It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli military: Rockets fired from Gaza violate cease-fire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Gaza City (CNN) -- Rockets from Gaza hit Israel early Friday morning, breaching a cease-fire that had held for more than two days, the Israeli military said.

"Moments ago, 2 rockets fired from Gaza hit southern Israel. Terrorists have violated the cease-fire," the Israel Defense Forces wrote on Twitter.

It wasn't immediately clear how Israel would respond. The IDF pulled its ground forces out of Gaza on Tuesday but said they were maintaining "defensive positions" around the territory.

Israeli military: Rockets fired from Gaza violate cease-fire

other sources.

Cairo: A senior Hamas official said the group has decided not to extend a 72-hour cease-fire with Israel that expires on Friday morning. Before the end of truce, Gaza militants fired two rockets at Israel, the army said. Israel and Hamas have been holding indirect talks in Cairo on new, border arrangements for the blockaded coastal territory. Israel has said it is willing to consider easing border restrictions, but demands that Hamas disarm. The talks began during a three-day truce that is to end at 0800 (0500 GMT) Friday.
Hamas official says not extending 72-hour Gaza truce

Rocket sirens sounded in Israel Friday morning, moments after a 72-hour truce between Hamas and Israel expired, according to multiple reports. The Israeli military said the Iron Dome intercepted at least one rocket above Ashkelon moments after the truce concluded. A senior Hamas official had previously said that a deal to extend the cease-fire had not been reach, saying Israel rejected all of the group’s demands. Earlier, Israel said Hamas broke the truce when the group fired two rockets from Gaza at the Jewish state. This is a breaking news story. Updates will be added.
Rocket Sirens Sound in Israel After 72-Hour Truce Expires

Rockets from Gaza hit Israel early Friday morning, breaching a cease-fire that had held for more than two days, the Israeli military said. “Moments ago, 2 rockets fired from Gaza hit southern Israel. Terrorists have violated the cease-fire,” the Israel Defense Forces wrote on Twitter. It wasn’t immediately clear how Israel would respond. The IDF pulled its ground forces out of Gaza on Tuesday but said they were maintaining “defensive positions” around the territory. Earlier, negotiators in Cairo had been scrambling to extend the Gaza cease-fire, which was set to expire at 8 a.m. Friday (1 a.m. ET). A Hamas official had told supporters in Gaza City that the group was ready to resume fighting if it didn’t win key concessions in the talks.
Rockets from Gaza hit Israel Friday hours before end of cease-fire

so far there has been no retaliation from Israel.

there was no reason to fire rockets, IDF are withdrawn from Gaza but maintain defensive positions around gaza.
hamas also refused to continue talks and extend the cease fire, because they didn't get there way 100%.

it is plain to see that hamas has no interest in what is best for the palestinian people, they just want to provoke israel and try to sway the world to their side.

this falls directly on their heads no if's and butts about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If it was after the ceasefire expired how is it a violation of the ceasefire?

I honestly think they fire their rockets because they enjoy seeing Israel shoot down fireworks with 100, 000 dollar missiles.
edit on 8-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I was waiting for someone to catch on tonight.

Up to 5 rockets as of the last time I checked.

UPDATE 10 rockets fired

Hamas fired the initial 2 rockets 3 hours before the ceasefire expired

Lart' have mercy.

edit on 8/8/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

I honestly think they fire their rockets because they enjoy seeing Israel shoot down fireworks with 100, 000 dollar missiles.

Israel offered to extend it unconditionally.

Hamas as usual went full retard.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
so far there has been no retaliation from Israel.

there was no reason to fire rockets, IDF are withdrawn from Gaza but maintain defensive positions around gaza.
hamas also refused to continue talks and extend the cease fire, because they didn't get there way 100%.

While i agree that there aren't many reasons to continue with this pointless conflict, Hamas has stated that the talks will continue. The only thing they refused, was the extension of the ceasefire.

A Hamas spokeswoman says the group refused to extend the ceasefire but talks in Cairo, mediated by Egypt, will continue.

www.abc.net.au...

it is plain to see that hamas has no interest in what is best for the palestinian people, they just want to provoke israel and try to sway the world to their side.

I sit on the fence here. Hamas wants the borders open, and the blockade ceased. That is a fair proposition. I'm fairly sure the Palestinian people of Gaza, are sick of it all. I'm sure Hamas is too.

I'm not trying to defend Hamas. All i'm saying is that they do have fair complaints, and it seems as if they are unwilling to let the public conscience forget about their plight. After all, they've gone through all of this before, and have achieved nothing. They want to achieve something this time, and who can blame them?

this falls directly on their heads no if's and butts about it.

