It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Blocks Aid to Israel - About Freaking Time!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just read on Jpost they passed the Iron Dome money. Will check again

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

call off the fireworks: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the update.

When I originally replied to your post I had read it wrong.

So it looks like Israel gets their money after all.

edit on 8/1/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: edited multiple times because I can't comprehend reading today

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello everyone, since this "Senate Block" has been overturned according to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please go there to continue the discuss this topic as my thread now incorrect due to the newest update. Israel gets their money, I knew it sounded too good to be true.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What does it matter now that the Senate has blocked funding, when we've been giving them billions per year for decades? They've already got all the gear they need, and more than that, they're so wealthy that they don't even really need our help. This little news snippet, and it's related action by the Senate is an appeasement for the people, a little feel good to keep us just happy enough to do nothing and say nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've always found this talk about "Israel is out best friend, closest ally, etc etc" to be a bunch of garbage. But recently I came across a religious survey thing and it actually showed how Jewish america actually feels about others:

Jews most popular in US

I have some family who are quite Christian and they have lots of Jewish friends, yet I've always gotten the impression that they like their Jewish friends more than than the Jewish friends like them. The information in the survey seemed to support this also:

Jews rated 63, slightly ahead of Catholics (62) and evangelicals (61). Buddhists, Hindus and Mormons prompted neutral ratings, from 48 to 53. Muslims were given the worst rating, at 40. Atheists rated 41. Read more: www.jta.org...

Evangelicals in the survey rated Jews positively with a rating of 69. Read more: www.jta.org...

Jews gave themselves an 89 rating. For other faith groups, Jews gave Catholics a 58 rating, Buddhists 61, Hindus 57, atheists 55, Mormons 48, Muslims 35 and evangelicals 34. Read more: www.jta.org...

Having convinced the right wing and Christians to love them unconditionally, they rank evangelicals at the bottom. Seems like a one-way street if I ever saw one..... Ever the "chosen people" eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is only temporary Israel will get its money and you can bet that it will happen in less than 30 days.

The bill that was in the process of getting passed had all kinds of aid for everything, including Israels money. It's also states they are trying to split emergency aid off, in a separate bill now, for Israel.

Don't fool yourselves.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Detroit is dying as a city and still the Senate doesn't mind taking in consideration a 2.7 billion dollars in aid to Israeli war machine. Can the cynicism be any more loud?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'd like to know what evidence supports the idea that "Israel is one of the United States’ closest allies." How do they exhibit this "closeness? In what form does it arrive? Have they sent any troops or hardware to locations where the US is engaged? What have they done exactly to earn that assessment?
edit on 81331Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Israel was not getting 2.7 billion.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The U.S. cannot possibly be involved in brokering any cease-fire agreement or peace deal when they are funding Israel to the tune of $250 million.

Scandalous.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Israel does not have the right to defend itself?

Hamas is shooting ROCKETS at THEM!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Telos

Israel was not getting 2.7 billion.

My mistake, the aid for Israel was included in the 2.7 billion that was discussed. But that doesn't change the essence of my comment. Is not 2.7 billion but i'd say the same even if it was 1$.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

look at you, you're so outraged, so passionate.

we have too many laws for the wrong thing(drug possession, TSA, Intellectual Property, etc.), and not enough laws on the right things (laws/regulations on the financial sector of the economy).

Congress has the power to repeal bad laws, or to replace existing legislation, or to pass new legislation to take care of a problem that needs to be solved (campeign financing for instance).

saying a do-nothing-congress is good is saying that we shouldn't try to fix anything, because it's broken enough as it is.

(post by nebulus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nice! Would like to see this thread deleted because of false information

Good job people

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

And as a Canadian, I'm Ashamed that you are Canadian.. Please don't speak for any or "all" of us.. I stand by Israel and a lot of people also. If you know the true history about it all, you wouldn't be so ignorant.

I Condemn the innocent Civilian casualties, but if those coward's (Hamas) don't hide behind kids, and Hamas dresses like "Civilians" as they don't have uniforms.. And they make fake atrocity videos, so the world feels bad..And 200-500 of there rockets back fired on them and killed their own.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn
Israel does not have the right to defend itself?

Hamas is shooting ROCKETS at THEM!

Palestine doesn't have the right to defend themselves? They are under military occupation they have the right to fight back against their occupiers. Israel is kidnapping people by the hundreds demolishing homes and murdering people. How can anyone support this?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: live2beknown

And as a Canadian, I'm Ashamed that you are Canadian.. Please don't speak for any or "all" of us.. I stand by Israel and a lot of people also. If you know the true history about it all, you wouldn't be so ignorant.

I Condemn the innocent Civilian casualties, but if those coward's (Hamas) don't hide behind kids, and Hamas dresses like "Civilians" as they don't have uniforms.. And they make fake atrocity videos, so the world feels bad..And 200-500 of there rockets back fired on them and killed their own.

These people have no where to go. And seeing how Israel is going to steal about half of Gaza they really will have no where to go which means when the bloodthirsty Israelis go on another killing spree more civilians will wind up dead. Then once again people will be crying Hamas is hiding behind kids.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You say all this, because Israel has Iron Dome..Which has shot down more then 3000 rockets! While Hamas shoots them at civilian areas. So once again this is one sided, because Israel has Iron Dome. If I was getting rocks thrown from my neighbor everyday, I'd also retaliate to an extent, to damage them so bad that they won't do it again.
edit on 1-8-2014 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join