It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas fires rockets toward Israel after terror group rejects truce

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hamas said it fired five rockets at Israel late Saturday after rejecting Israel's offer to extend a 12-hour humanitarian cease-fire by four hours, casting new doubt on international efforts to broker an end to 19 days of fighting.

The terror group said two of the rockets were aimed at Tel Aviv. Police in Israel's second-largest city dispersed a peace rally attended by several thousand people because of the threat, a spokesman said.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said the group rejected Israel's proposal to extend an original 12-hour lull by four hours, until midnight (2100 GMT) Saturday.

Source-yes its FOX but you can find it on CNN and others as well its the same information so dont come at me with "Oh its Faux"

So heres the deal....

For weeks now I have watched people on ATS call Israel warmongering baby killers who want to do nothing but wipe Palestine off the map.

I have watched for weeks as people have said how the Palestinians and Hamas just want piece and Israel will not give it to them...

This is the SECOND TIME that Hamas has either rejected or BROKEN a ceasefire with Israel in the last 2 weeks........

Why is it that whenever Israel fires back at Hamas they are villains ........but no one bats an EYE when Hamas and Palestine break ceasefires to fire rockets off into Israel?

Why is it everyone keeps quiet when they do this?

There is so much intellectual dishonesty going on with this situation that it boggles the mind

I have advocated on BOTH sides of this situation......

I have condemned Israel for its deplorable actions, and I have condemned Hama for theirs as well.........

But I will be damned if I sit here and listen to people sit around and try to tell the world that Hamas cares about the Palestinian people and how they just want peace when they CONTINUALLY, REPEATEDLY either REJECT or break ceasefires in this conflict.

I know im going to get slammed in this thread, but I really dont care anymore.......

yes BOTH sides are deplorable in some of the things that are doing, but this pro Palestinian gung ho attitude while ignoring the in your face crap they are pulling is starting to look more like a blatant joke.......

edit on 7/26/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If you defend Israel against terrorists and ideology that lends itself to terrorism you will be called a shill, a monster, and a supporter of "war crimes".

I have personally seen what these types of people do...At least the results of it.

Anywhere Islamic Extremism exists should be watched carefully and the adherents to violent extremism eradicated.

edit on pSat, 26 Jul 2014 15:52:25 -0500201426America/Chicago2014-07-26T15:52:25-05:0031vx7 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There are no good guys in this conflict.

edit on 26-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You don't really think a coward group like Hamas would have honor, they hide among the civilians they hide weapons in schools and hospitals and god knows what they had planned with those tunnels.

Until the Palestinians stand up to the coward terrorist called Hamas they will never move forward.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
If you defend Israel against terrorists and ideology that lends itself to terrorism you will be called a shill, a monster, and a supporter of "war crimes".

I have personally seen what these types of people do...At least the results of it.

Anywhere where Islamic Extremism exists should be watched carefully and the adherents to violent extremism eradicated.

I know and even tho ive been pretty public about my disgust over some of the things Israel has done, anytime I speak out against something Palestine or Hamas is doing, the same people that agreed with me before resort to calling me a Zionist and Anti Islamic biggot......

It seems its only acceptable to criticize one side

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Your op ignores everything that has gone before.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The op is talking about the now.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

This is the SECOND TIME that Hamas has either rejected or BROKEN a ceasefire with Israel in the last 2 weeks........

You are correct.
Question
How many times has Israel rejected / broken ceasefire?
I can count at least 2 as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
But what is happening now is based on what happened before! Hamas may have very good reasons for saying no based on past experience?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The NOW is a result of what has happened in the PAST
You cannot detach the two. All part of the on going conflict.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

But what is happening now is based on what happened before! Hamas may have very good reasons for saying no based on past experience?

They need to look forward if they want to have progress.

Looking backwards while moving forward will only lead to more unwanted collisions.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I hope Israel finish the job quickly..
Hamas have made this into a matter of religion, Muslim leaders around the world are advocating death to Jews and say Hitler should have finish the job.
www.radioislam.org...

The Islamic horde will not be satisfied before you and your loved ones praise Allah or are dead

More and more people realize this, but perhaps its already to late

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Quick, send John Kerry into Gaza immediatly to slap Hamas leaders on the hands while shouting "no no, bad very bad"

Expecting Hamas to honor anything is like expecting young children to behave while the parents are away.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If Hamas would have cared about people in Palestine they would have built bomb shelters for palestinian people instead of tunnels of terrorism.
edit on 26-7-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm rooting for the side that advocates for peace.

Don't care who that is.

The first side that advocates for peace, gets my vote!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Truce extended 24 hours wether Hamas likes it or not

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They both advocate for peace while plotting attacks and war.

If you're looking for a side to favor in this never ending conflict, you'll have to choose the one that displays the most restraint in battle.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

They both advocate for peace while plotting attacks and war.

If you're looking for a side to favor in this never ending conflict, you'll have to choose the one that displays the most restraint in battle.

Sorry. I'm not looking for the most peaceful combatant. I'm looking for the first country, the first "side", the first element that actually tries to sue for peace.

Not a cease-fire.
A cease-fire simply means a time-out in order to reload.

I'm talking about actual peace.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
If Hamas would have cared about people in Palestine they would have built bomb shelters for palestinian people instead of tunnels of terrorism.

Hamas doesn't care about the people at all. If they did, they wouldn't hide in hospitals and schools etc and use women/children/civilians as human shields. Hamas thrives on innocent deaths, it's the only way they gain support. So many are sold on their BS, hook, line and sinker. The ample evidence is right here on ATS.
edit on 26-7-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The cold hard reality is that there will never be any lasting peace between them.

They will remain bitter enemies until the END. Best anyone can realistically hope for is longer periods of relative calm between fighting....

You already know how this movie ends ultimately... Just don't know how many sequels you must sit through to get to the end...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join