with them.

And? Peaceable protests take place regularly. Looting and committing arson do not affect change in a positive way. What part of this do you not get?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Anyone who participated in the looting are criminals.

Agree.

Looting and rioting hurts everyone except the people your angry at.

Anyway by this point in the london riots it became less about the guy shot and more about the underclass trying to get a new Iphone or TVso its likley the same now, just scum trying to get some free stuff.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You said, "why not trust the word of the neighbors?" I pointed out that the neighbors who are burning and looting would not be very good character references--or do think burning and looting are the acts of decent, honest people?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So no one will admit that this race of people have suffered hundreds of years of injustice?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So no one will admit that this race of people have suffered hundreds of years of injustice?

Yeah, including having their own neighbors loot and burn their property.

I applaud those citizens who defend the store, black, white or goddamn purple.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join