Indeed.
edit on 8-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

There's something not right with all of this. Are Hamas stupid or are they just following the Israeli narrative to make it look like they are the baddies rather than Israel being painted that way.

What did these little Rockets hit? Probably landed in the dirt with a thud like they usually do. If Hamas is not a creation of Israel then they are being reckless with the lives of the Palestinians.

I think they are with Israel and this is being used as usual to paint Israel as the victim again. Could be something to do with that Nazi Coward Netanyahell trying to cover up Israel's War Crimes!

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked US lawmakers Wednesday to help fend off Palestinian claims that his country engaged in “war crimes” while defending itself against attacks from Gaza, one top lawmaker told The Post.

Netanyahu asked the delegation to help Israel stay out of the International Criminal Court, where its attacks on Gaza could come under scrutiny — even while responding to Hamas rockets fired at Israeli urban centers.

Palestinian leaders are getting ready to join the ICC, and met with officials in the Hague recently to discuss the implications of joining.

“The prime minister asked us to work together to ensure that this strategy of going to the ICC does not succeed,” Rep. Israel told the Post by phone from Tel Aviv.

Netanyahu “wants the US to use all the tools that we have at our disposal to, number one, make sure the world knows that war crimes were not committed by Israel, they were committed by Hamas. And that Israel should not be held do a double standard,” the congressman said.

Netanyahu Asks US To Help Avoid War Crime Charges

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reports say that the first two were before 8am in israel, 1am edt. the cnn report was filled at 11:52 pm edt.
cease fire was not over.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Y'know? That's a good freaking point. Hamas knows their rockets are useless except other than to draw fire. But it is still self-serving and should give it a break and let the people get some normalcy.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Israel offered to extend it unconditionally.

Hamas as usual went full retard.

Yeah Israels going to hit even harder now for two reasons one to get them back to the table. And two Iron dome isnt working up to expectations they are running about a 5 percent intercept rate. See the problem is you have to have the system in front of the rocket having it try to hit from the side or behind just wont work . And the rockets Hamas is using was purchased from Iran and Iran knows howto make missiles making them faster and apparently lowered there trajectory as well not like previous rockets.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

from my second source.

Cairo: A senior Hamas official said the group has decided not to extend a 72-hour cease-fire with Israel that expires on Friday morning.

so who's is right.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Live on Ustream now.... Occupiedair
edit on 8-8-2014 by justnotnormal because: (no reason given)

Retaliation with a big shell just now.
edit on 8-8-2014 by justnotnormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Except in reality the ceasedire had expired and so they werent actually violating it. I know its not as exciting, but theres an actual unbiased thread on the subject here (omgikno) that says "Gaza ceasefire expires, conflict continues."

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

from my second source.

Cairo: A senior Hamas official said the group has decided not to extend a 72-hour cease-fire with Israel that expires on Friday morning.

so who's is right.

As i said, Hamas has confirmed that the ceasefire would not be extended. The talks, however, are still taking place.

In your original post, you stated that Hamas had refused to extend both, the ceasefire, and the talks.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Please read the above posts.

Thanks!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
While i agree that there aren't many reasons to continue with this pointless conflict, Hamas has stated that the talks will continue. The only thing they refused, was the extension of the ceasefire.

They want to achieve something this time, and who can blame them?

But why? What has firing rockets into Israel really accomplished other than the destruction of several buildings in Gaza and the unnecessary deaths to Palestinians ? Why wouldn't they at least try the table?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

They want to achieve something this time, and who can blame them?

But why? What has firing rockets into Israel really accomplished other than the destruction of several buildings in Gaza and the unnecessary deaths to Palestinians ? Why wouldn't they at least try the table?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I trust cnn on israel like I trust cookie monster with a bag of milanos.

They waited three days to strike a few hours before it ended.

Hamas 1: " You guys know what would be gnarly? Agree to 72 hour ceasefire, fire after 68."
Hamas 2: " You just blew my f***in, mind bro."

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

from my second source.

so who's is right.

As i said, Hamas has confirmed that the ceasefire would not be extended. The talks, however, are still taking place.

In your original post, you stated that Hamas had refused to extend both, the ceasefire, and the talks.

Talks are over you dont negotiate when people are shooting. First thing you negotiate is the cease fire and now they are back to square one. See if you have to people with guns shooting at each other the only way to get them to talk is put down the guns.This is no different they will now have to negotiate a new cease fire agreement and than sit down and talk again because i know as long as rockets are landing in Israel they arent going to talk peace terms who would. .

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Nah, ill stick with the reports that make sense and arent demonizing of one side.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No, the talks are going on in Egypt still.
edit on 8-8-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join