It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Blocks Aid to Israel - About Freaking Time!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

In the end, the Senate couldn’t even agree to deliver emergency aid to one of the United States’ closest allies.

A last-ditch effort to deliver aid to Israel during its war with Hamas died on the Senate floor, as Republicans blocked the proposal over concerns that it would increase the debt.

After Senate Republicans blocked Democrats’ $2.7 billion border aid package, which also included $225 million for Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system and $615 million to fight Western wildfires, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid tried to split off the Israel and wildfire money as a standalone bill, hoping to put aside the dispute over border funding and appeal to Republicans’ deep ties to Israel.

This is some very interesting news that makes me want to cheer but I can't help but think that this is probably agenda driven and ulterior motives are at play and this is nothing but theatrics.

The naive part in me wants to believe that the lobbyists may finally be losing their foothold on the American political system which preys on the American tax payers to fund this terrorist state we call Israel.

Senator Lindsey Graham wasn't too pleased though being the Zionist puppet that he is:

“It’s an important moment for the Senate and the House to show support for Israel. All I can say that if you don’t see the need to come to Israel’s aid now, and the message that it would send now, it would be a big mistake,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). “Any person who thinks that the Iron Dome is unnecessary needs to go to the floor and tell us why, why we don’t need to help Israel right now. They’re asking for our help, they’re our best friend in the region, one of our best friends in the world. “

SOURCE

As a Canadian who used to live in the USA I really feel for the American tax payers who are awake and realize that their government supports terrorism in the form of military and financial aid to Israel, and other terrorist nations.

It must suck knowing that your tax dollars are being squandered to fund the Israeli war-machine which massacres innocent civilians indiscriminately. Sadly many Americans approve of this aid to Israel.

I can't wait to see the Israeli reaction, I bet it will be jaded and hypocritical.

Take that Netanyahu!

In conclusion I hope they find a much better use for this $2.7 billion.

Maybe take care of your own war vets now?

Now, I just wish the Canadian government would stop publicly supporting Israel on behalf of Canadians, I'm tired of my corrupt government speaking on our behalf.
edit on 8/1/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I would be willing to be that any "left over funds" will go to the humanitarian efforts at our Southern borders long before it goes to help the vets.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

That definitely would also be a good use of the money...

As a Canadian I sometimes forget about the immigration issue that has been unfolding on your southern border. As long as this money isn't being used to slaughter innocents I am happy.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just wow. I still can't believe what I just read...
Maybe the world is finally waking up and finally understand that there are actions that cannot be defended.
I hope this is for real this time, may be it took the murder of more than 1400 Palestinian innocent lives to finally come to the conclusion this was enough.

Israel cannot be the victim and bully, I also wish Canada would stop defending this apartheid criminal Zionist regime.

I also cannot wait to see Israel's reaction to this.

Now the Zionist regime needs to be held accountable for war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: teamcommander

That definitely would also be a good use of the money...

As a Canadian I sometimes forget about the immigration issue that has been unfolding on your southern border. As long as this money isn't being used to slaughter innocents I am happy.

Which is exactly why I won't be holding my breath on that one either.
This current congress ia far to broken to be fixed.
We will have to wait and see what the next one has in store.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This Congress literaly does nothing. No aid for the border, no money for wildfires, no aid for Israel etc. Considering that Congress now has a !6% approval rating you would think they would do something, anything. Even if its something your political slant does not agree with at least they would have done something. The chaos the Tea Party has caused in the GOP has turned this Congress not only into one that has almost nothing but, one that is hated more than at anytime in American history. And yet the continue to do, nothing. How is anybody going to defend that record in there the re-elections. The GOP has been one of Obama biggest critics for not supporting Israel. I guess that part of the GOP platform can join supporting veterans in the things the GOP no longer stands for. It is very interesting to watch a modern political party self destruct. Let me guess that the GOP leadership will now ask Obama to aid Israel with and excutive order.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Just wow. I still can't believe what I just read...
Maybe the world is finally waking up and finally understand that there are actions that cannot be defended.
I hope this is for real this time, may be it took the murder of more than thousand innocent lives to finally come to the conclusion this was enough.

America cannot be the one asking for justice, I also wish people would finally admit this apartheid criminal US regime.

American past( current? )regime needs to be held accountable for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Oh wait...never mind.

Sarcasm off, I'm expecting a serious objective investigation of this conflict between Israel and Hammas after it's finished, and if there were in fact any war crimes at all, those who commit them should face charges. Both sides included.
edit on 527k2014Fridayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Israel's greed, deception, lies, and arrogant cruelty knows few bounds.

It never ceases to amaze me, at how this affluent country always steps up to the front of the line for U.S. government handouts, even if it requires pushing Americans and destitutes of the world aside.

source: www.infowars.com...

The Senate measure includes provisions not related to the border or immigration. It specifies funding for local, state and federal agencies to deal with wildfires in eight western states and $225 million for Israel’s “Iron Dome” missile defense system. The system, used against rockets launched from Gaza, is paid for primarily with American money.

