It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli military: Rockets fired from Gaza violate cease-fire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Nice picture in to-days gatestone institute blog of a bedroom the Israelis searched in Gaza, 3 AK's and one point fifty cannon, plus military gear, now, is the occupier of that bedroom a 'fighter' or a 'civilian'?

What on earth would that matter?

I hate pointless posts that describe something not even linked to.
Is it to imply its a new photo and hamas doesnt sleep in beds?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Actually not a stalemate.. every 8th grade science fair rocket hamas sends over that nears civilians, israrl spends a few hundred thousand shooying down. Alot of it is to bleed israel (which unfortunately takes my tax money).

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: justnotnormal
Live Stream of Gaza Under Attack

Red Alert Map for Israel - Real Time

Live Stream - From Israel, facing Gaza

For those that may not know about them...
Feeds are live most times.
Advisory: Loops played between Gaza Under Attack live may be graphic in nature. VDA

Thanks justnotnormal, truth wears many disguises in the world today so every viewpoint is appreciated.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So why don't we hear from a leader of Hamas on our US TV News like we we here from Netanyahoo?

I think this is a PR Campaign by Israel, how can you Trust anything they do or say.

edit on 8-8-2014 by ugmold because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Hey, that's cool! Don't look for other resources to verify or deny the reports. Automatically discount any news service. Believe what you want to believe, makes it much easier that way, no nasty facts hanging around to deal with.

No objectivity involved, no open mind. Automatically any report that doesn't fit your world view is bogus.

WTG man! You're my hero!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Chinese designed, Syrian made rockets. Everything you post is an exaggeration at the least, inflammatory at the worst.

Want a job in propaganda?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Apparently you are not watching much news... I have seen a couple of representatives of Hamas on the tube along with several reps from the other "parties" speaking for Palestinians. supposedly.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
so far there has been no retaliation from Israel.

there was no reason to fire rockets, IDF are withdrawn from Gaza but maintain defensive positions around gaza.
hamas also refused to continue talks and extend the cease fire, because they didn't get there way 100%.

While i agree that there aren't many reasons to continue with this pointless conflict, Hamas has stated that the talks will continue. The only thing they refused, was the extension of the ceasefire.

A Hamas spokeswoman says the group refused to extend the ceasefire but talks in Cairo, mediated by Egypt, will continue.

www.abc.net.au...

it is plain to see that hamas has no interest in what is best for the palestinian people, they just want to provoke israel and try to sway the world to their side.

I sit on the fence here. Hamas wants the borders open, and the blockade ceased. That is a fair proposition. I'm fairly sure the Palestinian people of Gaza, are sick of it all. I'm sure Hamas is too.

I'm not trying to defend Hamas. All i'm saying is that they do have fair complaints, and it seems as if they are unwilling to let the public conscience forget about their plight. After all, they've gone through all of this before, and have achieved nothing. They want to achieve something this time, and who can blame them?

this falls directly on their heads no if's and butts about it.

Indeed.

Saying you are not trying to defend Hamas after your post was in total defense of Hamas makes your post disingenuous.

Maybe if they offered to have a neutral party inspector oversee the dismantling of their rocket factories to trade for open borders they would actually have a productive peace talk.

Instead their only negotiating skill is to fire rockets and make demands.
Israel will never give anything for rocket launches.
When Israel negotiated the release of over 1000 hamas prisoners in exchange for one abducted Israeli soldier, the Hamas response was to put out standing orders to do many more abductions. The logical learned lesson by Israel is if they negotiate one inch by them firing rockets, Hamas will ramp up and fire even more rockets.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

once again, Hamas fires first. what does Hamas get from doing this, do they really want the world spotlight on them so badly that they continue to make martyrs out of women and children

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Saying you are not trying to defend Hamas after your post was in total defense of Hamas makes your post disingenuous.

That's bull#, and you know it.

It's one thing to wave a flag and support the actions of a terrorist organisation. It is an entirely different thing to call their negotiating points fair.

Maybe if they offered to have a neutral party inspector oversee the dismantling of their rocket factories to trade for open borders they would actually have a productive peace talk.

That is not a bad idea.

Instead their only negotiating skill is to fire rockets and make demands.
Israel will never give anything for rocket launches.
When Israel negotiated the release of over 1000 hamas prisoners in exchange for one abducted Israeli soldier, the Hamas response was to put out standing orders to do many more abductions. The logical learned lesson by Israel is if they negotiate one inch by them firing rockets, Hamas will ramp up and fire even more rockets.

You do know that Hamas had not fired any rockets since 2012, do you? They only fired rockets this year, after an Israeli airstrike.

That said, i imagine they do not want to relinquish their weaponry, as it would significantly weaken their power, while also proving Hamas incapable of resisting Israel.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You do know that Hamas had not fired any rockets since 2012, do you? They only fired rockets this year, after an Israeli airstrike.

