It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever met anyone who was a member of the illuminati or other society?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The closest i have been to finding anything out was my mom's boyfriend was a mason. But he didn't seem to know too much. I think you have to be hight up to know all the secrets. Anyways I bet I could of got more out of him but he shot himself. Also when I was working at the gas station in st. louis, a rich black man always came in at 3 in the morning. He had an all seeing eye tattoo on his hand. I asked him what he knew about the illuminati and he said he couldn't tell me. I know the masons and illuminati are conected, but i think the illuminati are alot more secretive. Oh yea why were all those member up above banned? I'm not scared of the illuminati. Has everyone read that one web site on them? They say they have really high technology and crap, its an old site just posting it for peeps who havent' had a chance to see it yet. Anyways here it is educate-yourself.org... enjoy......

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Mattodlum]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
While I was in student politics, I got to know (from a distance, of course) a very shadowy guy who was working as counsellor/manager/trainer for student's union officers, and he was also evedropping on student representatives during general councils of that union while appearantly giving directives through telecom devices to the president of these meetings.

The crazy thing is that this guy had no explicit function into this student union and he's been woring there year after year, without anybody questioning who he was and what was is purpose exactly.

If the Illluminati are real, then this guy would have had all the features and qualities to be an Illuminatus (he also had the perfect creepy look for being one!), and this considering that this secret society's main strategy of political action is through infiltration and making organizations reply on them as advisors or financial/political supporters. Just make a research on how the Rothschild came to have a huge influence on Europe's royal families just by playing the role of intermediaries and lending money and secure bank account, and you,ll know what I'm talking about. On his part, he seemed to have a quite a large control in this organization by playing the role of the "advisor".

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I met with lots of Freemasons today. My lodge hosted a brunch this morning down at Brookside Country Club, right next to the Rose Bowl.

Wisdom Lodge #202, F & AM
Pasadena, California

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yes I have, my father was a very advanced Rosicrucian before he passed
away. Boy the stories I could tell you about him! I'm thinking about creating
a website about the conversations we had and the experiences I had with
him without revealing too much of the secret teachings. He certainly was
a great mystic, healer, philosopher and spiritual being, and I did learned
a great deal from him. But I'm not sure if it's ethical to write about him or
if my family approves of this idea. We shall see.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i was looking through masonic rituals at a bookstore once.
a mason came up to me and said, "the biggest secret of masonry is that there are no secrets."
then, he said, "i'm a mason."

at which point, the bookseller said, "my dad was a mason and it always freaked me out."

the mason responded, "get the book 'duncan's rites'."

additionally, i have a male friend who won't reveal anything about masonry. he told me he couldn't tell anything. he did show me his ring.

hmm.......

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I knew a mason once, he was a perfectly normal guy though, and didn't make it sound like there were any real secrets going on except in terms of business deals and that sort of thing. I believed him, maybe I was wrong, I don't know...

ive met plenty of masons and they are all normal guys. Infact my father, (atleast) 2 of my uncles and one of my cousins are masons, all completely normal people. everyone who makes a mason out to be an evil person or freemasonry as a whole as being an evil entity makes me laugh...

Originally posted by MorbidAngel2010

also handling scholarships (but the price is your soul lol)

i attend college on a masonic scholarship and i didnt have to sell my soul

quote: Originally posted by John Nada
Why doesn't anyone join so that you could gain information?

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, they do. They usually walk away quite disappointed when they find out it really IS a social club with secret handshakes and secret meetings, opened with prayer and a lot of ceremony... and about as much power to influence world events as your local city council person.

finally someone who doesnt have an outlandish view of the masons! masons are just normal people, get it through your heads.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by brando56894]

[edit on 7-4-2006 by brando56894]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
go Brando!

this post is goin to sound like a rant, but if you read it in its entirety, then you'll see that it is just the product of a lot of frustation and emotion. ok, so maybe that is the definition of a rant, but oh well.

i want to know how many people who post negative things about fraternal organizations actually either belong to one or have had a conversation about the organization with a meber before posting their 'knowledge'?

i don't know anything about the illuminati, so i'll remain mum on that subject.
it seems that the people who post the most negative, bitchy things about these organizations are also the most ignorant about them...

