It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli military: Rockets fired from Gaza violate cease-fire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
You do know that Hamas had not fired any rockets since 2012, do you? They only fired rockets this year, after an Israeli airstrike.

Why do you post such lies, when it is very quick and simple to show that they are lies?

en.wikipedia.org...
and
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Seriously? You said Palestinian leaders had not been on the news. I did one search and provided a link. WTF do you want?

BBC

FOX

MSNBC

CBS

in the immortal words of the three stooges: "What a maroon!"

lol

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
Wikipedia is not a Trusted Source at Present, you know this. Israel has an Army of Wiki Editors, just another disgraceful act.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: _Del_

To me, that simply reads as:

"I was wrong or deliberately misleading. I must now attempt to delegitimize your point somehow instead of ceding ground."

Wrong, nobody cares about the delivered BS of CNN, it might as well be Fox.

There is nothing on Nightly News, plenty from that Ugly Bastard Netanyahoo.

Tonight on CBS Nightly the had some guy with his face masked who was supposedly Hamas, how does anybody know? MSM lacks credibility. I'm beginning to truly believe Hamas is controlled by Israel to allow them to have an enemy so they can wipe out the Palestinians. I've never seen any live Hamas rockets ever hit targets in Israel. How brilliantly Evil.

And the main reason for that is because of Iron Dome. But a few days ago, this one made it through and landed in the town where I work...

If Israel wanted to wipe out the Palestinians, they are doing a piss poor job of it - the Palestinian population growth rate is about 2x that of the Jewish people in Israel. Why aren't there 100,000+ or 1,000,000+ dead in Gaza then? Why aren't they bombing the West Bank? Why aren't they killing Palestinians living within Israel (Actually inside Israel, not the WB or Gaza - Over 1.6 Million) that are full Israeli citizens? Try again...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
a reply to: daaskapital
Hamas controls the facilities which produces the missiles Iran gave the technology for, Iran even says so.

"The Zionists seized some tunnels but they can't plow the entire Gaza Strip. Facilities where weapons are produced remain intact," he said.

Source

Stop trying to downplay Hamas involvement, you claim Hamas is innocent of rocket attacks until this year, you are wrong again.

Several months later, On July 5, 2006, a rocket hit the center of Ashkelon for the first time, striking an empty high school. Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert called the attack, which was claimed by Hamas, an "escalation of unprecedented gravity",[

Try 2006,
Source

You completely missed my points.

Hamas may be the government in Gaza, but it doesn't mean they are directly responsible for the actions of other militant groups. Indeed, Hamas had tried to cease the firing of rockets, by other militants.

Additionally, i never claimed that Hamas only began firing rockets this year. I said that they had fired rockets, for the first time this year, since 2012. Here, i'll quote myself for you

You do know that Hamas had not fired any rockets since 2012, do you? They only fired rockets this year, after an Israeli airstrike.

As i said, Hamas hadn't fired rockets into Israel since 2012, according to the following source:

You're crafty with words, i'll give you that. But stop trying to twist my own statements around.

After all, i'd expect nothing less from a propaganda agent.

edit on 8-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: daaskapital

Why do you post such lies, when it is very quick and simple to show that they are lies?

en.wikipedia.org...
and
en.wikipedia.org...

Jesus...

How many times do i have to say that Hamas hasn't fired any rockets since 2012? Hamas isn't the only militant organisation in Gaza.

Indeed, your lists prove nothing of Hamas being directly responsible for the rockets, obviously until at least June/July.

My source came from the Times of Israel. If you have an axe to grind, grind it with them.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

To me, that simply reads as:

"I was wrong or deliberately misleading. I must now attempt to delegitimize your point somehow instead of ceding ground."

Wrong, nobody cares about the delivered BS of CNN, it might as well be Fox.

There is nothing on Nightly News, plenty from that Ugly Bastard Netanyahoo.

Tonight on CBS Nightly the had some guy with his face masked who was supposedly Hamas, how does anybody know? MSM lacks credibility. I'm beginning to truly believe Hamas is controlled by Israel to allow them to have an enemy so they can wipe out the Palestinians. I've never seen any live Hamas rockets ever hit targets in Israel. How brilliantly Evil.

i see bbracken has given you interviews with Khaled Meshaal on cnn, he's done two with them that i know of.

one was the one given to you, the other is back in 2012 with Christine Amanpour.

with Nic Robertson on Aug 3, 204

then there's this he did with Charlie Rose that was on Face the Nation, and then the full hour long on his PBS show.
on july27,2014 in Qatar.

here are the young turks doing a critique of the interview with Charlie Rose

i think what part of the deal is that, these guys really don't stay in Gaza and are always on the move and live in other countries. they are prime targets for Israel, and don't want to get dead. i can't remember exactly when, but it hasn't been that long ago hamas ran most of their terrorist group out of Damascus Syria. funny how they claim to be leaders of the palestinians and don't even rule from Gaza..

another thing i noticed if you search for interviews videos for the the names of the well known leaders, you will find some that are from Europe and most are from the Middle East news sources.

here are the names

this guy has been criticized by many arabs as living a playboy lifestyle, just google it using those words.

