It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas fires rockets toward Israel after terror group rejects truce

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur

Forgive my ignorance on the subject but how would the destruction of Israel and parts of Iran cause oil prices to rise? I would figure the less countries there are the more oil there would be for the other countries.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: shapur

So the only solution to peace is the destruction of Israel?
No ... Again,no one wants to destroy Israel,and of course no one has a solid answer to this conflict...That is why it is going on for so long.But not to retaliate the atrocities of the Zionists is something that is in the past.The new chapter will emerge in the book of tales from the creep and that will eventually discharge Zionism from the region...Israel will always be Israel and their people will always live there,just not under an evil regime anymore,of course sadly there will always be how do you say, "colatheral damages"sorry can't spell) but there is no other choices left...This is just the beginning.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Why does Isreal fight Hamas? This is what Hamas stands for in their own words.

From the Hamas Charter Part III Article 13: "[Peace] initiatives, the so-called peaceful solutions, and the international conferences to resolve the Palestinian problem, are all contrary to the beliefs of the Islamic Resistance Movement...There is no solution to the Palestinian problem except by Jihad."

In their opening statement, "Israel will rise and will remain erect until Islam eliminates it."

In the Introduction, "our struggle against the JEWS is extremely wide-ranging...to be followed by further steps and reinforced by successive battalions from the multifarious Arab and Islamic world, until the enemies are defeated and Allah’s victory prevails."

Part I Article 2: "The Islamic Resistance Movement is one of the wings of the Muslim Brothers in Palestine. The Muslim Brotherhood Movement is a world organization, the largest Islamic Movement in the modern era."

So in other words, Hamas is a Jihadist wing of the Muslim Brotherhood devoted to destroying Israel. And the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization with plans much bigger than Israel, but they are one important piece to the puzzle.

I fully understand why people feel bad for the people in Palestine, I do too. But just because Hamas hasn't kiled that many doesn't mean they aren't trying, and it doesn't mean they won't succeed in the future if nothing is done about them now.

I'm a peaceful person myself, I'm not violent, I literally wouldn't harm a fly unless it attacked me, like a mosquito. I don't even harm spiders, even though they look different and odd, I look past that and try to appreciate that they deserve to live too. Just the other day I saw a bug on it's back that couldn't get up, I flipped it over so it could get on it's way. The point I'm making is that I'm not out to judge something just because it's different than what I think of as natural or what is familiar to me. One of the very few threads I've made on this site was about the wisdom of peace and how all religions really teach peace at their core, and yes I included Islam. But some people don't want peace, some people believe that the only solution to their problems is by war or Jihad. Hamas is one of those groups and the Palestinians would be much better off if those Jihadists were removed instead of encouraged.
edit on 27-7-2014 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have to agree...

Unfortunately, the sheer ignorance and hatred has overcome the logic....

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye
Interesting picture from 2012.
All the picture proves is monkeys do sometimes fall out of trees.
You can show one picture from a couple of years back, the Palestinian people can show videos and pictures by the thousands every day.
You are not fooling anyone but by all means keep shouting, the world will hear and take interest.
A recent UN vote shows israel having only one friend, and that is changing fast!
Beating the handicapped is not a good thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Your op ignores everything that has gone before.

What? That this is about the 20th time in 30 years that Palestinian Radicals have provoked israle to defend itself?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So you sucker punch me and I end up winning the fight ... it's all my fault. Got it.

Think about this, you get sucker punched and you respond by killing the person and their family, would you go to jail? Would you be labeled as a psychopath?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

No body is buying into this ploy anymore. That went out with Yasser Arafat and the PLO. Hamas was simply a new look to give the thing a new face. But we have seen that mask slipping now for some time.

Its mostly a new generation of poorly educated and reactionary that buy into this utter nonsenses of the pity position for Hamas.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

No body is buying into this ploy anymore. That went out with Yasser Arafat and the PLO. Hamas was simply a new look to give the thing a new face. But we have seen that mask slipping now for some time.

Its mostly a new generation of poorly educated and reactionary that buy into this utter nonsenses of the pity position for Hamas.

Ploy?
So Palestinian and israeli forces are equals now?
Far as I and the known world know, Palestine has always been the handicapped nation.
But then again, years of having a boot on the back of the neck can do that.
Palestinians have supposedly fired 2500+ rockets, with 0 casualties, or was there one...
I like those kind of odds, if the reality of the conflict were not so sad.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Yes ploy. They understand that Israle always comes out looking good when the Arab nation states gang up on them. So they decided a propaganda war, posturing the Palestinians, would pay off better in the long run.

You can be certain that if the Jews packed up tomorrow and left that if you came back in a few years the Palestinians would not be running Palestine.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Well you should be the first to volunteer to get shot at with one of those "near harmless" rockets.

You, a former target, left unscathed could change the outcome of this whole conflict.

Hero material. I got dibs on your star count.

Your tirade still does not negate the fact that what I said was spot on.
Do you have anything real to add to the discussion.
Cuz if not, please let's not derail the thread.

