It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Clancy - Executive Orders book 1995 - Ebola/Airline shot down/United Islamic Republic...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ok, so due to all the crazy Ebola threads, some of which are mine, I have been searching anything I can find about Ebola. I came across a book I read a long time ago and had forgotten about. It is EERILY in line with everything going on in the world right now. It is Executive Orders by Tom Clancy. I put this in political conspiracies because if this was indeed a conspiracy it has to be political in nature. Most of Clancy's books had to do with politically motivated themes.

Here is the wiki summary on it:

Following the conclusion of Debt of Honor, Jack Ryan is sworn in as President of the United States minutes after becoming Vice President. With nearly every executive, legislative, and judicial figure deceased, Ryan is left to represent the United States by himself. Ryan deals with various hardships and crises, from reconstituting the House and the Senate; to a challenge on his legitimacy by former vice president Ed Kealty; to a brewing war in the Middle East.

When the Iraqi president is assassinated by an Iranian agent, the Ayatollah Mahmoud Haji Daryaei takes advantage of the power vacuum by launching an unopposed invasion of Iraq. The Ayatollah unites the two countries, calling it the "United Islamic Republic", or "UIR". With Indian and Chinese assistance, the UIR makes a bid for superpower status by attacking Saudi Arabia. Following a series of Iranian-backed terrorist attacks, including the release of a Ebola strain, the UIR declares war on both Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Meanwhile, China "accidentally" shoots down a Taiwanese airliner.

As a result of the Ebola attack, Ryan declares martial law and enforces travel restrictions in an effort to contain the virus. However, the attack becomes only a limited success for the UIR, since the virus is so deadly that it cannot spread effectively. The tide soon turns against the UIR, with its forces being defeated against the combined firepower of the U.S., Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. President Ryan sends Ding Chavez and John Clark into the UIR to assassinate Daryaei. After showing the destruction of Daryaei's residence during a televised press conference, Ryan threatens to launch a tactical nuclear strike on Tehran unless those responsible for the attacks are extradited to the U.S. to face charges.

Kealty's challenge to President Ryan's legitimacy fails in court. In the aftermath of the crisis, appreciation of the unelected president grows. Then in answering a question from a reporter in the White House press room, Ryan says he will seek election to the office of President of the United States.

Source

So, we have the world in shambles with multiple wars going on, some countries allying that had not before, a Thai airliner being accidentally shot down by China and an Ebola outbreak unleashed.

Anyone else see the odd coincidences in the book versus what is happening in reality right now? How odd is that. Granted all the players are not necessarily correct, but the scenarios.....
edit on 8/1/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Pretty wild amount of coincidences in one book, eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yeah....and not just the coincidences, but the fact that all of them are happening right now. Like I said, not the exact players in the book but the circumstances.

We have MH17 being shot down, and possibly even MH370. We have a massive power struggle in Israel and ISIS pushing into Saudi Arabia and what seem to me to be odd alliances forming out of the mid-east, an Ebola outbreak AND a president that is continually signing executive orders to bypass congress....which is the basis for the name of the book. Granted the situation by which Jack Ryan is signing them is different as his congress has been wiped out, but the action is still the same.

Just kind of creepy how life imitates art sometimes I guess.

I am sure there are more coincidences in the book but I am at work and can't check it out.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Tom Clancy was investigated because of info that he included in his books. A lot of it was conjecture on his part, but he hit too close to the mark due to his knowledge of things military.
Maybe some of it was more than conjecture?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Bad guys just read tehe same book......
Theyare using it as a script and hoping to chnage teh outcome...

freaky to say the least!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Tom Clancy was investigated because of info that he included in his books. A lot of it was conjecture on his part, but he hit too close to the mark due to his knowledge of things military.

Well that is interesting. Got any links to the stories he was investigated on? I wonder if he had any inside sources that at had a hand in future planning. I forget what the technical term is for it, but they essentially are folks who come up with every scenario under the stars and actually document the plans for how to handle them for government.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wish I could remember where I read that the Illuminati must make their plans public before enacting them, so they use movies, novels and music to do so.
Information like this makes me wonder.....

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Well that is interesting. Got any links to the stories he was investigated on? I wonder if he had any inside sources that at had a hand in future planning. I forget what the technical term is for it, but they essentially are folks who come up with every scenario under the stars and actually document the plans for how to handle them for government.

off the top of my head, Hunt for Red October was one.