That said, i imagine they do not want to relinquish their weaponry, as it would significantly weaken their power, while also proving Hamas incapable of resisting Israel.

52 rockets fired in 2013

52 rocket attacks and 8 mortars in 2013

I don't know where you are getting your facts from but they are in grievous error.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

52 rockets fired in 2013

52 rocket attacks and 8 mortars in 2013

I don't know where you are getting your facts from but they are in grievous error.

No where, in your list, was it proven that those rockets were fired by Hamas.

As i said, Hamas hadn't fired rockets into Israel since 2012, according to the following source:

Hamas operatives were behind a large volley of rockets which slammed into Israel Monday morning, the first time in years the Islamist group has directly challenged the Jewish state, according to Israeli defense officials. At least 16 rockets were fired at Israel Monday morning, most of them hitting open areas in the Eshkol region, the army said.

The security sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, assessed that Hamas had probably launched the barrage in revenge for an Israeli airstrike several hours earlier which killed one person and injured three more.

A member of Hamas’s militant wing was killed in the attack, Gaza health official Ashraf al-Kidra said.

While Israel has maintained it holds Hamas responsible for all rocket attacks, officials have said that smaller groups, such as Islamic Jihad, are usually behind the rocket attacks, while Hamas squads generally attempt to thwart the rocket fire.

Hamas hasn’t fired rockets into Israel since Operation Pillar of Defense ended in November 2012, and has yet to take responsibility for this latest barrage.

www.timesofisrael.com...

So while rockets have been fired into Israel since 2012, it is believed that Hamas had only started doing so on June 30th 2014, after an Israeli airstrike.
edit on 8-8-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
Hamas controls the facilities which produces the missiles Iran gave the technology for, Iran even says so.

"The Zionists seized some tunnels but they can't plow the entire Gaza Strip. Facilities where weapons are produced remain intact," he said.

Source

Stop trying to downplay Hamas involvement, you claim Hamas is innocent of rocket attacks until this year, you are wrong again.

Several months later, On July 5, 2006, a rocket hit the center of Ashkelon for the first time, striking an empty high school. Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert called the attack, which was claimed by Hamas, an "escalation of unprecedented gravity",[

Try 2006,
Source
edit on 8-8-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Apparently you are not watching much news... I have seen a couple of representatives of Hamas on the tube along with several reps from the other "parties" speaking for Palestinians. supposedly.

I did a search and found nothing, care to show me? Or even some names of the leaders as I am unaware. Thanks
edit on 8-8-2014 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow! What an absolutely huge shocker, Hamas fired rockets in Israel in violation of a ceasefire? This proves once and for all that Hamas works for Mossad, all the Gazans are paid actors, and this is an Israeli plot to destroy the USA. Does that make sense? It does to me and you can't see it cause you're all sheep.

To those of you saying Israel shouldn't worry about the rockets because of the Iron Dome, please wake up. How long are you gonna let the maniac shoot at your house with a 22 caliber till you shoot back? Eventually you have to go on offense.

No way in hell should Hamas be permitted to fire on Israel with impunity, that's just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I dont know what you searched for, but it took me exactly 3 seconds to pull up the following search results:

Hamas leaders speak on CNN

I am sure you can do the same for the other news networks as well.

edit on 8-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677
Oh yes, CNN, little wonder I would catch that, with Wolf Blitzer, member of AIPAC, no less.

Why not with David Gregory? Stephanopolos or a Major Sunday News Talk Show, or the Nightly News.

Thanks for your efforts, I think the playing field is tilted.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

To me, that simply reads as:

"I was wrong or deliberately misleading. I must now attempt to delegitimize your point somehow instead of ceding ground."

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Very welcome... Was not sure if anyone shared any of them before. here are some that are online right now.

Gaza Live Stream II

Telegr aph Live Stream Gaza

Follow @mogaza on Twitter for live tweets from inside Gaza... They are getting shelled pretty badly right now. He tweets Live from Rafah, under heavy shelling, house is shaking

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

To me, that simply reads as:

"I was wrong or deliberately misleading. I must now attempt to delegitimize your point somehow instead of ceding ground."

Wrong, nobody cares about the delivered BS of CNN, it might as well be Fox.

There is nothing on Nightly News, plenty from that Ugly Bastard Netanyahoo.

Tonight on CBS Nightly the had some guy with his face masked who was supposedly Hamas, how does anybody know? MSM lacks credibility. I'm beginning to truly believe Hamas is controlled by Israel to allow them to have an enemy so they can wipe out the Palestinians. I've never seen any live Hamas rockets ever hit targets in Israel. How brilliantly Evil.
edit on 8-8-2014 by ugmold because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join