It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woken by loud popping noise accompanied by bright flash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I have experienced waking up to loud crashing or banging sounds. I sleep with a shotgun beside my bed and have jumped straight out of sleep ready to defend myself. There didn't appear to be anyone around and my dog was still sleeping.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have experienced waking up to loud crashing or banging sounds. I sleep with a shotgun beside my bed and have jumped straight out of sleep ready to defend myself. There didn't appear to be anyone around and my dog was still sleeping.

Is that before or after you pulled the trigger?

Typically when we get those rushes of adrenaline coupled with anxiety, from feeling and hearing strange things it puts us in a fight or flight mode. Must be ingrained in our genes from when we slept around campfires as cavemen.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: starwae

I don't 'popping' sounds in my head but recently I've been woken up by the sound of 'buzzing' like what wasps do when they fly around, also I've been woken up by knocking on my door between 3 and 5am. Both have been 3 or 4 times. I havn't been to open the door though. The buzzing did make me jump out of bed and check for a Wasp. No Wasp to be found.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Cerebral cortex seizure? Not sure if "exploding head syndrome" is lay mans for aforementioned...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Very interesting Thread. I have seen mention of OOBE in these comments. If you are interested in trying to experience a self initiated OOBE, drop me a U2U. I have a fairly simple method for obtaining one, that for me, has been pretty successful. Syx.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This syndrome # explains nothing it just titles something that cannot be explained.Its only good they named it because people will not feel alone.

I think its obvious you are not conscious about what is happening around you.So you might find an answer after you practice some method that helps to raise your conscious level. I suggest meditations or the mentioned out of body practices but still you should not fear about this because its an obvious calling sign for the creatures that feeds on fear.

And about the images you see...well it doesnt sound like they harming you....it can be that the images you see has some kind of relations to you like higher self,or soulmate from the astral side....who knows...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Past life experiences perhaps. For example, I believe violent deaths can haunt you into the next life - you might have died suddenly in a war or some other violent accident. If so, I believe you can fix it with Mindfullness Meditation where while meditation you let your thought run until these memories gradually come forward into the concious mind (as abstract symbols and not memories the actual events) for you to process or acknowledge them somehow with your concious mind. When you start to have Mindfullness Meditation where your mind is completely relaxed and "cleared" these nightterrors should also go away. The reason I believe this is that it seems your subconsious is trying to process it when you sleep (e.g. in your dreams), but it is too traumatic for you handle so you wake up. By using Mindfullness Meditation you may be able to gradually process these traumatic events over a longer period of time making it less traumatic for you.

-MM

edit on 3-8-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I apologize ahead of time.

"Woken by loud popping noise accompanied by bright flash"
The popcorn bag said 4 minutes...not 40.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
You exploders entirely sure it aint the act of arriving back in your body after an OOB experience while asleep?
Just askin....

Thats what I was thinking, I've heard of a similar phenomenon of a crackling like noise occuring right after people have smoked dimethyltryptamine and is usually followed by the person experiencing thereselves pop out of there body. DM T is also naturally produced by the pineal gland and could be related to the dream state which would correlate with the time the OP had this experience ( probably during REM .)
edit on 3-8-2014 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Not necessarily with the flashes. But yeah I've had 2 or 3 instances over the last three years wherein I was woke late at night, early in the morning by what I thought was a very loud noise close by (seemed to be in the house.) Popping would be a good description of the sound, but there was somehow a brief, but loud rushing sound too just before the pop.

Upon investigation of my house and front/backyard, nothing was out of the ordinary. Each time it was also when my wife was out of town on work so I didn't have the opportunity to validate with her.

The thing that made it seem to not be a dream noise is that the noise was not incorporated into my dream. I woke immediately with the thought, "that was not part of my dream. I need to wake up because I am in danger."

Each time, I just had the gut instinct that the noise was "not normal." But besides the eerie feeling there was nothing to it. I honestly wonder whether it is something to do with my body.

edit on 3-8-2014 by Dawgishly because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by Dawgishly because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by Dawgishly because: Fill out description.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

It’s really interesting to me, that you mention Archangel Michael.