KHALED MESHAALA $70 million budget: In 2012, Meshaal left his previous base of operations in Syria as the country's civil war deepened. That decision is believed to have led to a breakdown in his relationship with Iran, Hamas' key backer, said Firas Abi Ali, head of Middle East and North Africa Country Risk and Forecasting at IHS.

"The Qataris, who are backing him now, are not able to provide the military expertise and training on rockets and drones that the military wing needs to fight Israel," he said. "These are things that only the Iranians can provide."

ISMAIL HANIYEH AND MOUSA ABU MARZOUKare believed to operate between Egypt and Gaza.
But the Egyptian government has made movement between Egypt and Gaza a lot harder for Hamas leaders.

MOHAMMED DIEF Always on the move: The Qassam Brigades' website says that Dief's real name is "Mohammed Diab." It says he took the name "Dief," which means "guest," because under the pursuit of Israeli security forces, "he kept moving from village to village and from place to place."

MARWAN ISSA Marwan Issa's forte is believed to be unconventional attacks on Israel. "It could be these kidnapping or offensive-type operations through attack tunnels underneath the Gaza border inside Israel," Zilber said.
Always a target: And it's that kind of tactic that may, according to analysts, have made Issa one of Israel's chief targets in its offensive. In 2006, he survived an Israeli military assassination attempt. This month, his house was targeted in Israeli airstrikes. He's believed to be in hiding elsewhere.

this guy i wonder, if he is the one that Israel has in custody for the kidnaping and killing of the three teens.i posted a thread about a couple days ago. he has been staying in Turkey.

SALEH AL AROURI Al Arouri is the head of the Qassam Brigades in the West Bank, and he is accused of catalyzing this latest conflict. Israeli officials say he's the person who ordered the abduction of the three Israeli teens, whose bodies were later found in a field in the West Bank. "Al Arouri, who used to live in a village north of Ramallah, has urged West Bank operatives incessantly to set up terror cells and perpetrate kidnappings," The Times of Israel reported last month, quoting an Israeli security official.
Sitting safe in Turkey: Last month, Israeli military demolished what is believed to be Al Arouri's home in the West Bank. But he wasn't there. His base of operation is Turkey, where he's safe from the reaches of the Israeli forces. Turkey cut all diplomatic relations with Israel after commandos boarded a boat carrying supplies to Gaza and killed nine people in 2010.

the website GlobalSecurity.org has a faily long list of former and present leaders, more than i have listed.

Israel has not targeted the various leaders of Hamas since an informal cease fire was declared in February of 2005. Before that cease fire, Israel had declared a campaign to wipe out the Islamic militant group's leadership ahead of the Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip in August of 2005. Israel was fairly successful in 2003-2004, in which they killed several Hamas leaders or senior officials. Following the killing of Abdel Aziz Rantisi on 17 April 2004, Hamas decided to try to avoid creating targets for Israel. Since that decison, Hamas has not had a clear single leader.
HAMAS Leadership

here i went ahead and pulled two videos of ISMAIL HANIYEH

old one with EuroNews.

and one leading a terror rally

these are very real people, that are not fighting some kind of honorable crusade.

hope that is enough for you, but i know it's not. terrorist sympathizers won't ever change there minds no matter how much you spoon feed them.

edit on 8-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: pulled fake vid

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
If it was after the ceasefire expired how is it a violation of the ceasefire?

I honestly think they fire their rockets because they enjoy seeing Israel shoot down fireworks with 100, 000 dollar missiles.

It was right before the ceasefire actually so yes they did break it .. but either way it still makes sense because there was a ceasefire, no one was attacking, and them Hamas started attacking again.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Take Hamas out of the discussion for a minute though.

Is it okay to kill civilians, on purpose, to retaliate against a terrorist?

The answer is that it is never okay.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

When you say kill civilians on purpose, are you saying target civilians? Or are you saying if terrorists attack from residential locations nothing should ever be done?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When you say kill civilians on purpose, are you saying target civilians? Or are you saying if terrorists attack from residential locations nothing should ever be done?

If isreal was intentionally trying to kill civilians they could level Gaza in a couple of days they have bombers capable of destroying everything in Gaza.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

If isreal was intentionally trying to kill civilians they could level Gaza in a couple of days they have bombers capable of destroying everything in Gaza.

