It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

7/24............hmmmm

This thread is getting some attention.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Rut roh. Mr Sawyer may have spread this to his fellow passengers after all. Two fellow passengers have fever

Testing negative so far, but we all know this test has had many false negatives.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

“Two suspect cases had fever, they are under observation and so far have tested negative to the virus.
“The monitoring of suspect cases will continue until the end of them period of 21 days from their exposure to the victim,’’ he said.

Well their lives are on hold for three weeks, but at least they're getting care and attention. Does catching it early improve a person's odds at all?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

thnk u,,

why are the cell walls, or surface tension molecular bonds, losing the attractive-ness?

and liquify?

curious.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It could in theory, since they can stay well-hydrated and go into the fight in as best shape as possible, but since there's no treatment for the disease, just the symptoms, all they can really do is make sure they're hydrated and nourished. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sam_inc
This virus been spreading since the 1970's and now everyone panicking?? Please stop! There wont be no false flags, no martial law, and all this non sense. Stop spreading fear and bs

Please tell me. How is one making themselves informed on Ebola, now that is is traveling around the globe, in the form of some being moved for treatment, and some possibly being exposed during global travel, spreading fear.

Ignorance is not an excuse when it comes to ebola.

BTW, the CDC has issued some info I think should be in this thread, of world travelers.

US issues travel warning for countries with Ebola

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued its highest level of travel notice today, urging people to avoid travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. The three countries are currently experiencing the worst Ebola outbreak on record.

To give you an idea of how dire this is, on July 31 these are the only three places on Earth with a CDC Level 3 travel warning.

The CDC's statement "urged" all residents to avoid "nonessential" travel to the area. That pretty much means stay out unless you're an aid worker.

Here's a section of the notice about Liberia:

This recommendation to avoid nonessential travel is intended to facilitate control of the outbreak and prevent continued spread in two ways: to protect US residents who may be planning travel to the affected areas and to enable the Liberian government to respond most effectively to contain this outbreak. CDC remains committed to the multinational effort to assist Liberia in controlling the outbreak and is scaling up its response activities by, among other things, deploying additional staff to the affected countries. International humanitarian assistance must continue, and CDC encourages airlines to continue flights to and from the region to facilitate transport of teams and supplies essential to control the outbreak.

The statements about Guinea and Sierra Leone used similar language.
www.vox.com...

Des

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And now possibly Brazil?!?!

Translated initial text:
• A man who landed at Guarulhos airport in São Paulo, in the morning, was taken to hospital Emilio Ribas, capital of the Central Region and is hospitalized in an isolated area. The African, whose name was not revealed, undergoes tests that may reveal contamination Ebola ...

Source
edit on 3-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Scary. Do we know if the virus can be spread during the 21 day incubation period? Or is it only contagious when the person becomes symptomatic?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Its not the worry about treating.a newly found infected passenger. If this happened they whole plane should depart immediately. We have no herd immunity here. Just like flu there is no guarantee the flu. Won't spread to other passengers. Flu however if slipped into country it's no big deal. Ebola is a first time visitorsm from hell to no-herd-immunity sitting ducks!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

well-hydrated,,just maybe too hydrated,,,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

maybe/,,,

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Just so I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying the doctor who was flown back to the US was not showing symptoms?

I meant that he wasn't at the worst stage of the disease. At the worst stage of the disease he would be incapacitated and unable to move. I think it's a good sign he was seen walking wearing a suit. I hope he has a complete and easy recovery (which is still possible).

And then flown back a week later, in "grave" condition. So yeah, he more than had the virus in him, he was already dying from it.

That's why if you read my posts you will see that I'm one of the few who do support that he got immediately evacuated to the US.

I trust organizations whose sole purpose is to handle these type of things. Others may not, but that's life.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VashKonnor

OR...it's wasn't him in the suit....try that on for size Mr. *I trust everything I see and read* from the MSM...

That was one of my tin foil hat moments

Des

edit on 3-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
ETA: Noting he was given a blood transfusion or a recovered patient at some point.

originally posted by: soficrow

Not sure, but think he was reported as diagnosed the week of July 21 (around the 24th or 25th?) - so the timeline for "marked" recovery is right.

During the second week, the patient defervesces and improves markedly or dies in shock with multiorgan dysfunction, often accompanied by disseminated intravascular coagulation, anuria, and liver failure.

edit on 8/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: VashKonnor

So...we can safely assume you are a virologist.

You are assuming I'm a virologist because I made a joke about it?

No, I'm not a virologist.

You joined just to set us straight on the facts of the progression of ebola?

Des

Yes! I use the power of Google and common sense. Powerful allies of the Dark side...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

more on page 37-ish.

originally posted by: Druid42
a reply to: loam

I'm almost with you on that. Here's something else:

I see a SCBA on the first guy out of the ambulance. Call it an airscrubber. Fresh air while wearing a biosuit. Also, there's a difference between a BSL-4 suit, and that is that a BSL-4 is positive pressure. It'd be inflated. That looks like a BSL-3 suit, uninflated.

The second guy out, who is supposedly Dr. Brantly, is NOT wearing a SCBA. It was a 14 mile trip, with stops, so what the heck did he do for fresh air in an enclosed suit?

Shouldn't they both have on SCBAs? If Emory is the supposed BSL-4 facility they are saying it is, why are they wearing BSL-3 suits? I can see the infected doctor not needing a positive pressure suit, but the other guy? And should Dr. Brantly at least have an SCBA?

edit on 8/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashKonnor

I meant that he wasn't at the worst stage of the disease. At the worst stage of the disease he would be incapacitated and unable to move. I think it's a good sign he was seen walking wearing a suit. I hope he has a complete and easy recovery (which is still possible).

But what you SAID was that he wasn't infectious, he only had the virus *in* him. Which is, despite your giggles in that post, just wrong. He was, in fact, infectious.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Well, no, but I didn't noticed how poorly I explained myself until everyone already replied. lol

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The first and second paragraphs are the relevant ones. Your interpretation of the first paragraph is correct, the second is the WHO alert regarding posible catastrophic loss of lives and economic problems already posted on this thread. The other two are completely unrelated to the subject (one being the police killing in cold blood an already aprehended drug dealer and the other about an explosion in a factory). Portuguese is not my first language, but close enough to spanish to understand it.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Random weird thought: So far I've read that Dr Kent Brantly is from TN, TX, and now IN. Maybe he lived in all those places, who knows.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

But what you SAID was that he wasn't infectious, he only had the virus *in* him. Which is, despite your giggles in that post, just wrong. He was, in fact, infectious.

You are just repeating something to which I already replied.

I'm not really going to dive into this semantics discussion, sorry. Already said I explained myself poorly. Live with it.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join