I’ve only had several oob experiences (completely spontaneous) and during one of them, I became really frightened. I felt like I was trapped and surrounded by scary beings and out of desperation, I called out to Archangel Michael for help. I really don’t know what compelled me to do so, but I’m grateful that I did, because almost instantaneously, I snapped back in my body and woke up.

Although, I consider myself to be somewhat skeptical about most things, following this experience and after reading the experiences of other people, I do believe that there are likely kind, protective spirits/Angels (and unfortunately probably some negative ones too) watching over us at times.

And so yeah, I do agree with what the other poster’s have said in that what you’re experiencing very well could be related to an OOB experience. When I was quite young, I often would wake up feeling as though I had just fallen back into my bed. It’s only now that I’m older that I look back and wonder if maybe I was popping back into my body? However, I can’t remember any of my dreams from back then. Crazy stuff indeed!
But it does make life really interesting as well.

Anyways, I think you have the right idea by calling out to Archangel Michael for protection – if you ask, I believe he will keep you safe!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have had this happen a couple of times and it only started this year, I associate it with all the other weirdness that has been going on around me this year. I think (for me anyway) its either a sign of serious neurological damage, mental illness, or aliens really are trying to communicate with me...

Why I even consider the latter is because all this crazy # started happening after I saw unidentified aerial phenomenon in February.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have these "pops" sometimes, on occasion they are quite loud and unsettling but usually they're just loud enough to make me ask what the heck was that... No idea what causes it. On the louder ones it did seem to be accompanied by a slight brightening of everything but I wouldn't call it a "flash" of light in my case. Usually happens when I'm going to sleep but it's also happened while I was wide awake sitting at my computer.

I also, more than usual lately, wake myself up just as I'm drifting off to sleep by jerking half my body around like a big muscle spasm. Used to be just my leg, now it seems like more. A little frustrating for me but it seems to scare the crap out of my dog who likes to sleep on the bed.

I don't know about the OBE correlation... I used to be pretty big into lucid dreaming and dreams in general (something I'm trying to get back into) and although I can't remember these pops ever happening while attempting WILD or dream incubation, I did sometimes hear sounds like buzzing, whistling, faint music, muffled voices, and experience the sensation of falling. I bring this up because some people say lucid dreaming and OBEs are related. I don't personally think it is but I'm not experienced with OBEs so take that how you will. I think it could be a similar process with a different result, or people mistaking one for the other, I'm not sure.

originally posted by: Dawgishly
The thing that made it seem to not be a dream noise is that the noise was not incorporated into my dream. I woke immediately with the thought, "that was not part of my dream. I need to wake up because I am in danger."

I've had this happen several times but with voices. One particular time the voice sounded like my (ex) girlfriend YELLED my name, sounded like she was standing next to the bed. I jumped up and looked around, nothing. I groggily stumbled through the house and she had passed out on the couch with the TV on so it wasn't her. That one still confuses me, but then again a lot of weird things happened in that house.
edit on 6-8-2014 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2014 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

What if multiple people witness or hear the Same thing is it still exploadingbrain syndrome or something metaphys

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Proton - antiproton annihilation.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Any issues with your retinas? Flashes...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hi. Yup. I used to get this alot. Essentially what would happen is i would be sleeping in my bedroom where my computer was. I would turn off my computer, hop into bed and start drifting off to sleep. Then the monitor as it was cooling down would let out a quick noise which as going to sleep in my dark silent room would seem louder than it was and i with my eyes closed and nearly drifting off to sleep, would experience a bright flash of light. Its just in your bead bro. Super annoying. Best of luck.

Quick question... do you have anxiety or depression? Suffer a bit of insomnia, wake up tired?

If you have any of the above i would recommend trying to find some herbal pills that will kill off gut bacteria. Then after the hopefully bad gut bacteria is killed, replace with other good gut bacteria.. aka probiotics.... and also at the same time find some herbal pills etc that will help your glands out in your body, like your adrenal glands, and the difderent glands in your body that may need help
edit on 1-12-2018 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I would setup a camera just for possible evidence/documentation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join