I am well aware. I am trying to figure out what that person is on about. It's clear Israel is not targeting civilians. So how are they killing civilians on purpose? I just don't understand their post.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I am well aware. I am trying to figure out what that person is on about. It's clear Israel is not targeting civilians. So how are they killing civilians on purpose? I just don't understand their post.

It's just anything to condemn, comdemn at all costs whether it makes sense or not, condemn condemn condemn.
Silly Iranian policy followed to a tee. It is so silly 0.00% of anybody with a free brain cell believes it, but march it out none the less.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

It's just anything to condemn, comdemn at all costs whether it makes sense or not, condemn condemn condemn.
Silly Iranian policy followed to a tee. It is so silly 0.00% of anybody with a free brain cell believes it, but march it out none the less.

Funny thing is if they just want to kill civilians its easier than what they have been doing. They could easily pull a scorched earth policy and destroy anything that moves in Gaza doubt it take a week. Yes they could easily destroy every building in Gaza if they wanted to so obviously this must not be there objective. One thing does concern me though i do admit and that is Israel is starting to feel justified in there response. They are walking a fine line and im thinking though civilians indeed are not the target. They are to willing to hang this on Hamas and this takes away the culpability in their eyes and not concerned with civilian deaths as long as they kill the target. To some extent i understand they see people firing rockets at their families and if you had a neighbor who shot at your house everyday while your family huddled inside you could easily frrl justified on blowing up his house and killing his family. Its a dangerous game for both sides and a very slippery slope. And it has no right or wrong answer here because its all about point of view.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'm asking the question. Why is Israel targeting innocent civilians, medical facilities and children.

Israeli snipers have shot unarmed civilians with white flags or just looking through their rubble for family members and belongings. Bombs have targeted children and families and UN Shelters.

If this happened in the US, for example, say terrorists were launching missiles at New York from Newark New Jersey. The air force wouldn't carpet bomb New Jersey, hit hospitals etc. Marine snipers wouldn't be killing old men with white flags. We would get good intel from drones, commando units on the ground, sats in orbit etc then go in and take out the terrorists. If you think Israel doesn't have that kind of capability, you don't know Israel. They kill civilians because they want to. They aren't just going after Hamas. That's the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

What if Newark, NJ had been launching attacks and suicide bombings on New York for decades? Would New Yorkers be incredibly frustrated that the attacks just kept coming no matter what was done? How would that influence New York's response to the attacks?

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

What if Newark, NJ had been launching attacks and suicide bombings on New York for decades? Would New Yorkers be incredibly frustrated that the attacks just kept coming no matter what was done? How would that influence New York's response to the attacks?

Well then we'd be stupid to not ask the question why? Why do they want to strike us and why are they recruiting. Why does Hamas recruit so well is the real question. Why?

They Recruit so well because Israel keeps them subjugated and repressed and oppressed. People want to fight Israel. Look at the problems that the rest of the Palestinians are having, just trying to get state recognition from the UN. Why does Israel keep blocking that?

So if New York took over New Jersey and kept them in poverty then.. New York should expect some resistance. Still does not give you the right to target civilians and children.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not to mention a constant barrage of Islamic extremism. Not to mention a constant barrage (on both sides) of racial bigotry (disregard that both are basically the same, racially). Not to mention (on both sides) a constant barrage of propaganda.

It is not all Israel. It is not all Hamas, it is not all Palestinians. It's the dynamic that has existed for decades with justification, from both sides, going back millennia.

Until both realize that the other is not going away and decide to move forward into the 21st century, as opposed to living in the 11th century, or the 1st century, or the 5th century BC we will continue to watch this act play out time and time again.

What is the definition of insanity? Is it doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

PS: Does not give you the right to target children and civilians? Of course not. The same argument can be made to Hamas and other Palestinian organizations who have done exactly that time and time again. One case of bad behavior does not justify the next. We have the Hatfields and the McCoys here lol.

edit on 9-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce
Wikipedia is not a Trusted Source at Present, you know this. Israel has an Army of Wiki Editors, just another disgraceful act.

"Our security apparatus is part of the resistance and does not arrest anyone who resists the occupation. On the contrary, we encourage resistance," Shahwan said.

www.maannews.net...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Incoming responses:

A) "They didn't really mean that. What they meant was..."
B) "Well, what choice do they have? Why wouldn't you fight against the evil Zionists?"
C) "Freedom Fighters only killed 6 people with rockets this year. Perfectly safe. Why is Israel bothering to retaliate?"
D) "The evil Zionists had it coming."
E) or maybe "Ma'an News is a Zionist propaganda machine." lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join