It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas fires rockets toward Israel after terror group rejects truce

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hamas rockets!!!!
How scary...
We all know how many deaths israeli bombs make, but do we know the epic death toll of these "THOUSANDS OF HAMAS ROCKETS"!!??
Yep, goose eggs.
Everyone knows hamas rockets only scorch wherever they land and barely ever cause any real property damage.

What israel does is akin to beating the hell out of the guy in a wheelchair after you tip it over.
Sure he screams bad words and swings wildly, but his attacks are wholly impotent and NEVER cause harm.

Just why did the US buy israel that shiny new iron dome anyway?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: beezzer

They both advocate for peace while plotting attacks and war.

If you're looking for a side to favor in this never ending conflict, you'll have to choose the one that displays the most restraint in battle.

Sorry. I'm not looking for the most peaceful combatant. I'm looking for the first country, the first "side", the first element that actually tries to sue for peace.

Not a cease-fire.
A cease-fire simply means a time-out in order to reload.

I'm talking about actual peace.

Does that count Mahmoud Abbas of Fatah and the PLO...the president of Palestine? He's advocated for peace, and is currently set on trying to settle the current conflict between Hamas and Israel. His goals have been for peace of both states, but after the talks earlier in the year fell apart, he went on to establish a unified government to achieve the peace unilaterally. Not even a month later, we now have this war between Hamas and Israel.

I would say that Hamas and Israel don't want peace. I would say that the president of Palestine does want peace, however.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Well you should be the first to volunteer to get shot at with one of those "near harmless" rockets.

You, a former target, left unscathed could change the outcome of this whole conflict.

Hero material. I got dibs on your star count.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

If you're looking for a side to favor in this never ending conflict, you'll have to choose the one that displays the most restraint in battle.

Sorry. I'm not looking for the most peaceful combatant. I'm looking for the first country, the first "side", the first element that actually tries to sue for peace.

Not a cease-fire.

Does that count Mahmoud Abbas of Fatah and the PLO...the president of Palestine? He's advocated for peace, and is currently set on trying to settle the current conflict between Hamas and Israel. His goals have been for peace of both states, but after the talks earlier in the year fell apart, he went on to establish a unified government to achieve the peace unilaterally. Not even a month later, we now have this war between Hamas and Israel.

I would say that Hamas and Israel don't want peace. I would say that the president of Palestine does want peace, however.

Anyone who is searching for a lasting peace should be listened to.

Unfortunately, peace isn't popular.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Well you should be the first to volunteer to get shot at with one of those "near harmless" rockets.

You, a former target, left unscathed could change the outcome of this whole conflict.

Hero material. I got dibs on your star count.

Your tirade still does not negate the fact that what I said was spot on.
Do you have anything real to add to the discussion.
Cuz if not, please let's not derail the thread.

Kind of off topic, my star count is of no consequence.
I speak my mind and truth is often not very popular.
Such as the fact that Palestinian rockets are truly nothing to fear, even before the iron dome.
As a kid here in the US we used to shoot off rockets VERY similar to these Palestinian rockets in our city parks, they were called Estes rockets.

This genocide is like no other in history, all human beings are connected via the web and watch in real time the atrocities.
Bottom line, you beat on too many disabled folk in the public eye and the court of public opinion will prosecute you.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
The real problem is, peace talks are a joke.
If 99.999 percent of Palestine were in agreement that peace is the answer without a doubt, the .001 guy would fire a rocket and destroy peace.
Or another false flag would be set up.
Then israel will step in once again and make a stupid crazy lopsided death toll that will inevitably breed more hate.
Sad but there can truly be no peace as there will always be psychopaths, just one is all it takes.
Truth is, israel is the cancer and the only thing keeping peace loving doctors from cutting it from the body is US cash and bombs.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
here are some numbers. they are from the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and those that support hamas are going to say those lying Zionist are making this up, but the fatality's have been independently verified by Mondoweiss.
for those who don't know who they are.

Mondoweiss (2006–present) is a news-centric blog that is co-edited by journalists Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz. It is a part of the Center for Economic Research and Social Change.[6] According to the editors, Mondoweiss is "a news website devoted to covering American foreign policy in the Middle East, chiefly from a progressive Jewish perspective". They also state that they "maintain this blog because of 9/11, Iraq, Gaza, the Nakba, the struggling people of Israel and Palestine, and our Jewish background".[1] Its founder describes himself as a progressive and anti-Zionist.[3]
Mondoweiss

i also suspect they have verified all the other numbers just won't admit to it.

and here are a few comments about them on the same page.

praise for them.

In March 2007, Gary Kamiya of Salon.com wrote that Mondoweiss offered "informed and passionate discussions" of what Weiss states are "delicate and controversial matters surrounding American Jewish identity and Israel." Kamiya also states that Weiss, "routinely skewers attempts by mainstream Jewish organizations and pundits to lay down the law on what is acceptable discourse." He gave as an example Weiss exploring "off-limits" topics like dual loyalty, as in an incident regarding the American Jewish Committee. Weiss had written that a Committee piece accusing Jewish intellectuals who did not "toe the party line on Israel" of being “self-haters” only revealed the “anti-intellectual, vicious, omerta practices of the Jewish leadership.”[36]
In 2009, Michael Massing, in an article titled "The News About the Internet" for The New York Review of Books, noted that "Weiss is one of several friends I’ve seen flourish online after enduring years of frustration writing for magazines. With its unrelenting criticism of Israel, his site [Mondoweiss] has angered even some of his fellow doves, but it has given voice to a strain of opinion that in the past had few chances of being heard."[37]

and utter contempt for them.

