It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy fatally stabbed by 12-year-old at playground

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This kid was a socialpath from the start, and possibly it might be a side effect from the drugs he is on. This boy did not know the two other children, nor did he know the third boy he stabbed. He calmly called 911, and when officers responded to the sick child, this boy became aggitated that he did not get the attention that he wanted. I believe he premeditated his attack and knew exactly what he was doing.

This begs the question of the suspects parents. How involved where they in his life to commit such a horrible act? Did they see the signs of him falling into his dark path of a socialpath and did they know of his intentions beforehand?

edit on 5-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllDieSoon

what false precepts?

what the hell are you even talking about?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: VoidHawk

and then there's the people who want to step in and blame something....

if it's a gun, they blame guns...if it's not a gun, then they blame video games, or T.V., or music, or books, or whatever....but they never actually blame the person who did the bad thing....

they never want to accept that from time to time, anyone can temporarily lose control, and act out in a way that could be dangerous or frightening....they don't want to accept this, because it would acknowledge that they, too, are susceptible to this phenomenon.....

and when it's kids...nobody wants to blame the parents....it's always gotta be something else....

on the face of it...it appears the kid lost control, acted out, and stabbed the other kid....realized wtf he'd just done, and turned himself in....looks like the little guy just lost it for a minute....now, if he hadn't had the knife, he probably would have just punched the other kid a few times....my question is why in the hell did he have a knife?

i didn't get my first knife until i was 15....and i wasn't allowed to take it out of the house until i was 18...

But as I said above, when I was a kid we all had knives and we didn't stab each other. Sure we had fights etc but nobody ever even considered a knife as a weapon. But we didn't have TV showing people stabbing each other (every night of the week!).
In those days if a knife was featured in a tv program it was usually in reference to a trapper using his Bowie to skin an animal or build a hide.

Do you honestly believe that kids seeing stabbings on tv every night does not have any influence on them?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

Yes,we should ban all of those and also ban rocks, bicycles and any balls that are not foam. We should also ban sunshine (sunburn, cancer) and grass (contains germs and could be used as germ warfare by another child ya know)

The sad part is that if unchecked it will go all the way to the germ ridden grass.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

only for the ones who can't separate fantasy from reality...

i grew up watching that kind of stuff....i never went around, and still don't go around stabbing, and shooting, and beating people...

why? because i've always been able to separate fantasy from reality, and i had parents to explain to me that what i saw on the screen wasn't real, and that killing and hurting people is wrong...now that i'm old enough to actually think, i understand that while wrong, it's necessary from time to time, and only under certain specific circumstances, but still....i think you get what i'm saying...

T.V./books/games/music/etc is not to blame....s**tty parenting, and a lack of self control are...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

what false precepts?

what the hell are you even talking about?

The ones that say stabbing people is OK.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Rather than you guys railroading this thread. Stick to the topic of the boys involved and the psychological demeanor of the suspect.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
This kid was a psychopath from the start

How do you know that?

I believe he premeditated his attack and knew exactly what he was doing.

Do you have good evidence for YOUR belief?

This begs the question of the suspects parents. How involved where they in his life to commit such a horrible act? Did they see the signs of him falling into his dark path of a psychopath and did they know of his intentions beforehand?
Do you honestly believe that they knew this was going to happen and they just ignored it?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

How do you know that?

This begs the question of the suspects parents. How involved where they in his life to commit such a horrible act? Did they see the signs of him falling into his dark path of a psychopath and did they know of his intentions beforehand?
Do you honestly believe that they knew this was going to happen and they just ignored it?

Did you even read the news article? What I would like to hear is the call he made to 911. Where did the kid get the knife? What made him walk up to strangers and just nochantly stab one? He was not there to play. He was there to kill.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Are you aware of the practical applications of Freudian psychology (used to implant subconscious desires, but not diagnose their causes - that second part was always false), Behaviorism, hypnotism, and drugs?

Why do you think American cities are the way they are?

Your entire perspective, including your views on personal responsibility, are the result of external influences (ironically). There are many who have learned how to control thoughts and behaviors, very effectively, and use this knowledge to the detriment of society in pursuit of profits. The "personal responsibility" crowd has been victimized by the same people, just in a different way.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

IMO it is an irrelevant point. Psychopaths are everywhere. Their minds are just a somewhat different canvas. What is painted on that canvas determines the picture we see.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

only for the ones who can't separate fantasy from reality...

i grew up watching that kind of stuff....i never went around, and still don't go around stabbing, and shooting, and beating people...

why? because i've always been able to separate fantasy from reality, and i had parents to explain to me that what i saw on the screen wasn't real, and that killing and hurting people is wrong...now that i'm old enough to actually think, i understand that while wrong, it's necessary from time to time, and only under certain specific circumstances, but still....i think you get what i'm saying...

T.V./books/games/music/etc is not to blame....s**tty parenting, and a lack of self control are...

In a sensible world there would be no need for a parent to help a child separate fantasy from reality. However, nowadays we have kids sat glued to a tv (an average of 7 hours per day) with violence filling most of the viewing time.
While I agree that parents do need to help their children understand what they're viewing, I am quite sure they would not need to if tv didn't concentrate so hard on violence!

If tv were to concentrate on showing kids how to make poisons is it the parents responsibility to stop the kids making them? or should we say - Hey, stop teaching our kids this stuff!

We cant keep blaming the parents for the stuff being pumped into kids via the tv the cinema's and even the music industry!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

you're gonna need to be a bit more specific.......i grow tired of your vague one-liners...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

look man, i'm no simpleton, but i gotta say....

"come again?"

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

How do you know that?

Did you even read the news article? What I would like to hear is the call he made to 911. Where did the kid get the knife? What made him walk up to strangers and just nochantly stab one? He was not there to play. He was there to kill.

A news article should not be taken as fact, thats why we have courts!
I ask you again-
How do you know the kid is a "psychopath" ?
How do you know he "premeditated his attack and knew exactly what he was doing" ?

Were you there? or is all your belief based on a news article?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

again, blame, blame, blame......effective parenting can counter any negative input, either by explanation, or by keeping the child from content that they're not mature enough to understand yet.....the only time this doesn't work, is when your kid has a screw loose...in that case NOTHING you can do, will make them less nuts..

me, and everyone like me, are proof of that.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I highly doubt this 9 year old bullied him to make him commit this attack. Considering he is a minor, we won't know much facts about his case, unless you are on the case.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

again, blame, blame, blame......effective parenting can counter any negative input, either by explanation, or by keeping the child from content that they're not mature enough to understand yet.....the only time this doesn't work, is when your kid has a screw loose...in that case NOTHING you can do, will make them less nuts..

me, and everyone like me, are proof of that.

Excuse me but its you who is pointing BLAME!

As I said above -
"If tv were to concentrate on showing kids how to make poisons is it the parents responsibility to stop the kids making them? or should we say - Hey, stop teaching our kids this stuff!"
Please answer that so we can all see where your coming from!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I highly doubt this 9 year old bullied him to make him commit this attack. Considering he is a minor, we won't know much facts about his case, unless you are on the case.

So your not going to answer my questions then?
In case you've forgotten I ask you again-
How do you know the kid is a "psychopath" ?
How do you know he "premeditated his attack and knew exactly what he was doing" ?

Were you there? or is all your belief based on a news article?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

firstly, it's absurd, as tv would no more teach our kids how to make poison, than they teach them how to kill...they show dramatized versions of things...TV isn't a murder manual, it's modern-day theatre...

the answer to your hypothetical though, is both.....tv shouldn't be giving detailed instruction on the manufacture of poison, and parents should be keeping their kids informed, and in line....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join