When Clancy wrote The Hunt for Red October, he was met at the door by Pentagon officials and FBI agents demanding to know where he got top-secret documents. Dr. Garrow states that after the incident, the CIA “spoon fed” him classified information and scenarios to write his novels in a manner that was entertaining but contained that elements of truth. Garrow says that is why Clancy was killed because he was getting too close to a secret they don’t want the world to know.
fellowshipoftheminds.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am having trouble finding links to anything real, so it may have been some urban legend started to sell his books. There are references on the internet, but all are on dubious sites.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yeah....and not just the coincidences, but the fact that all of them are happening right now. Like I said, not the exact players in the book but the circumstances.

We have MH17 being shot down, and possibly even MH370. We have a massive power struggle in Israel and ISIS pushing into Saudi Arabia and what seem to me to be odd alliances forming out of the mid-east, an Ebola outbreak AND a president that is continually signing executive orders to bypass congress....which is the basis for the name of the book. Granted the situation by which Jack Ryan is signing them is different as his congress has been wiped out, but the action is still the same.

Just kind of creepy how life imitates art sometimes I guess.

I am sure there are more coincidences in the book but I am at work and can't check it out.

Well more a reflection of what was happening at the time. Iraq was weak from the Gulf War and Iranian back insurgents were very active in the South and Saddam faced a series of uprisings and coups. 3 passenger planes were "accidently" shot down by Russian backed rebels in Georgia over the course of 3 days. Ebola had a series of outbreaks in the early 1990s and stories about it being used as a weapon were popular just they were with SARs etc. later. And Executive Orders were used by Reagan over 300 times, Bush Jr 166 times so they were used far more then than now no suprise he used them in the book. Which by the way was pretty bad. As was the one before that where the US and Japan (supported by China and India) fought each other. Pretty much anything after the Cold War and he was really grasping at straws for an enemy.
edit on 1-8-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Definitely makes you put on your tinfoil hat for sure. I do think they tptb do release what they want to happen thru books movies ect. Just way 2 many strange "coincidences to say the least did Clancy have some inside info not sure but nothing would surprise me at this point... Also wasn't he murdered or am i confused with someone else

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
found this searing on line also read some of the comments posted
link..guardianlv.com...
from article..
Tom Clancy, master detective writer, died mysteriously on October 1st, at the age of 66. The reason he was taken before his time is as mysterious as his books. Clancy’s publicists are still not telling. John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore has not released a statement either. The Baltimore Sun announced, most discretely, that the cause of death was, “a brief illness”. No source was provided. His family has added to the intrigue by saying they were not expecting to lose him.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I remember reading or hearing that as well. Something to do with TPTB having so much power/control that they have t give us a warning to fulfill their code. Otherwise it is just murder and genocide. Maybe it's a way for them to sleep at night knowing they gave us "warning" of our collective doom?

If there are shades and spooks pulling the worlds strings could these pop culture clues be a form of communication to each other? Giving each other a heads up that things are about to get interesting (to them), SHTF (for us)?

OP that is a chilling collection of "coincidences". Finding even one makes one raise an eyebrow, finding that many in one source (who died mysteriously) raises the hair on my neck.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I immediately thought of the passenger list.

There were 2 people named Clancy on board MH17, thought it was kinda funny at the time.

www.malaysiaairlines.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlCapuccino
I immediately thought of the passenger list.

There were 2 people named Clancy on board MH17, thought it was kinda funny at the time.

www.malaysiaairlines.com...

Well that is certainly interesting. Wonder if they have any relation to Tom Clancy?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Damn! I knew this seemed like a freaky deja vu.

In all seriousness thought, this is not a really "out there" scenario. Perfectly plausible.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
to be fair clancy also used ebola in rainbow six as a main plot point but it was spread at olyimpics using some kind of mister system. main differences between that reality and ours is we didnt loose 80% of the government in one swoop and then have some one who didnt want to be president appoint an entire supreme court him self,damn near get rid of roe v wade and drop a smart bomb on live tv on the persons house who tried to kill his kids(the president in the story) oh and jack ryan is all kinds of white i think the black president in the time line died in the nuclear attack on denver or was it SLC? (sum of all fears) and at that point there were no nuclear icbms left on earth just gravity nukes so yeah some in common but alot different im personally glad im not living in the jack ryan universe as its a dark and scary place

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Murdered? I doubt it, he disappeared on October 1st probably got a little too close to revealing the "Octopus" in one of his yarns.
He worked for the Navy in a not officialy recognized collaboration. Similar situation with L Ron Hubbard during WW2.
Bright guy, probably living undercover somewhere with a new identity.

Who reads Clancy? It mostly attracts a male audience doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

join