In 2012, The Algemeiner Journal characterized Mondoweiss as "Purveyors of Anti-Semitic Material".[46] Also, Armin Rosen, a Media Fellow with The Atlantic, criticized Peter Beinart's blog, Open Zion (which appears in The Daily Beast) for publishing an article by Alex Kane because he is Mondoweiss's "Staff Reporter." Rosen wrote that "Mondoweiss often gives the appearance of an anti-Semitic enterprise."[47]
In 2013, Peter Beinart, writing for The Daily Beast, accused Mondoweiss of "ignoring human rights abuse unless it can be linked to America or capitalism or the West", and said that "By admitting that they’re more interested in human rights violations when Israel commits them than when Hamas does, Horowitz and Roth are implying that they don’t really see human rights as universal".[53]

now for the numbers.

from this wiki, Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel

so it seems that there have been 28 killed, and 1971 plus injured. so they have caused death and injury.
but like i said those that support hamas will say that this is just a Zionist lie, regardless of the notes that come from independent sources post in the chart.

and here are the people that Issrael say are firing at them.

34% – Palestinian Islamic Jihad (Al Quds)
22% – Hamas (Qassam)  
8% – Fatah (Kafah)  
6% – Popular Resistance Committees (al Nasser)
30% – unknown

so there are 4 terrorist groups firing, and the high numbers are one group that is hardly ever talked about, unknown who fired, and Hamas.

all together they have fired 10,138 rocket and 4890 mortars for a total of 15,047 attacks in 13 years, i say that these terrorists are lucky that they still have a place to stay.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Your not allowed to be grounded and logical.

Meanwhile, in Iraq, 40 are killed as the result of a single car bomb.

So many people are actively outraged over that one right? Oh...they're not? Awe......

I guess this isn't on topic enough as well g146541? Sue me...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

We all know how many deaths israeli bombs make, but do we know the epic death toll of these "THOUSANDS OF HAMAS ROCKETS"!!??

How many times are you going to let someone punch you in the face before you pummel them?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Not a cease-fire.

Anyone who is searching for a lasting peace should be listened to.

Unfortunately, peace isn't popular.

That's because peace isn't as profitable as war.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ya know, these people can't complain about Israel shooting back when they keep firing first. I said earlier today that the only reason Hamas agreed to the 12 hour truce was so that they can rearm themselves, and sure enough as soon as they found some working weapons they started firing them.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

How many times are you going to let someone punch you in the face before you pummel them?

Hopefully I would not allow someone to punch me in the face.
But if faced with a person attacking me whose attack was wholly impotent, I think I'd just sit back and laugh.
A warmonger would not see this.
It is ok though, the world has no choice but to recognize the elephant in the room, the court of public opinion and all.
the Terrorist state of israel only has one friend according to the last UN vote.
Daylight is coming.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

But if faced with a person attacking me whose attack was wholly impotent, I think I'd just sit back and laugh.

Lol

Sure you would.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Might you go and read the charter of hamas and then refer to Israel as a terrorist state?

Do you believe their "mission statement" has changed as of late?

Hell no!

If anything, as time goes by, they grow emboldened and even more dangerous.

Facebook and other social media has turned otherwise insignificant citizens into staunch politically motivated activists. People who are completely oblivious tin regards to the history of this ongoing conflict.

If I see another "Free Palestine" gif posted by a kid without any knowledge of the history behind this madness; I'll "exterminate" myself.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Might you go and read the charter of hamas and then refer to Israel as a terrorist state?

Hell no!

Facebook and other social media has turned otherwise insignificant citizens into staunch politically motivated activists. People who are completely oblivious tin regards to the history of this ongoing conflict.

If I see another "Free Palestine" gif posted by a kid without any knowledge of the history behind this madness; I'll "exterminate" myself.

Cool story Bro.
Question, who holds the top score for death of innocents, israel or Palestine??
Notice that the numbers are grotesquely imbalanced?
But you place the badge of terrorist on the victims?
Orwell much?
Give me a moment, I will try to find a Free Palestine gif.
The information age is here, truth is coming out!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Well at least you understand why Palestinians are rocketing Israel.... That's a start.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Well at least you understand why Palestinians are rocketing Israel.... That's a start.

Yet another reason why we will never see peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Shill, paid poster, zionist pig, peace hater, down with Israel, Free Hamas ... am I doing it right?

Seriously don't bother using logic on ATS, hatred does not mix with logic.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

Hell no!

Cool story Bro.
Question, who holds the top score for death of innocents, israel or Palestine??
Notice that the numbers are grotesquely imbalanced?
But you place the badge of terrorist on the victims?
Orwell much?
Give me a moment, I will try to find a Free Palestine gif.
The information age is here, truth is coming out!

So you sucker punch me and I end up winning the fight ... it's all my fault. Got it.

Maybe if Hamas did not intentionally try to get civilians killed less would be ...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
These rocket attacks are child's play comparing to whats coming up if Israelis continue their madness and atrocities against humanity in Gaza...The patience are running out and Iranians big arm Hezbollah is preparing to do massive retaliation attacks on Tel aviv like they have never imagined before...The clock is just ticking,,I know some of you are cheering out but this is not good news at all ,,for neither side,nor the world as a whole.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join