Kind of off topic, my star count is of no consequence.
I speak my mind and truth is often not very popular.
Such as the fact that Palestinian rockets are truly nothing to fear, even before the iron dome.
As a kid here in the US we used to shoot off rockets VERY similar to these Palestinian rockets in our city parks, they were called Estes rockets.

This genocide is like no other in history, all human beings are connected via the web and watch in real time the atrocities.
Bottom line, you beat on too many disabled folk in the public eye and the court of public opinion will prosecute you.

they were called Estes rockets.

A person with delusional disorder or paranoid disorder cannot tell what's real or imagined. This is a serious type of mental health disorder called psychosis.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
BBC News

There was a line in this article about 2 hours ago or so which said that an Israeli official had more explicitly said that Israel didn't want to accept the truce. I'm paraphrasing, but that was pretty much what was said. However that line has now mysteriously disappeared.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

I read something similar as well but their supposed reasoning behind it was that the truce would be violated anyways after hamas had been given enough time to move more rockets into position and reorganize.

Something to that effect...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Sorry for Israel for having the technology to shoot down these rockets and protect itself. It does look bad on the PR war, doesn't it? Almost no casualties... your are right. Surely these rockets are nothing, right? No threat! Why the iron dome then? Why spending so much money for intercepting these rockets? If they are so harmless as you say they are. Would you accept one of these rockets being launched at your house to prove how harmless they are?

Surely the Israeli firepower is way stronger, and we see the damage it causes to Gaza and many feel bad about it including myself. But everyone knew once Hamas rejected the unconditional truce before the ground invasion, that this is what's going to happen. If you are weaker and you know it, at least be a man enough to take the chance and accept the cease-fire and not let the poor Palestinian in Gaza to go through that hell they are going. But no, they are led by a coward leader that says he's willing to die for the blockade to stop, only he says it from his comfortable stay in a luxurious hotel in Qatar. Far far away.

Hamas sold the poor Palestinians for the hope of global support, which they don't have much anymore and rightfully so. Ask yourself why Egypt is on the Israeli side and are blowing up tunnels themselves on the Egypt-Gaza cross-border.

You gotta ask yourself the obvious questions pal. Deny ignorance.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Since Hamas is made up of the Sunni.

Wouldn't really matter if the Isreaelis were there or not.

The same crap would be going.

Just like what we saw in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And the truth shall set the world free.

(Unless it is Jihad, which vows to kill them all)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Well you should be the first to volunteer to get shot at with one of those "near harmless" rockets.

You, a former target, left unscathed could change the outcome of this whole conflict.

Hero material. I got dibs on your star count.

Your tirade still does not negate the fact that what I said was spot on.
Do you have anything real to add to the discussion.
Cuz if not, please let's not derail the thread.

Kind of off topic, my star count is of no consequence.
I speak my mind and truth is often not very popular.
Such as the fact that Palestinian rockets are truly nothing to fear, even before the iron dome.
As a kid here in the US we used to shoot off rockets VERY similar to these Palestinian rockets in our city parks, they were called Estes rockets.

This genocide is like no other in history, all human beings are connected via the web and watch in real time the atrocities.
Bottom line, you beat on too many disabled folk in the public eye and the court of public opinion will prosecute you.

they were called Estes rockets.

A person with delusional disorder or paranoid disorder cannot tell what's real or imagined. This is a serious type of mental health disorder called psychosis.

You really don't know how to use a search engine very well do you? Next time do a little searching before making ignorant remarks about a person mental state. This is just a skill level 2 rocket that is just as big as they are using and we can buy even bigger ones that go almost as high as any jet has flown.

These are the ones you need a higher skill level to fly.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Hmm a search engine dished out this:

North Korea To Send Hamas Weapons, Communication Equipment In Secret Arms Deal

Hamas and North Korea in secret arms deal

Iran admits giving Hamas technology for missiles

The weapons, often generically referred to as Qassams, were initially crude and short-range, mainly affecting Sderot and other communities bordering the Gaza Strip. However, in 2006 more sophisticated rockets began to be deployed, reaching the larger coastal city of Ashkelon, and by early 2009 major cities Ashdod and Beersheba had been hit by Katyusha, WS-1B[8] and Grad rockets.[9] In 2012, Jerusalem and Israel's commercial center Tel Aviv were targeted with locally made "M-75" and Iranian Fajr-5 rockets, respectively,[10] and in July 2014, the northern city of Haifa was targeted for the first time.[11] A few projectiles have contained white phosphorus

Attacks have been carried out by all Palestinian armed groups,[19] and, prior to the 2008–2009 Gaza War, were consistently supported by most Palestinians,[20][21][22][23] although the stated goals have been mixed. The attacks, widely condemned for targeting civilians, have been described as terrorism by United Nations, European Union and Israeli officials, and are defined as war crimes by human rights groups Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch. Indiscriminate attacks on civilians and civilian structures that do not discriminate between civilians and military targets are illegal under international law.[24][25]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

edit on 27-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You are blind. I don't know where you live, but let's say Manhattan. If the same sort of attack was happening to Manhattan, no food, no water, security checkpoints, what would the residents of Manhattan do? If your family was killed and your house was bombed what would you do? Seriously, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join