as to the masonic/solar lodge - they are merely a group of like-minded individuals who get together to network and do charity.
i know for a fact that our local masonic lodge provides college schloraships(sp) to poor kids, buys Rx medications for the elderly who otherwise would go without, pays peoples outstanding medical bills, rents the county fairground building for the local fair - thus allowing more of the proceedes to go to the charitable organizations who get the money from it, in our case the lion's club, and does all kinds of other charitable deeds. far more than the average citizen does.

to any body who would like to knock the shriners - i'd like to go a couple or rounds with you in da ring, or the parking lot your choice.. ok, i'll let you make fun of those little 3-wheel shriner-mobiles, they DO look funny, but other wise...
FACT: shriners provide/arrange more free pediatric medical care than any other group of people in american! we're talking MILLIONS of dollars in free medical care for kids.
i personally know shriners who have taken time off work and driven their personal vehicle, using their own fuel, to take children to the shriner's hospital. these same shriners arrange for housing for the families near the hospital for as long as it takes, sometime months or years, at NO expense to the families. and, yes,the shriners pick up the tab for the hotel and medical bills. and, yes , they buy the children's medicine whenthey get out of the hospital. and they do all this for nothing more than a child's hug and a 'thank you.'
this is just one deed that shriners do.
i know guys who are going to college on shriners schloraships.
i know elderly who get their medications free from shriners.
the list goes on and on.

get it thru your heads, these are community-based organizations!
when is the last time one of you anti-masonic posters helped a burnt child?
bought an elderly neighbors heart medications?
rented a building for a charity event?

thank you for listening (reading?) my semi-rant.
i hope that you guy/gals, and you know who you are, will keep this stuff in mind before you go blasting an organization.

oh, and next time you see one, do me a favor and shake a shriner's hand and say 'thank you.' that is all the reward the want.

go shriners

rant over and

Boots out.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
My Grandad is/was a mason (I don't speak to him anymore, due to personal family issues) and I also believe my mum's friend/colleague has recently joined.

From what I've been told, they aren't the evil schemers some people believe. They do alot of charity work... or so I'm told.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My grandparents (both sides, mother and father) were Mason's..as far as I know thats where the masonic line stopped in my family, but the history goes way back. My avatar is from an actual "document" from the 1800's.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
only masons i have met are the low level degrees, (1 - 3 degrees who only reach Master Mason).

i would like to meet a higher level mason, but according to my research, it seems only a rare amount make it to the higher levels. I read a lot of research about masonic lodges, even a supposed one in Westminster Palace (its where the UK government is held).

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Every time I see a shriner on the road I give him a couple bucks cuz I know he's not doing it for nothing.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
only masons i have met are the low level degrees, (1 - 3 degrees who only reach Master Mason).

Master Mason is the highest degree in Ancient Craft Masonry. All other degrees are "extra" instead of "higher".

i would like to meet a higher level mason, but according to my research, it seems only a rare amount make it to the higher levels.

In the United States, there are approximately 2 million Scottish Rite Masons who hold at least the 32°, and 1 million Masonic Knights Templar (the highest degree in the York Rite). In the UK, this is somewhat different, but it is my understanding that most Past Masters go on through the Royal Arch and Mark degrees (Trinityman, correct me if I'm wrong).

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am a Mason. Lodge #235. You all seem so unknowledgable(not meant as an insult in any way shape or form) about masonry. Ask questions you have of us and ill answer. Were not really a secret society. more of a society with secrets, if that makes since

So through your answers at me. Oh and if anyone is intrested in the illuminati let me know, ill tell you what I know of the actual history of the orginization.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by Criniit]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have met several Illuminist members over the years.

They are normal people - all very well spoken, well bred, attractive and polite.

I've never sensed anything "sinister" about them and I am extremely biased about the majority of propaganda I've read on the subject of the Illuminati because of this.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In Baveria , a professor of religious law named Adam Weishaupt had an idea. In 1776, he formed a group called the Order of Perfectibilists (Perfectionists), with the notion that, through mutual aid, philosophical discussions, and careful advice, it would improve morality and virtue, oppose evil, improve society, and, thus, reform the world. It sounded Masonic, and in fact, Weishaupt cribbed some ceremonies from the Masonic ritual.