Asked about the funding for Israel, Illinois Democrat and Majority Whip Dick Durbin said Israel asked for the addition.

“Israel requested it, the White House asked us to include it,” Durbin told Politico. “It reflects the fact that all the rocket activity coming out of Gaza has exhausted their current supply or at least it is threatening their supply for defense.”

In terms of economics, Israel's GDP is approx. $305, 707, 000, 000 (~ one third of a trillion dollars per year) with a current GDP growth rate of approx. 4.8%.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Israel can afford to finance their own self-serving war's of aggression, without asking for handouts.

Poverty on our planet is epidemic, there's plenty of nations in this world that need U.S. aid way more than Israel.

edit on 1-8-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So Congress can work!!!
Excellent!!!
Fanastic!!!

And as you said pal, about damn time funds were cut from this Terrorist State!!!

Palestine will be free...

& finally Congress is playing it's part!!!

We need similar actions from Parliament here in the UK!!!

Netanyahu to The Hague next!!!

Peace Corruption Exposed!!!
edit on 1-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Poverty on our planet is epidemic, there's plenty of nations in this world that need U.S. aid way more than Israel.

You can say that again...
But the Terrorist State of Israel is a Leech... or a Ponce as we would say in the UK!!!

They'll beg again soon, play the victim and probably receive the funds the really don't deserve, earn or deserve...

Yes pro-Zionists I said deserve twice!!!

Poncey Nation State!!!

Peace Soul!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This Congress literaly does nothing. No aid for the border, no money for wildfires, no aid for Israel etc. Considering that Congress now has a !6% approval rating you would think they would do something, anything. Even if its something your political slant does not agree with at least they would have done something. The chaos the Tea Party has caused in the GOP has turned this Congress not only into one that has almost nothing but, one that is hated more than at anytime in American history. And yet the continue to do, nothing. How is anybody going to defend that record in there the re-elections. The GOP has been one of Obama biggest critics for not supporting Israel. I guess that part of the GOP platform can join supporting veterans in the things the GOP no longer stands for. It is very interesting to watch a modern political party self destruct. Let me guess that the GOP leadership will now ask Obama to aid Israel with and excutive order.

I'm fine with a congress that does nothing. Their job is to make laws, and we have enough of them. In fact, there are so many laws, it's estimated that every American breaks the law at least 5 times a day. There are so many laws, if stacked page by page, it would reach the moon and back. They've had over 200 years to make laws and it will only get worse as time goes on, since that's their job. The ratio of them making laws vs. Removing laws is 7:1. There should be a law that for every law that they make, they have to remove another. Pretty soon it will be illegal to do anything but sit in bed all day.

My favorite president? Grover Cleveland. All he did was veto bills.
edit on 1-8-2014 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Did you hear Harper's pathetic speech a few days ago while at a job training event in Sask?
Link

2015 can't come soon enough.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
Of course they pass nothing.
But then again let's look at Doctor Ron Paul's record, he also passed very little.
Sometimes it is best to do nothing at all, such as this case to send another welfare check to israel.
Just maybe if they have no munitions to murder innocents with, they will have to find some peace.
But most likely this is just more stalling for some AIPAC welfare checks as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If this was introduced as a single bill it would have passed.

Israel will get their money this is just part of the dem-rep shell game.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Did you hear Harper's pathetic speech a few days ago while at a job training event in Sask?
Link

2015 can't come soon enough.

Yes I did... Harper makes me furious with his comments that DO NOT support Canada's legacy of being a neutral pro peace nation. I truly wonder why anyone would support this terrorist regime aka Israel ?

I truly believe Israel would easily turn against any "friendly" nation if they get unanimous condemnation.
Samson option?
edit on 1-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Great news! While they are at it, they ought to send Israel a bill for damages to the Gaza power plant.

Power Plant Bombed In Gaza Is Insured By U.S. Government

I'm so sick of Israel and Congress' undying devotion to them. It's almost like Israel is more important to them than our own country. Glad to see the tide turn...hopefully this is the beginning of a new trend.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
For once the GOP has accidentally done some good.

Of course their intentions are NEVER good.

But even dam fools some time do good by accident

Hopefully gridlock will strangle Israel!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

call off the fireworks: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The Republicans are only blocking the bill because America just can't afford to give billions away anymore, they didn't block it because the IDF is killing civilians, displacing over a hundred thousand while destroying homes, communities, and infrastructure.

But either way, as long Israel isn't getting free money from us then it's cool.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Netanyahu will not like this one bit. How could they do this to Israel after they gave Benny so many standing ovations when he spoke to them? It is no surprise that lapdog Lindsey was standing up for Israel like usual.

Any person who thinks that the Iron Dome is unnecessary needs to go to the floor and tell us why, why we don’t need to help Israel right now.

I could tell them why very easily. Because the Iron Dome does NOTHING TO PROTECT AMERICA. Let the millionaires and billionaires in Israel foot the bill for Israels needs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join