It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you think about "Signs?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm glad other people here read maddox too...he is absolutely hillarious, everyone should read all the things he puts on his web page.

I just think that too many people were expecting too much from the movie. I went into it thinking it was gonna be a goofy mainsteam alien movie (along the lines of independence day) and I was pleasantly surprised. I dont think it was the best movie ever but I thoroughly enjoyed watching and thinking about it.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nice link.
Thanks for that, dude.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ha ha that maddox thing was funny. I'm with you CammoDude, Signs sucks, it was stupid.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I thought the movie was gonna scare me stiff..but it did not..it was okay...passed time...Never really proved anything...other than when aliens take over Im gonna pull down my pants and piss all over them...that should kill the lil bastards

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
you know that the human body is mostly made up of water? Why don't we give the aliens nice big hugs to spread the love........

Or we could go with ZeroDeep's idea.....

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What? Did you guys find great wisdon in Happy Gilmore, or did you just take it for what it was, amusement?

I thought signs was an entertaining movie, I didn't try and screw it up by considering humidity, the tensile strength of a wooden door or the need for an alien to hide on the rooftop rather in the bushes.

Jeesh, you guys are a bunch of kill-joys!

I wouldn't place it on the same level as Braveheart, but it was a nice little movie. Worth the few dollars I spent to see it.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
i quite liked the movie exept for how the aliens looked i thought they were cruddy it spoiled the fear facter and what was with the little girl an dthe water?

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The movie was good but they should of showed the Aliens conquering the people and how the people figured out what was their weakness

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
yeah..that would have made it more interesting...and why water was thier weakness..i forgot if they explained that in the movie...but it would be interesting if they could elaborate on that subject.
Deep

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This movie was one of the worst thought out movies I have ever seen. Maddux captures the stupidity of the movie perfectly.

Horrible horrible movie, all though at least it kept me somewhat entertained, unlike some other movies.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The movie reminded me of a 'condensed' version of "War of the Worlds".....a great movie, but I found 'Signs' a bit wanting.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I thought was garbage! Total waste of �1.50 and an evening!
The best bit was the clip they showed from the school in Brazil, with the beast walking past the window!

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Signs was awesome, with one exception- the ending (how fake the alien looked). But I liked how they would lead up to the climax, ex. showing the alien's leg when Mel Gibson was in the crops.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The only things I enjoyed were the news reports, I got a kick out of it after seeing so much amateur UFO footage.

I find it funny that the aliens attacked the house into the morning, when the morning dew would've totally destroyed their bodies, given the moisture levels hanging around.

All in all, it sent out mixed signals, one the one hand I found it to be well-done, but on the other hand it felt sort of hollow, as if the two stories about faith and an invasion wouldn't mesh properly.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
ermsss
ok to me that movie just a horror where they try to invade our scared part in our mind.the fact is most of the alien when they are coming from side beyond side of our knowing universe .the alien create that kind of sign to let us know from which part of the universe where they are coming from ,most of the sign is represent their own solar system so to me this is a friendly aliens but somehow there is more evil aliens endeed where you ll be their first to be catalog

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think if the aliens, were in danger of water, they should have stayed off a planet that is almost all water! I mean come on ET think!

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
...hmmm...did anyone else see the spiritual connotations in the movie??

Or is that just my own attempt at making connections where there were none to be made...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
to you maori in black just send the pandanus and we ll
helped you if the aliens are around in the long cloud area

who

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I liked the movie, but I agree with Thomas Crowne, ITS A MOVIE!!! I remember them saying the water was an ancient way to of fighting them, like some tribe of africans knew through past on knowledge how to defeat them. Kinda made it sound like the aliens had come before to "harvest" people to be slaves.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Children of the Corn?
That movie was deep...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join