Weishaupt was an intellectual. He was born a Jew, baptized as a Catholic, and educated by Jesuits. Now he was looking for new recruits for his group, so he joined a Masonic lodge in 1777. Through his lodge, he interested several fellow masons who fancied themselves intellectuals, and they quickly changed the name of the new order to Illuminati (meaning intellectually inspired)

At first, he convinced only 4 others to join him, and the adopted secret names and codes to communicate with each other: Weishaupt in particular had to keep his role a secret, because he was making a living as a Catholic canon law professor at a Catholic university. Under the pen name Spartacus, Weishaupt outlined a secret plan to infiltrate the Freemasons, overthrow the governments of nations and churches, take over the world, and create a new world order of tolerance and equality.

In a short time, the Illuminati grew to about 2,000 members; they expanded into Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Italy, and France. A friend of Weishaupt's, Baron Adolf Knigge, was a well-known Mason in Bavaria and assisted Weishaupt with developing degree rituals, based on Masonic Ceremonies. Unfortunately, the Illuminati attracted both the best and worst of aristocratic society, and its aims began to lead far more to the destroy-the-government-and-churches side than the improve society side, and Baron Knigge finally had enough. The fight between the men created a split between the two sides.

At the same time, his Catholic students at the University of Ingoldstadt were being increasingly pumped full of his anti-Catholic rhetoric. The Jesuits figured out just who Spartacus was, and outed him. As the confessors to the royalty of Europe, they had their own network of spies and infiltrators, and they convinced the Bavarian government to arrest him in 1784. He fled the country but left behind his incriminating papers, outlining the Illuminati;s ambitious, if bizarre, plans for world domination. They were widely published all over Europe to expose the Illuminati secret plans and to flush out other members, many of whom wound up in prison.

The Illuminati were never popular, and the movement died out completely by the end of the century. It was tiny, insignificant, and largely ridiculous group that had no effect on any society in which it existed. Yet today, conspiracy theorists believe it still survives as the secret controlling force in Freemasonry and that it is continuing its plans for world domination...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This sort of nonsense is exactly what I am talking about.

While it may hold some historical accuracies, it is also laden with slant and bias. A "largely ridiculous" group. Frankly, I'm put off and slightly offended these subtle inflections slip through a supposedly "historical" article.

One of the main reasons I take such offense to articles like this and the distasteful Springmeier & Wheeler articles, is that it taints an otherwise uneducated and unaffiliated populace to a subject most of them will never experience directly.

How do I know this? I'm an adept myself, currently a student.

I don't like to talk about details, because I know far to well how the majority of the world works, and the last thing I need are my studies interrupted by novices, "hobbyists", skeptics or cynics that try to focus my attentions elsewhere.

I've been on the path since birth, and only within the past 12 years have I been called upon to put my knowledge to the test.

I don't "worship" symbols of any sort, nor do I hold ritual to any gods. I understand the psychology behind much of which is considered "brainwashing", and I understand the proper applications of such measures. I do not discuss them because I know too well what the majority of people would do with such information not borne of their own disciplines.

I speak in metaphor and, yes - on occassion I have a sense of humor that might fly over the heads of anyone outside my affiliations.

As far as the "world domination" thing goes - what do you expect from a bunch of half educated monkeys? They speak before they learn the Truth and relish in the attentions they recieve and never move forward in their studies.

They are content to equate material possessions as signs of self mastery when all it proves is they can hold a rudimentary job. If such things make them happy and complacent, so be it.

And for associations with the Masonic Community - while Illuminists tend to be highly creative and imgainative, reveling in new thought and translation - the Masons add balance by applying the disciplines of old, training the mind, working the material plane and honing the edge of the blade, as it were. They create a balance.

I am fortunate to be in such good company, and if these fine and noble people are able to enlighten the masses together (those members of the populace who can grasp such concepts) and build a New World free from unessecary want, pain and suffering...and some yokel wants to call it "plans of world domination"...I'll be mroe than happy to stand at arms and proudly declare myself to be the so-called Enemy.

In fact, I know a lot more than I care to discuss - and if that makes me undesirable because I don't "share" - then so be it.

I guess I have a "secret", and I damn well have a "society".

Love and light to all who read, and understand.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok, so take off the last paragraph and the rest is still historically accurate.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyBoots
it seems that the people who post the most negative, bitchy things about these organizations are also the most ignorant about them...

Jealousy perhaps?
The thing that most of the negative people don't understand... its like the ancient Orders of Knighthood. There was a code of honor you swore to your Brothers... breaking such a code, or any vow of secrecy, really meant that your own character was at stake... you would have no honor...

Now why would any organization want members that show from the beginning they have no honor? Seems foolish to me. If you have a genuine desire to seek knowledge, no matter from what society, you will find the doors opened.

If you approach this search with a preconceived notion of finding major secrets without doing some homework first, you will be disappointed.

as to the masonic/solar lodge - they are merely a group of like-minded individuals who get together to network and do charity.
i know for a fact that our local masonic lodge provides college schloraships(sp) to poor kids, buys Rx medications for the elderly who otherwise would go without, pays peoples outstanding medical bills, rents the county fairground building for the local fair - thus allowing more of the proceedes to go to the charitable organizations who get the money from it, in our case the lion's club, and does all kinds of other charitable deeds. far more than the average citizen does.

It might be interesting to take a poll from the negative thinkers to see how many man hours a year they have donated to charity or community work, and how much money they have donated.

to any body who would like to knock the shriners - i'd like to go a couple or rounds with you in da ring, or the parking lot your choice.. ok, i'll let you make fun of those little 3-wheel shriner-mobiles, they DO look funny, but other wise...
FACT: shriners provide/arrange more free pediatric medical care than any other group of people in american! we're talking MILLIONS of dollars in free medical care for kids.
i personally know shriners who have taken time off work and driven their personal vehicle, using their own fuel, to take children to the shriner's hospital. these same shriners arrange for housing for the families near the hospital for as long as it takes, sometime months or years, at NO expense to the families. and, yes,the shriners pick up the tab for the hotel and medical bills. and, yes , they buy the children's medicine whenthey get out of the hospital. and they do all this for nothing more than a child's hug and a 'thank you.'
this is just one deed that shriners do.
i know guys who are going to college on shriners schloraships.
i know elderly who get their medications free from shriners.
the list goes on and on.

HAZZAH!!! Well said!

One thing to add... there would not BE a United States of America if it wasn't for the Rosicrucians and Free Masons... read your history...

First Flag of the US

The Child's Own Losses

THE MYSTERIOUS ROSICRUCIAN WHO WAS THE FATHER OF THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC

The Speech of the Unknown

The Eye of God - The Great Seal of America

Happy Holidays Everyone

Met one you have now , yes? Hmmm? [heavy on the Yoda Accent]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Nice post zorgon. Made for some interesting reading. Only thing is about the meaning and the free masons involvement in the creation of the Great Seal.

The words "Annuit Coeptis" (Latin meaning "He [GOD] has favored our undertakings') Are written to the sides of the symbol and below it is written, "Novus Ordo Seclorum", which translates as, "A new order of the ages." It does not mean "a new world order. New world order would be written as, "Novus Ordo Mundi".

A committee of four men, including Benjamin Franklin (the only mason in the bunch), designed the Great Seal of the US in 1776. The image of the eye within a triangle to represent God was suggested by the only artist among them. Pierre du Simitiere - who was not a mason. The design was tinkered with by two other committees before being approved. The unfinished pyramid was suggested by Francis Hopkinson (another non-mason), and none of the final designers were masons.

The eye within a triangle to represent God appears throughout the Renaissance, long before speculative Freemasonry arrived on the scene. The triangle being three-sided represents the Christian belief in the Trinity of God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. No records associate Freemasonry with the symbol before 1797, nor is the symbol in any way related to the Bavarian Illuminati.

As for the unfinished pyramid, it represents the strong, new nation of the US, destined to stand for centuries, just as the famous pyramids have stood in Egypt. There are 13 rows of stones, representing the 13 original colonies, with the image of God watching over them.

Many Masonic lodges, especially in Europe, display the All-Seeing Eye just as it is used on the $1 bill - as a nondenominational representation of God. There is nothing sinister or occult about it, and there are numerous instances of it appearing in Christian art from the 1600s onward.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wow this thread had more banned members than any other that I can remember.

Hopefully we can keep our discssions civil and intellegent.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join